Day 22, 23, 24 and 25 of Sue's Rads

Options
2»

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Well,
    I got to ring the bell(donated I think by another cancer survivor)and got a certificate after finishing chemo,and after rads,I got hugs-so I didn't get any parties either! But I did give a rose to all the women who work at the cancer center(wanted to show them my gratitude).

Helloooooooooooo
    Hi everyone! I have been absent from the board as my sister flew here from out west to be with me to celebrate the end of my rads next week. I was surprised and sooooooooooo happy! I never had any idea she would come out. So, we have been having a blast, talking, laughing, eating, shopping, and ofcourse, my daily rad treatments.

Today finished the last of my regular rads. I am pink all over and a little darker pink next to my collarbone. It doesn't hurt. It just looks like a sunburn. But, still no pain except my nipple is hurting. It is kind of burnt. But, that is normal as it is sensitive. And, I only have to have 5 boosters, so, I will be done with rads next week! Can you believe it! I cannot wait.

So, I hope all of you are doing well and I hope I was maybe missed a little. lol

Have a great day and evening!

Sue :)
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Helloooooooooooo
    Hi everyone! I have been absent from the board as my sister flew here from out west to be with me to celebrate the end of my rads next week. I was surprised and sooooooooooo happy! I never had any idea she would come out. So, we have been having a blast, talking, laughing, eating, shopping, and ofcourse, my daily rad treatments.

Today finished the last of my regular rads. I am pink all over and a little darker pink next to my collarbone. It doesn't hurt. It just looks like a sunburn. But, still no pain except my nipple is hurting. It is kind of burnt. But, that is normal as it is sensitive. And, I only have to have 5 boosters, so, I will be done with rads next week! Can you believe it! I cannot wait.

So, I hope all of you are doing well and I hope I was maybe missed a little. lol

I wondered
    where you went. I was looking for your daily rad posting. So happy for you Sue. You are really almost done. I start rads next week :( I have to admit that you have taken the fear out of them for me. I know they aren't easy, but, I kind of know now what to expect. So, thank you for that!

Hope your burn doesn't get bad with your boosters.

Welcome back!
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Helloooooooooooo

Great Sue! I met today with
    Great Sue! I met today with my Radiology Oncologist. He is really cool. He has beautiful blue eyes,LOL. He went over my films with me, and examined me, and even checked my hernia. I have that surgery on Thursday. He thought I wanted to wait a few weeks after my surgery to start RADs. I said I hope a week will be enough, I want to get them over befor the holidays. He said you mean Christmas, I hope. I said yea. So, I have my appointment to do the SIM in Wednesday, my B-day no less. He said we should be able to start the rads on the 19th. I'm hoping I feel up to it. He said I will need 30 treatments, so that brings me to the begining of December. I just want to get this over with!

I asked him about the creams to use, he said ALOE plain aloe. He also said Bag balm?? Farmers put that on cow's utters,LOL
  • Ritzy
    Options
    Angie2U said:

I wondered
    where you went. I was looking for your daily rad posting. So happy for you Sue. You are really almost done. I start rads next week :( I have to admit that you have taken the fear out of them for me. I know they aren't easy, but, I kind of know now what to expect. So, thank you for that!

Hope your burn doesn't get bad with your boosters.

Welcome back!

Thanks
    Thanks Angie! It is nice to be missed, but, it has been so wonderful to have all of this time with my sister and it was such a surprise. She will celebrate the end of my rads next week with hubby and I. Although, I think hubby is whisking me off somewhere for a few days or so. Hmmmmmm, no offense, but, I kind of hope she doesn't come. lol Cause I think we are flying to the Gulf. Not for sure, but, think so.

I will be with you during your rads Angie. So, count on me to help you. You will do great!

• Ritzy
    Options
    lanie940 said:

Great Sue! I met today with
    Great Sue! I met today with my Radiology Oncologist. He is really cool. He has beautiful blue eyes,LOL. He went over my films with me, and examined me, and even checked my hernia. I have that surgery on Thursday. He thought I wanted to wait a few weeks after my surgery to start RADs. I said I hope a week will be enough, I want to get them over befor the holidays. He said you mean Christmas, I hope. I said yea. So, I have my appointment to do the SIM in Wednesday, my B-day no less. He said we should be able to start the rads on the 19th. I'm hoping I feel up to it. He said I will need 30 treatments, so that brings me to the begining of December. I just want to get this over with!

I asked him about the creams to use, he said ALOE plain aloe. He also said Bag balm?? Farmers put that on cow's utters,LOL

Hi Lanie! Your rads
    Hi Lanie! Your rads oncologist sounds cool and blue eyes! That will make the treatments more bearable, don't you think? lol I wish you well when you start.

I can't use aloe. My rads oncologist told me no. They are all different. Do what yours says to do always. I have heard of the bag balm too. lol That is funny. But, whatever works..you know. lol

• lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Hi Lanie! Your rads
    Hi Lanie! Your rads oncologist sounds cool and blue eyes! That will make the treatments more bearable, don't you think? lol I wish you well when you start.

I can't use aloe. My rads oncologist told me no. They are all different. Do what yours says to do always. I have heard of the bag balm too. lol That is funny. But, whatever works..you know. lol

I wonder why? Several of the
    I wonder why? Several of the gals used Aloe from what their Radio-oncologist said to use. I asked about Biafine, he said it isn't that good and it's expensive. He said if I had a problem , he would give me a prescription, he said looking at me I shouldn't burn too bad, no more than a light sunburn

Bag balm like I said is put on cows teets.
  • Ritzy
    Options
    lanie940 said:

I wonder why? Several of the
    I wonder why? Several of the gals used Aloe from what their Radio-oncologist said to use. I asked about Biafine, he said it isn't that good and it's expensive. He said if I had a problem , he would give me a prescription, he said looking at me I shouldn't burn too bad, no more than a light sunburn

Bag balm like I said is put on cows teets.

I am only to use Biafine and
    I am only to use Biafine and Aquaphor, which have worked great on me. I am only a little pink and the Biafine is for that. It doesn't even hurt except for my nipple, and, it isn't that bad. My insurance pays for Biafine, so, I don't know how much it actually costs. But, it works for me. And, the Aquaphor keeps my skin moist and soft, which is what you want when you burn a little.

Different rad oncologists suggest different prescriptions. Use what yours says to use. He is the one treating you, not mine or anyone else's. I am sure that they all vary in treatments and that is ok.

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

I am only to use Biafine and
    I am only to use Biafine and Aquaphor, which have worked great on me. I am only a little pink and the Biafine is for that. It doesn't even hurt except for my nipple, and, it isn't that bad. My insurance pays for Biafine, so, I don't know how much it actually costs. But, it works for me. And, the Aquaphor keeps my skin moist and soft, which is what you want when you burn a little.

Different rad oncologists suggest different prescriptions. Use what yours says to use. He is the one treating you, not mine or anyone else's. I am sure that they all vary in treatments and that is ok.

Nice to see you posting Sue.
    Nice to see you posting Sue. I was wondering. I was afraid that your bronchitis got worse. You are almost done now! 5 boosters and then party!

My radiation oncologist only had me use Biafine and Aquaphor too and I never burnt. And, my skin looks and feels like a baby's skin. But, they all prescibe what they feel is best.

Welcome back Sue. Glad your sister is there to celebrate with you!

Kylez ♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Nice to see you posting Sue.
    Nice to see you posting Sue. I was wondering. I was afraid that your bronchitis got worse. You are almost done now! 5 boosters and then party!

My radiation oncologist only had me use Biafine and Aquaphor too and I never burnt. And, my skin looks and feels like a baby's skin. But, they all prescibe what they feel is best.

Welcome back Sue. Glad your sister is there to celebrate with you!

Kylez ♥

So your sister is there.
    So your sister is there. That is cool that she flew in to be with you to celebrate. And, only 5 boosters to go. You will get that done and won't that be nice to be finished! Your posts have helped so many here Sue.

Still get lots of rest, even if your sister is there.

HUGS
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

So your sister is there.
    So your sister is there. That is cool that she flew in to be with you to celebrate. And, only 5 boosters to go. You will get that done and won't that be nice to be finished! Your posts have helped so many here Sue.

Still get lots of rest, even if your sister is there.

HUGS

Close to the end now
    I remember my boosters. They were faster, but, they took more energy from me. Be sure and get plenty of rest still Sue. I know it is hard with company there, but, your body needs it.

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Close to the end now
    I remember my boosters. They were faster, but, they took more energy from me. Be sure and get plenty of rest still Sue. I know it is hard with company there, but, your body needs it.

Love, Jeanne ♥

Almost done
    You will be done next week Sue with rads, and, that is a cause for celebration. That is so nice that your sister flew in to help to celebrate with you. Enjoy your time with her.

We will all be celebrating with you next week when you finish!

♥ Noel
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

Almost done
    You will be done next week Sue with rads, and, that is a cause for celebration. That is so nice that your sister flew in to help to celebrate with you. Enjoy your time with her.

We will all be celebrating with you next week when you finish!

♥ Noel

WOOHOO
    You are doing the boosters now! The end is almost here for you!

That is so wonderful about your sister being there for you!

Hugs, Diane ♥