blood pressure

Options
iluvmms
iluvmms Member Posts: 134 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
At what point do you need to call the doc about blood pressure? I had a headache last night so I check my BP and it was 189/109. I am on avastin but I do not want them to have to stop something that will help me?? Not sure what to do???
Christy

Comments

  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Christy
    DO IT NOW, CALL THE DR RIGHT AWAY,, WHAT IS YOUR BP NOW ? i AM WORRIED THATS VERY HIGH. GET A HOLD OF SOMEONE .

    MICHELLE
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • patsy1954
    patsy1954 Member Posts: 85
    Options
    As a nurse I have to say
    As a nurse I have to say take it again and if still high call him. It is a side effect of the Avastin and they can help keep it under control.

    Pat
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    patsy1954 said:

    As a nurse I have to say
    As a nurse I have to say take it again and if still high call him. It is a side effect of the Avastin and they can help keep it under control.

    Pat

    call them
    I know that we are concerned about them taking us off certain drugs HOWEVER increased bp is a side effect of Avastin and they need to be made aware. As Pat said they can usually help keep it under control and keep monitoring it. Please call them.

    Smiles
    Dawn
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    dmdwins said:

    call them
    I know that we are concerned about them taking us off certain drugs HOWEVER increased bp is a side effect of Avastin and they need to be made aware. As Pat said they can usually help keep it under control and keep monitoring it. Please call them.

    Smiles
    Dawn

    High BP...
    ... can also be due to any pain you are in, or nerves, are you feeling alright? If it stays high like that for awhile, I would also call my doctor.
  • cbcardb12
    cbcardb12 Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Shayenne said:

    High BP...
    ... can also be due to any pain you are in, or nerves, are you feeling alright? If it stays high like that for awhile, I would also call my doctor.

    Get on Medication...
    My husband had high blood pressure before he started on Avastin, but it had been under control for several years. After the Avastin, it became extremely high, as was expected, so he was prescribed a higher dose, and it has worked wonders. Please check it again, and call a dr as soon as possible.

    Carolyn
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Call!
    I'm not on chemo, but I am under treatment for high blood pressure. I am sure that my doctor would want me to call if my blood pressure ever went that high. Please get this checked!

    *hugs*
    Gail
  • iluvmms
    iluvmms Member Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

    Call!
    I'm not on chemo, but I am under treatment for high blood pressure. I am sure that my doctor would want me to call if my blood pressure ever went that high. Please get this checked!

    *hugs*
    Gail

    blood pressure
    I went to doc yesterday, and he put me on bp meds. It is still high, but i guess meds take time. He did still give me avastin and they had done a tumor marker test and it was a zero, so it thought that was good news.
  • patsy1954
    patsy1954 Member Posts: 85
    Options
    iluvmms said:

    blood pressure
    I went to doc yesterday, and he put me on bp meds. It is still high, but i guess meds take time. He did still give me avastin and they had done a tumor marker test and it was a zero, so it thought that was good news.

    Great news on the zero
    Great news on the zero cancer marker! Your BP should start to come down once on meds for a few days. The key is not to worry about it, let the meds do their job and try to relax as much as possible. Anxiety will also cause it to climb up.

    Pat