Options
13»

Comments

• Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    Megan M said:

This is the part two to the
    This is the part two to the other post. It took me forever to find it, but, it has a lot of info too.

Megan

Glad to find this, part 2. I
    Glad to find this, part 2. I will need all this after I have my masectomy soon. Thanks again for sharing.
  • peacefulheart
    peacefulheart Member Posts: 34
    Options
    jnl said:

A few tips
    I don't know that you can really prepare for rads Angie. But, getting lots of rest prior to the treatments are good as they will take a lot of energy out of you. Also, start using the creams that your rads oncologist gives you prior to the starting of rads, if he says to. Stop taking your vitamins, if he says so too. See your dentist before as mine didn't want me to go to one while I was doing rads too. If I think of more, I will post it here for you.

Leeza

Vitamins During Rads

I am curious as to why you were told not to take vitamins during radiation. I am taking Femara during my rads and my oncologist told me to take a multi vitamin and extra calcium tabs. Interesting.

Cathy
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Vitamins During Rads

I am curious as to why you were told not to take vitamins during radiation. I am taking Femara during my rads and my oncologist told me to take a multi vitamin and extra calcium tabs. Interesting.

Cathy

My rads oncologist told me
    My rads oncologist told me to not take any vitamins during my radiation treatments. The reasoning behind it is you don't want your good or any stray cancer cells to get nourishment and get stronger. You want them weak, especially any stray cancer cells that might be left. I hope that explains it. But, this was just for me. Others need to do what their oncologist's or rads oncologist say.

Megan
  • Sodonewiththis
    Options
    Simulation & photo shoot

Hi all,I'm pretty terrified ! I had my lumpectomy on 9/2/15,did simulation for Rads on 9/14/15 to start on 9/28. I get the little jail house tatts,but I don't understand the digital photos. It was bad enough laying there all exposed, with him taking pictures on each side of me-but hanging over me to snap that photo! It's really too much! Now my face is visible while laying there with my breast exposed is that photo! It truly made me feel so violated. Am I the only one that felt this way?I hope I am not offending anyone Case you can't tell ,no clue what I am doing. Thanks for letting me get that out.

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options

Simulation & photo shoot

Hi all,I'm pretty terrified ! I had my lumpectomy on 9/2/15,did simulation for Rads on 9/14/15 to start on 9/28. I get the little jail house tatts,but I don't understand the digital photos. It was bad enough laying there all exposed, with him taking pictures on each side of me-but hanging over me to snap that photo! It's really too much! Now my face is visible while laying there with my breast exposed is that photo! It truly made me feel so violated. Am I the only one that felt this way?I hope I am not offending anyone Case you can't tell ,no clue what I am doing. Thanks for letting me get that out.

new thread

You responded to a thread that's 5 years old, you might get better response if you start your own.

I had rads too, and remember feeling very exposed on that table. Didn't have the digital photos, and I think it helped that 2 gals were working with me.

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options

Simulation & photo shoot

Hi Sodone....

Sure you see by now that this thread is 5 years old....but thought I would let you know that you were certainly not the only person who felt terribly violated during that procedure.  I remember I was told I could not leave my wig on (had to do chemo first then the radiation) and anyway I felt bad enough and cold too without the wig....but then to lay there on that cold table and have 3 or 4 nurses and a doctor or two running all around me and drawing pictures on me and talking to each other as if I were not there....I felt SO EXPOSED...AND I will have to say that was one of the worst experiences of the whole thing for me....it was like I was not a Human Being ......but simply a "Thing".  I lay there while they worked and tears rolled down my cheeks and they did not even notice ..... it was very dehumanizing for sure .... THANK GOD FOR THEIR GOOD WORK HOWEVER BECAUSE THAT WAS THIRTEEN YEARS AGO AND I AM STILL HERE.   Big Smile...   Hang in There...take it as it comes...we all send you encouragement and hugs and prayers for Strength & Courage.    Glo

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    GlowMore said:

Hi Sodone....

Sure you see by now that this thread is 5 years old....but thought I would let you know that you were certainly not the only person who felt terribly violated during that procedure.  I remember I was told I could not leave my wig on (had to do chemo first then the radiation) and anyway I felt bad enough and cold too without the wig....but then to lay there on that cold table and have 3 or 4 nurses and a doctor or two running all around me and drawing pictures on me and talking to each other as if I were not there....I felt SO EXPOSED...AND I will have to say that was one of the worst experiences of the whole thing for me....it was like I was not a Human Being ......but simply a "Thing".  I lay there while they worked and tears rolled down my cheeks and they did not even notice ..... it was very dehumanizing for sure .... THANK GOD FOR THEIR GOOD WORK HOWEVER BECAUSE THAT WAS THIRTEEN YEARS AGO AND I AM STILL HERE.   Big Smile...   Hang in There...take it as it comes...we all send you encouragement and hugs and prayers for Strength & Courage.    Glo

OH & also

a big HUG  :)

• Sodonewiththis
    Options
    jnl said:

I just wanted to add that at
    I just wanted to add that at the simulation, I was given creams to start using prior to the rad treatments. So, be sure and ask for them. I think that helped my skin from burning somewhat as I started way early and really put it on thick.

Leeza

I had read about using creams

I had read about using creams prior to starting Rads ,so I asked them about that. He looked me in eye and said no you shouldn't start using any creams yet. I even made sure that he knew I didn't mean like to use it right before my treatment, but thought I was supposed to kinda get skin all well moisturized & good before started my Rads. A little worried now! What cream/lotion should I use ?

• Nightmareshope
    Options
    GlowMore said:

Hi Sodone....

Getting rad treatment n hormones

Just wanted to say I read all the stuff from five years ago to. I 

Am having a re-excision for DCIS after invasive cancer and a lumpectomy. I was going to have a mastectomy but my brother who is a doctor talked me into radiation and hormone therapy. Learned a lot from reading all these posts. Don't like the photo shoot sounds degrading. Hope it doesn't comer to that for me.Cool

• Sodonewiththis
    Options

new thread

You responded to a thread that's 5 years old, you might get better response if you start your own.

I had rads too, and remember feeling very exposed on that table. Didn't have the digital photos, and I think it helped that 2 gals were working with me.

Thanks,afterwards that's when

Thanks,afterwards that's when I saw the 09! Lol

• Sodonewiththis
    Options
    GlowMore said:

Hi Sodone....

Thank you for your kind

Thank you for your kind words. 

Patty