Options
2»

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Exercise, CSN
    Judy, Jeanne, and Mimi, reading your posts, I realized that I haven't been exercising. I will start. Thank you Judy, for making this important suggestion. Patty and Pammy, maybe we three can walk away most of this tiredness. (not sure about spinning, Mimi. How does that work? Will have to look it up)

Claudia, I second Mimi: we are very grateful that you stay near. I am grateful for all of you, who, like Claudia and Judy, are there to lend a helping hand, or ear.

Ditto
    Me too!! Pammy
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Ditto
    Me too!! Pammy

HI Moopy hope all is well
    HI Moopy hope all is well with you.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

HI Moopy hope all is well
    HI Moopy hope all is well with you.

Hey
    Glad to see you Moopy! I have seen Joe posting a little bit. Hope all is well with you!
    Kylez ♥
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Hey
    Glad to see you Moopy! I have seen Joe posting a little bit. Hope all is well with you!
    Kylez ♥

MIA?
    Nah, Moopy and Joe would never leave us. They know

how much we need them. How are you doing Moopy after rads?

Kristin ♥
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Kristin N said:

MIA?
    Nah, Moopy and Joe would never leave us. They know

how much we need them. How are you doing Moopy after rads?

Kristin ♥

Hi, Cute Kittens Kylez, Kristin, and Katt
    Nah, we wouldn't leave. You all are just too cute. And Katt knows I love her Husky pup.

I'm going to take our sisters' advice and walk vigorously, starting today. Fall is my favorite time of the year; I don't want to be sitting on the sofa and missing beautiful fall colors and cool temps.

Hope you three are well. Katt, you're almost done with chemo, right? When do we do the happy dance in honor of your completing your last one? Hang in there. You will make it.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Nah, we wouldn't leave. You all are just too cute. And Katt knows I love her Husky pup.

I'm going to take our sisters' advice and walk vigorously, starting today. Fall is my favorite time of the year; I don't want to be sitting on the sofa and missing beautiful fall colors and cool temps.

Hope you three are well. Katt, you're almost done with chemo, right? When do we do the happy dance in honor of your completing your last one? Hang in there. You will make it.

Fall is the perfect time
    I will join you walking sounds perfect. Except on days I work because I am on my feet for over 9 hours...but I also love the fall colors and temps, and so does my dog toots.
    hugs, Jackie
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    rjjj said:

Fall is the perfect time
    I will join you walking sounds perfect. Except on days I work because I am on my feet for over 9 hours...but I also love the fall colors and temps, and so does my dog toots.
    hugs, Jackie

I am a fellow
    Fall lover. Love everything about it!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

Don't worry Patty, it
    Don't worry Patty, it happens to alot of us. Just take it easy and look after yourself.

hugs
    jan

Dear Patty and Moopy...
    The fatigue you're both experiencing is quite common, especially - as Jeanne so wisely points out - following both chemo AND rads. It's a one-two knock-out. A double whammy for not only the body - but, also the mind and spirit.

In addition to resting/napping when needed (instead of resisting/fighting that urge!), a daily walk would be my next recommendation. Doesn't matter how short nor how far. Just getting out there, moving/increasing circulation, taking in the oxygen that can be found only outdoors (vs. indoors) is great for the body. A bit of an oxymoron, I know. You're tired - so take a walk!

I know it can be boring, and frustrating. What you need the most is time...

Take good care, my friends. Be good to yourselves.

Kind regards, Susan
  • corey50
    corey50 Member Posts: 111
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

BEEN THERE
    hi moopy,
    i'm a 4 year survivor and this oct. will be 4 years since i finished radiation. i had chemo first then a 3 week break before 7 weeks of radiation. i have followed your threads and know what you've been thru. i'd like to say first off congratulations on finishing your treatment and give yourself a big pat on the back for all you've been thru.
    by the time i finished rads i was so exhausted i couldn't believe it. i had never known fatigue so bad. it started after the 4th week, i would be cooking supper and would have to sit down. i felt like my legs would give out. i told my rad/onc. and he said that was completely normal and right on schedule. the rads affects our blood counts just like the chemo does and it all has a cumulative effect. your body right now is trying to heal itself from the chemo and radiation. all your energy is going into repairing those cells. these treatments kill alot of healthy cells along with the bad ones. i swear our bodies know what they need. its telling you to rest and let it heal itself. even though we know red meat is bad for us, when i was going thru rads i would crave it, like my body knew i needed the iron.
    as a matter of fact you may want to mention that to your onco. when i finished chemo my blood count showed i was anemic so my onco recommended an iron pill every day while i was going thru rads and i stayed on it for several months after even after my blood counts came back up.
    you WILL feel better as time goes on believe me. but the iron may help and walking of course always makes us feel better especially on a beautiful day. but please take it slow so you won't over do it. give your body what it needs right now which is rest and tender loving care.
    as far as getting our energy level back to normal, in my experience, in some ways i feel better than i did before cancer and in other ways i'll never be the same. i take a nap every day (just like a baby) and i don't drive myself without sleep and food like i used to.
    best wishes to you for good health and healing as you go forward.