Moopy and Aortus

Options
outdoorgirl
outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone heard from the Moopster and Aortus? I know it's been a while since I've been around,and maybe they're on their much needed vacation from all of this. Just wondered...

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Hi Patty ♥
    They just posted Saturday on here Patty. Guess you missed it. So, they are fine and still posting.

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Hi Patty ♥
    They just posted Saturday on here Patty. Guess you missed it. So, they are fine and still posting.

Love, Jeanne ♥

Thanks
    Jeanne. I have been out of the loop for a long time.I know this might sound lame,but I don't have the energy sometimes for this.
  • Jeanne D
    Options

Thanks
    Jeanne. I have been out of the loop for a long time.I know this might sound lame,but I don't have the energy sometimes for this.

You ok?
    Patty, are you doing ok? Is your health alright? And, nothing written on this site is ever lame, so, don't say that. I am not on much, so, I always have a zillion posts to read to try and even see what is going on. I hope your lack of energy is do to the fact that you are just having too much darn fun!

Love, Jeanne ♥

p.s. I love your new pic Patty!
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options

Thanks

Don't worry Patty, it
    Don't worry Patty, it happens to alot of us. Just take it easy and look after yourself.

hugs
    jan
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

You ok?
    Patty, are you doing ok? Is your health alright? And, nothing written on this site is ever lame, so, don't say that. I am not on much, so, I always have a zillion posts to read to try and even see what is going on. I hope your lack of energy is do to the fact that you are just having too much darn fun!

Love, Jeanne ♥

p.s. I love your new pic Patty!

I think
    I'm okay,just don't have much get up and go for the most part. Don't know if it's due to just fatigue,occasional depression,both or what. I don't see my onc again till the end of December and feel a little funny about setting up an appointment with my family doctor for my lack of energy when I don't even know what's causing it!
    Yep,finally got a picture by my name. That was taken before my bc days in Tampa,Florida in between 2 palm trees-we had a lot of fun except for the really bad sunburn my hubby and I both got while we were having such a good time on that beach!!And he put up a couple of pictures of me on my expression page.
    Thanks for asking. How are you doing?
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Patty
    Patty, I'm here. I just read your post on the Tamoxifen thread and was going to respond. You wrote so wisely about handling our fears.

School started back last week, so hubby has been busy. I've just been adjusting to being back home with no treatment. Kinda floored by how tired radiation made me. Didn't expect it to be as bad as chemo.

So you have been especially tired, too? Everyone says it can take months, even years, to return to a pre-treatment energy level, but still....isn't it frustrating? I want do to this, that, and other things, but can't. At least not yet.

I'm glad you will see your regular doctor and discuss the tiredness you're having. I see my onc. on Friday and will ask. If he has any helpful information, I'll pass it on to you.
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Patty
    Patty, I'm here. I just read your post on the Tamoxifen thread and was going to respond. You wrote so wisely about handling our fears.

School started back last week, so hubby has been busy. I've just been adjusting to being back home with no treatment. Kinda floored by how tired radiation made me. Didn't expect it to be as bad as chemo.

So you have been especially tired, too? Everyone says it can take months, even years, to return to a pre-treatment energy level, but still....isn't it frustrating? I want do to this, that, and other things, but can't. At least not yet.

I'm glad you will see your regular doctor and discuss the tiredness you're having. I see my onc. on Friday and will ask. If he has any helpful information, I'll pass it on to you.

Moops
    I know what you're talking about with fatigue from rads. I had trouble with my blood counts for a long time from chemo anyways which really made me tired-they had to stick me once a week through rads and then some past that. Hopefully you won't be like me,as you can see-I'm am still having a time of it bouncing back!
    I figured Joe was busy with school...
  • Jeanne D
    Options

Moops
    I know what you're talking about with fatigue from rads. I had trouble with my blood counts for a long time from chemo anyways which really made me tired-they had to stick me once a week through rads and then some past that. Hopefully you won't be like me,as you can see-I'm am still having a time of it bouncing back!

Patty ♥ And, Hi Moopster ♥
    I am doing great Patty. Thanks for asking. You girls that had chemo with rads had it so much harder than someone like me that just had to deal with rads. You have to remember that and give yourself time to gain back your strength. And, you might want to make an appointment with your GP Patty or see if you can get in earlier to see your oncologist. You might be having some depression and need some meds for that. Hope you get some energy and feel better soon! Let me know how you are doing.

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Patty

Hi Patty and Moopy
    I am with you on how tired radiation has made me too. I read about other people saying what a breeze to go through, how they kept working, felt better within a few weeks afterward. Then I automatically started thinking something is wrong with me and I shouldn't be feeling this bad. But I guess it effects everyone differently. I feel much more at ease knowing that I am not the only one feeling this fatiqued and yes, it can make you that tired. Not that I'm glad anyone else has to go through this, but just knowing I am not alone allows me to accept it more. Pammy
  • Moopy23
    Options

Moops

Website-RRRRRRRr and Bouncing Back
    Patty, hi, again, I had just finished writing you when I got an error message!

I forgot about the blood counts affecting our energy levels. Pammy explained, but it went right out of my chemo-addled brain. I also have been depressed and talked to my PCP. We're going to wait a little while and see if I feel better. I don't want to mess with changing meds and new side effects. I have had plenty of side effects, thank you very much.

So, bouncing? I guess we're not Tigger-like just now, are we, Outdoor Girl? I do appreciate your asking about me/us. As Eeyore would say, thanks for noticing.

p.s. It is good to SEE you and your smiling face. Sand, sea, and palm trees look especially inviting right now. No energy needed for beach lounging and eating seafood. Maybe you and hubby can go back this year? (With plenty of sunBLOCK, of course). Myself, I'm hoping for some kind of fun trip, however short, before 2009 ends. Wretched year--looking forward to ringing in 2010.
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Hi Patty and Moopy
    I am with you on how tired radiation has made me too. I read about other people saying what a breeze to go through, how they kept working, felt better within a few weeks afterward. Then I automatically started thinking something is wrong with me and I shouldn't be feeling this bad. But I guess it effects everyone differently. I feel much more at ease knowing that I am not the only one feeling this fatiqued and yes, it can make you that tired. Not that I'm glad anyone else has to go through this, but just knowing I am not alone allows me to accept it more. Pammy

Hey all.....just wanted to
    Hey all.....just wanted to tell everyone what I was told by the radiologist oncologist. He suggested exercise would help to rebuild my strength, but to start off on a very minimal amount of exercise, both in weight and time. He said that walking 1/4 mile per day to begin with would be a good starting point, and to not walk fast, just walk. Then after a week, extend this to 1/2 mile at a little faster pace. As far as weights are concerned, I carried two cans of soup, one in each hand, and walked with these for about a month. (I'm sure my neighbors thought I had lost my mind.) Then I went to a 5 lb. weight, using them just to walk. Believe me, the energy level began to pick up as my muscle strength increased. It is a slow process, and not something you want to rush. I can now walk 2 miles a day, and sometimes will walk on the treadmill at night before showering and getting ready to go to bed. Just a "pass along" that hopefully will help everyone just off of rads. Also, you may want to ask your doctor what he would suggest. Hope everyone is out jogging before you know it. Hugs,

Judy
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Hi Patty and Moopy

I finished my treatments
    in March of 2008,so I'm further out than you Pammy and Moops. And Pammy,for sure you can't compare yourself to the others on here-everyone is different!I do keep asking people in the medical field how long it should take to bounce back from this and no one can give me a straight answer.
    And Jeanne,thanks. I will keep you all posted. I'm going to see if things get better before I see someone,but will see someone if it doesn't get better soon...
  • outdoorgirl
    Options

Hey all.....just wanted to
    Hey all.....just wanted to tell everyone what I was told by the radiologist oncologist. He suggested exercise would help to rebuild my strength, but to start off on a very minimal amount of exercise, both in weight and time. He said that walking 1/4 mile per day to begin with would be a good starting point, and to not walk fast, just walk. Then after a week, extend this to 1/2 mile at a little faster pace. As far as weights are concerned, I carried two cans of soup, one in each hand, and walked with these for about a month. (I'm sure my neighbors thought I had lost my mind.) Then I went to a 5 lb. weight, using them just to walk. Believe me, the energy level began to pick up as my muscle strength increased. It is a slow process, and not something you want to rush. I can now walk 2 miles a day, and sometimes will walk on the treadmill at night before showering and getting ready to go to bed. Just a "pass along" that hopefully will help everyone just off of rads. Also, you may want to ask your doctor what he would suggest. Hope everyone is out jogging before you know it. Hugs,

Judy

Thanks Judy
    for the tip!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Life After Treatment.....
    Ya know what is soo cool about this place? Well, except for people like me ( psychiatrist fodder no doubt!) so many of us don't exactly abandon this place, but sorta, kinda move on and distance ourselves from CSN after treatment is done. This is not a pejoritive situation or statement; oftentimes I wish I had done just that. It is awesome to not have to be reporting on surgery, or chemo woes, or curves in our road, etc etc. I know they have been checking in, but that Life After Cancer we all want? I somehow picture that that's what those two are experiencing! I hope so anyway!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    chenheart said:

Life After Treatment.....
    Ya know what is soo cool about this place? Well, except for people like me ( psychiatrist fodder no doubt!) so many of us don't exactly abandon this place, but sorta, kinda move on and distance ourselves from CSN after treatment is done. This is not a pejoritive situation or statement; oftentimes I wish I had done just that. It is awesome to not have to be reporting on surgery, or chemo woes, or curves in our road, etc etc. I know they have been checking in, but that Life After Cancer we all want? I somehow picture that that's what those two are experiencing! I hope so anyway!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

So true
    Claudia. Once again you and your wisdom come forth!
  • Moopy23
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Hi Patty and Moopy

Hi, Pammy
    Hi Pammy, I always enjoy seeing your unfairly endearing little kitty. She makes me want to go looking for a cookie to give her.

Maybe there was a breeze on Patty's Tampa beach. None around here. You're right, though--it helps to know you're not the only one feeling absolutely felled by radiation. And, the tiredness is not due to any lack on our part.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options

So true
    Claudia. Once again you and your wisdom come forth!

Thanks, outdoorgirl! And
    Thanks, outdoorgirl! And it's nice to see your picture~ especially one of you being OUTDOORS!:-)

I am not particularly wise; I just have way too much time on my hands, and I end up pondering things! LOL If I could wean myself from CSN more effectively I wouldn't have time for such pronouncements, would I????

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thanks, outdoorgirl! And
    Thanks, outdoorgirl! And it's nice to see your picture~ especially one of you being OUTDOORS!:-)

I am not particularly wise; I just have way too much time on my hands, and I end up pondering things! LOL If I could wean myself from CSN more effectively I wouldn't have time for such pronouncements, would I????

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Good advice Judy ♥
    I have only been out of rads for a couple of months, and, what Judy said is so true and worked for me too. My rads oncologist also suggested making sure that I kept up doing whatever exercising that I did before this second bout of bc to help regain my strength. I have a big 2 story farm house that takes a lot just to keep it up, so that is exercise uno! And, over 3 acres to mow and flower gardens galore, so that is exercise number 2. But, hubby and I also like to walk, and, out here in the country, it really is peaceful. Just grab your hubby's hand and see if you can just walk a block together. Start simple and slow. Glad it worked for you too Judy. Maybe, it will for others also!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Fatigue and such after treatment
    Yes, that pesky fatigue and the pains of "after cancer." I second Judy's suggestion of exercise. Believe it or not, it really does help with the fatigue. I am sluggish and in a bad mood when I skip my spinning session or my personal training at the gym. Plus I feel that I have really let myself down, which just adds to the bad mood. Also, I can say from experience that a FULL 8 hours of sleep does wonders for my energy level, my eating habits, and my mood. And yes, I do think Claudia is right that not posting on CSN may be sign of moving on! I cannot really wean myself away, either, and, Claudia, we are ALL glad you can't!
  • Moopy23
    Options
    mimivac said:

Ugh. Fatigue and such after treatment
    Yes, that pesky fatigue and the pains of "after cancer." I second Judy's suggestion of exercise. Believe it or not, it really does help with the fatigue. I am sluggish and in a bad mood when I skip my spinning session or my personal training at the gym. Plus I feel that I have really let myself down, which just adds to the bad mood. Also, I can say from experience that a FULL 8 hours of sleep does wonders for my energy level, my eating habits, and my mood. And yes, I do think Claudia is right that not posting on CSN may be sign of moving on! I cannot really wean myself away, either, and, Claudia, we are ALL glad you can't!

Exercise, CSN
    Judy, Jeanne, and Mimi, reading your posts, I realized that I haven't been exercising. I will start. Thank you Judy, for making this important suggestion. Patty and Pammy, maybe we three can walk away most of this tiredness. (not sure about spinning, Mimi. How does that work? Will have to look it up)

Claudia, I second Mimi: we are very grateful that you stay near. I am grateful for all of you, who, like Claudia and Judy, are there to lend a helping hand, or ear.