Options
2»

Comments

• HillBillyNana
    HillBillyNana Member Posts: 107
    Options
    lolad said:

Thank you
    Everyone. I found zach someone to talk to through family cancer care. They will go out to his school once a week for him. I also found a family support group for all of us to go to. That starts in about a month. Zach starts this week with his. Its so hard on everyone. I hope the counceling for him will help, im sure it will. I think its cool that they are going to his school too. Thanks again everyone.

laura

Hooray for you!
    Dear Laura, I have goose bumps thinking of you and your kids having this cancer to fight. I just wanted to say sometimes kids are worried and cannot find the words to say what they are really feeling. Has Zach been with you to doctor visits? I really think that helped my grandkids - to be there for chemo treatments and hear all the conversation between me and the nurses and the doctors. One thing I do regret is that my 4 year old grandson probably did not get the info that he needed. He was with me at the treatmeent center but I think we could have done more to communicate with him. How old is your Zach? Just love that boy and keep him in the loop. Let me know how things are goign for you and for him. Single moms have a tough time. Hang in there.
    Inez
  • journeyon
    journeyon Member Posts: 16
    Options
    You're in my prayers
    Laura, I will pray for Zach and for you. May God bless you and your family as you all go through this.

Don't apologize for anything. I completed my chemo April 28 and radiation June 30 (I have a 19-year-old son). We all understand where you are.

There are lots of success stories out there on the internet - some who were diagnosed with 4th stage bc ten or more years ago (that's where I went to find some comfort).

I'll be thinking of Zach, you and your family - take care.