Options
2»

Comments

• pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Thanks!
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome. It means a lot. I have started posting my radiation treatments under Day whatever of Sue's Rads. I thought it might help me and it might help someone else who reads it. Thanks again everyone!

Sue :)

You're helping me
    Sue, thanks for your posts. I also have stage one invasive bc and I meet my oncologist for the first time next week. I've been told that I need to do the radiation treatments and your posts are completely taking away my anxiety!!! I just have a couple more hurdles to jump to make sure I don't need mastectomy/chemo. Once those tests come back okay, then on to radiation. Thanks for your posts!!! :-) Liz PS Any advice for my first onc meeting?
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Thanks!
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome. It means a lot. I have started posting my radiation treatments under Day whatever of Sue's Rads. I thought it might help me and it might help someone else who reads it. Thanks again everyone!

Hi Sue
    Sorry for being soooo late in welcoming you, I'm sure by now you know what a great group we have here. I'm trying to catch up on the boards, so I'm sure I'll get to know more about you soon.

Good luck with your rad's, I see you started a daily post. I'll have my simulation, next Thursday so I'm right behind you :)

God Bless, and thanks for sharing you're journey,

Aurora
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    pitt said:

You're helping me
    Sue, thanks for your posts. I also have stage one invasive bc and I meet my oncologist for the first time next week. I've been told that I need to do the radiation treatments and your posts are completely taking away my anxiety!!! I just have a couple more hurdles to jump to make sure I don't need mastectomy/chemo. Once those tests come back okay, then on to radiation. Thanks for your posts!!! :-) Liz PS Any advice for my first onc meeting?

What I had hoped for :)
    I am so happy if I am helping just one person on here, so, thank you Liz for telling me that I am helping you. I am glad to know that I am taking away your anxiety. Really, it isn't scary, not at all. I think we just get anxious and nervous over something that we don't know about, and, realistically, you won't know about rads until you get there. But, my rads oncologist is soooooooooo nice and he and his team explained everything in detail to me, took me into the room, showed my hubby and I the computers, showed us my file, so, I was familiar in a way. And, they showed us the candy! hehe I think every cancer center has candy in it. I don't really know what to say about questions for your onco Liz. Just take someone with you and even a tape recorder. And, don't let anyone rush you. You make him answer everything that you want. If he gets up, just say..."Hey, I am not done here". Good luck and keep me posted.