Bad day. Too bitter

Options
nadca
nadca Member Posts: 14
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Sorry all. Found out July I had idc. Had mas Sept 3. Not getting answers. For god sakes cant even get dr's note. Bone scan, chest xrays and right boob are clear. So went for masectomy few hours later was puffy to my collar bone nurses drained 650 ml. Rushed for second surgery. Needed blood trans. Not getting answers...... Results were suppose to be in. How do you know if you don't need chemo. I am so scared. Husband is awesome but feel bad. Sorry all my head is really screwed up right now. Only 36. Plasic surg I asked for aug in other boob he got mad said he was only there to get me normal. I will pay for the other damn boob. SOrry again..

Comments

• nadca
    nadca Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Oh and we just started
    Oh and we just started trying for baby just before this. $5700 for ivf. and only 20% chance it will work.... one shot then have to pay again then pay for storage and stuff. Why does this happen to good people.
  • zahalene
    zahalene Member Posts: 670
    Options
    nadca said:

Oh and we just started
    Oh and we just started trying for baby just before this. $5700 for ivf. and only 20% chance it will work.... one shot then have to pay again then pay for storage and stuff. Why does this happen to good people.

I am sorry, nadca...
    I just don't know why these things happen to good people.
    I was first diagnosed at age 38 so I kinda have a reference point as to where you are coming from.
    The thing I wanted to tell you is that I am 61 now. And in a good place, even though things did not come about in the way I had planned or expected at all.
    I just know that there is always hope and a reason to do what we must do so that we can do what we want to do.
    God bless.
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    nadca said:

Oh and we just started

Nadca, so sorry this is
    Nadca, so sorry this is happening to you, esp. at your young age. I know you are asking, "Why me?" Though I am older than you, I was practically the poster child for healthy living before bc, and I still got it. My thoughts & prayers are with you.
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    zahalene said:

I am sorry, nadca...
    I just don't know why these things happen to good people.
    I was first diagnosed at age 38 so I kinda have a reference point as to where you are coming from.
    The thing I wanted to tell you is that I am 61 now. And in a good place, even though things did not come about in the way I had planned or expected at all.
    I just know that there is always hope and a reason to do what we must do so that we can do what we want to do.
    God bless.

so sorry
    I know how that fear can be so mind crippling.... I was DX on May 8th, had surgery July 29, and I'm still waiting to see if I'm going to need chemo. They are doing the Oncotype test on my tumor. That is what will determine it for me.. In the meantime I'm living my life and praying alot!!! I have good days and bad days. But each day is a gift and I do what I can to find little blessings along the way...
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    I am sorry that you are
    I am sorry that you are going through so much. I was diagnosed last July, and after a year of treatment, I am doing well. I would suggest getting another plastic surgeon. Your insurance must pay for your other boob to make it symetrical, your surgeon is being insensitive.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    I am sorry that you are
    I am sorry that you are going through so much. I was diagnosed last July, and after a year of treatment, I am doing well. I would suggest getting another plastic surgeon. Your insurance must pay for your other boob to make it symetrical, your surgeon is being insensitive.
  • xskeetshooter
    xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
    Options
    waiting it the worse
    i had surgery july 17 started chemo middle of sept.evrything takes time alot of people in the same boat that are ahead of us, good luck and take day by day.waiting is the worse,,good luck
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    Options
    first breath....
    I too am 36 with IDC.. stage 2b. its a very scary time and your head just spins.. Your filled with such anger and resentment that this could be even happening. (hell at least that's how I felt, and heck some times still do)... You have to take a deep breath and try to clear your head.

So did you have a single mastectomy? The insurance will pay for the surgery to make the other breast match the reconstructed one..( ie. if you need lift, reduction, or a implant).

Sounds like you have been through a lot... Have they told you your final staging? I wasn't told I needed chemo till my follow-up after my Feb double mastectomy. Did you have lymph node involvement?

You have every right to be scared, we all are, My advice is to write things down. I carry a small notebook with me everywhere and every time I would think of something I didn't know or some one would ask me a question I couldn't answer I would write it down in the notebook so I wouldn't forget to ask it when I saw the doctor. It has become my best friend.

Don't be sorry for your feelings ... own them, its the only thing to help you heal. I am 7 1/2 months from diagnosis and still healing mentally and physically. This disease will put you on a roller coaster to hell and back. As you read others posting you will find peace that you are not alone.. we are a sisterhood and we all basically feel the same. Its a club you don't wish your worst enemy to have to join, but a powerful bunch of woman if you have to face this disease. No one can understand how you feel except some one who has walked the road or is walking the road with help from the woman who have been through it already.

unfortunatly its a long process... I always felt like some one was putting a puzzle together and at each appt. I had I would be given another piece to that puzzle and it took WEEKS to get a complete picture of what I was going to face.. you have to endure so many test and no one will give you all the answers till they have a complete picture themselves..

Wishing you the best... keep posting so we know how your doing....
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator