A really good movie

Options
2»

Comments

• butterfly343
    butterfly343 Member Posts: 39
    Options
    After reading all the great
    After reading all the great suggestions, I think we'll try renting In Bruges. We recently saw grand torinto, loved it! It was not anything like I thought. Great movie. This was my first clint eastwood movie, mabey i'll check out some other ones. Has anyone seen my sisters keeper? It looks good, but really sad.
    Julie
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options

After reading all the great suggestions, I think we'll try renting In Bruges. We recently saw grand torinto, loved it! It was not anything like I thought. Great movie. This was my first clint eastwood movie, mabey i'll check out some other ones. Has anyone seen my sisters keeper? It looks good, but really sad.
    Julie

Hi Julie
    I saw my sisters Keeper while I was doing radiation in Billings, I saw it with my daughter. It is a very good movie, but your right about it being real sad and very emotional. I cried buckets.
    Hugs, jackie
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

I Want to See
    "Inglorious Basterds!" I think Tarantino is a genius, but I agree that his movies are hard to watch. He was recently interviewed by Terri Gross of Fresh Air on NPR. If you missed it, you can get the podcast.

Last Saturday night we were down in Boise to see Twelfth Night and we got rained out for the second time... And it was the last performance :{ . So my daughters and I went to the nearest Edwards Cinema and took our pick. Both "Inglorious Basterds" AND "Julie and Julia" were showing, but we would have had to wait an hour to see either and, as it was, we didn't get home until 2 in the morning. This was a real disappointment because movie theaters are at minimum a 1 1/2 hour drive away.

I remember seeing "Tess" a loooooong time ago and the outdoor scenes (greenery) still stick in my mind. We have "Powwow Highway" and "Lost Horizons" at home to watch now. My kids haven't ever seen "Lost Horizons," a movie I would cut school to stay home and watch when I was a kid.

I just watched "Cleo from 5-7" which is a '62 French film about a woman who has stomach(?) cancer. I thought it was a good character study.

Something fun to watch are the old Busby Berkeley films. We watched "Gold Diggers of 1933" a couple of weeks ago - even my 14 year-old son liked it. Or maybe he was just being nice.

Lynn

Lynn, it sounds like we like
    Lynn, it sounds like we like the same stuff. I have both "Cleo from 5-7" and "Gold Diggers of 1933" in my Netflix Queue.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Hubby wants to see this one
    I love Tarentino and how he always has a cameo in all his movies. "Inglorious Basterds" is next on our list. My favorite of course was "Pulp Fiction". I just need to stay awake long enough to actually "see" the movie!! LOL Pammy

Pulp Fiction
    I own "Pulp Fiction." When we were talking about whether or not to stay late to see "Inglourious Basterds" my youngest reminded me that I had not allowed her to watch "Pulp Fiction" (or "Shawshank Redemption." She's now almost 17....What do you think.

After rads, it became the family joke..."Mom, are you awake?" Just recently, a year later, I'm starting to make it all the way through without nodding off. : ) Lynn
  • lynn1950
    Options
    mimivac said:

Lynn, it sounds like we like
    Lynn, it sounds like we like the same stuff. I have both "Cleo from 5-7" and "Gold Diggers of 1933" in my Netflix Queue.

Movie lovers
    Mimi, That is downright eerie. What are you reading lately? Lynn
  • lynn1950
    Options

Julie

My Sister's Keeper
    I haven't seen the movie, but I've read the book. It is really sad. Lynn
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Pulp Fiction
    I own "Pulp Fiction." When we were talking about whether or not to stay late to see "Inglourious Basterds" my youngest reminded me that I had not allowed her to watch "Pulp Fiction" (or "Shawshank Redemption." She's now almost 17....What do you think.

After rads, it became the family joke..."Mom, are you awake?" Just recently, a year later, I'm starting to make it all the way through without nodding off. : ) Lynn

Family joke
    Lynn,

We have the same family joke at my house. I have not gone through rads or chemo (yet), but I still end up nodding off about 20 minutes into any movie (even one I'm interested in). For a while we had three or four "started" movies in our Netflix queue that my kids and husband had to wait to finish watching. Lately I've been watching the 20 minute Alfred Hitchcock Presents shows because I can usually stay awake for a whole show - plus I like old black and white mysteries.