Another Whew!!!!!! No recurrence in bone

Options
creampuff91344
creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today I saw an orthopedic surgeon regarding pain I have been having in my bicep in the left arm (the same side as my bc). This has been going on for several weeks, and my old onc had done an xray, and then an MRI, and couldn't determine if there was a problem with the bone, or with the muscle. Anyway, the Ortho looked at the MRI, took additional xrays, and says I have a bone spur in the opper shoulder joint that is pressing on the rotator cuff, causing inflamation, and radiating down my arm to the bicep. He gave me a cortisone shot, recommended theraphy, and sent me on my way. No tumor or lesions, so that is great news. Cross your fingers that the cortisone/theraphy works, because if it doesn't then rotator cuff surgery is in order. Guess I can't complain, as I am just so glad it isn't cancer related. Just wanted to share. (Exhale!!) Hugs,

Judy

Comments

• Fran1947
    Fran1947 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Good news!
    Hi Judy,

Hallelujah - it's not cancer! Here's hoping the cortisone works great and you won't need any more surgery.

Hugs,

Fran
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Whewwwwwww!
    So happy that a bone spur (don't get me wrong, that is quite bad enough) is all you wound up with!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    NED is looking for you......
    WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO!

It is such a good thing that our NED never seems to get tired feet!!!

It is so incredible that rotator cuff/bone spurs/related pain and maybe even surgery is now GOOD news, but it sure is! Who'd a thunk it????? :-)

Thanks for sharing the good news, Judy!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    Options
    So Happy for you
    So happy it's not cancer related, whew, hopefully the cortizone shot and thereapy will do the trick for you.

sgamtd
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi Judy
    Wow...Id take rotator cuff surgery ANYDAY rather than any kind of recurrence. I am so relieved for you. Cortisone shots usually do help but I am not sure it will be a permanent fix...but at least its not any bone mets.

Sleep well

LInda T
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Breathing Easier
    Judy, I am so glad to hear that your pain is not due to a recurrence. I will be mindful of this in my prayers tonight.

I'll also keep my fingers crossed that the cortisone and therapy takes care of the pain. Please keep us updated, ok?

p.s. Hope you enjoyed your time with those grandsons of yours--the new pilot and the new baby!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I hope you don't need
    I hope you don't need surgery and the cortisone works. We don't need no stinking bone cancer. Yea for NED!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    I wonder how many of us have
    I wonder how many of us have shoulder/arm pain on our cancer side? I know I do...I am so glad that you have a diagnosis and that it is not cancer. No tumors! no lesions! I am so happy for you and will pray that the cortisone shot works. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

I wonder how many of us have
    I wonder how many of us have shoulder/arm pain on our cancer side? I know I do...I am so glad that you have a diagnosis and that it is not cancer. No tumors! no lesions! I am so happy for you and will pray that the cortisone shot works. xoxoxoxo Lynn

Arm/Shoulder Pain on Treated Side
    Lynn, like you and Judy I have arm and shoulder pain. My PT told me my shoulder is trying to "freeze up." The condition is due to surgery and radiation. I'm doing exercises at home, which is helping.

Judy, wishing you complete success with the cortisone shots and PT. And what Marcia said about "stinkin" surgery!
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    great news Judy
    and....so sorry about those bone spurs. But, yeah! on the NED thing., and yes, we will hope all else works and there will be no need for further surgery.
    Let us know how it goes!
    cat
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    HALLELUJAH!!!!
    Judy I am so very thrilled to read this thread, such fantastic news! Yes bone spurs are not any fun but it is so much better than the other. I will most certainly be praying the cortisone shots and therapy work. I had planters flacitis so badly a few years back that I hopped around the house, then I was given cortisone shots and they truly helped! Wishing you all the best and then some!!

Hugs,

RE
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    RE said:

HALLELUJAH!!!!
    Judy I am so very thrilled to read this thread, such fantastic news! Yes bone spurs are not any fun but it is so much better than the other. I will most certainly be praying the cortisone shots and therapy work. I had planters flacitis so badly a few years back that I hopped around the house, then I was given cortisone shots and they truly helped! Wishing you all the best and then some!!

Hugs,

RE

Good news!
    Congrats Judy! I hope your treatment works for you!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    RE said:

HALLELUJAH!!!!

Hugs,

RE

Judy ♥

☺I am so happy to read this good news!☻
    ☻ And, I hope the shots and therapy work!☺

♪Celebrate, Celebrate, Dance To The Music♫ Love, Jeanne ♥
  • creampuff91344
    Options
    susie09 said:

Good news!
    Congrats Judy! I hope your treatment works for you!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Thank you all for your kind
    Thank you all for your kind replies. This was truly good news, especially since I am leaving in the morning to see my great-grandson for the first time. Of course, the pictures I have seen are adorable,and I will share them with you when I get back. Moopy, thank you for remembering about my grandson who visited this past weekend. He is scheduled October 5th to meet with the FAA and take his oral and flying final, which will give him his license. Keep him in your thoughts. This kid has had a rough go since his Mother died, and he has pulled himself up by his boot straps and made something of himself.

If you will excuse me now, I have a dance with NED that just won't wait. Again thank you for your prayers, and thoughts, and I will let you know in about six weeks how things go with this most recent scare, and if surgery is in my future for the rotator cuff. It is such fun to have such good friends to reach out and give you a pat on the back. I will be there to do the same for all of you. Hugs. Judy
  • creampuff91344
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Judy ♥

☺I am so happy to read this good news!☻
    ☻ And, I hope the shots and therapy work!☺

♪Celebrate, Celebrate, Dance To The Music♫ Love, Jeanne ♥
    Thanks Jeanne....you always
    Thanks Jeanne....you always are so good to celebrate with all of us when good news comes. I'm off to get a good nights sleep so I can hit the road early. Be back on Friday, girls...all take care. By the way, my old oncologist was notified that there was no "bone cancer" as he so amptly put it when he rushed out of his office to order an xray. I am so glad I have changed oncs, and can't wait to see my new one in November. Hugs,

Judy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Am exhaling, too - for you, Judy!
    Also hoping you'll be able to avoid surgery, that the current treatment works.

Most importantly, really glad Mr. NED remains your constant companion - as I sincerely hope he will always be!

Kind regards, Susan
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Judy,
    glad that it wasn't cancer,but yes,I hope too that the shot works! My husband has the same problem and had some physical therapy for it and was told to do exercises at home with this big rubber strap-I think he is feeling much better! He was faced with the possibility of the cortisone shot but wasn't big on it,and if that didn't work,the next stop was surgery like you said!
    I hope that you are feeling better soon!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Judy,
    glad that it wasn't cancer,but yes,I hope too that the shot works! My husband has the same problem and had some physical therapy for it and was told to do exercises at home with this big rubber strap-I think he is feeling much better! He was faced with the possibility of the cortisone shot but wasn't big on it,and if that didn't work,the next stop was surgery like you said!
    I hope that you are feeling better soon!

I just want to say Congrats
    I just want to say Congrats too Judy! I hope that you feel better and with no pain real soon!

Angie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Angie2U said:

I just want to say Congrats
    I just want to say Congrats too Judy! I hope that you feel better and with no pain real soon!

Angie

Very good news Judy!
    HUGS!

Very good news Judy!

HUGS!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Fran1947 said:

Good news!
    Hi Judy,

Hallelujah - it's not cancer! Here's hoping the cortisone works great and you won't need any more surgery.

Hugs,

Fran

I am so very happy for this
    I am so very happy for this news Judy!!!!!!

Lex♥