Options
2»

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    padee6339 said:

THANKS EVERYONE
    It really does amaze me how mean people can be. Here we are dealing with life and death situations, and a lot of us have people in our lives that don't care one way or the other. I live in a trailer (insert jokes here - lol)and the property manager sends out nasty notes to people to weed, power wash their decks, homes, etc. I can understand that we need to keep our homesites as neat as possible, but this season, I have not been able to get out and weedwack, or garden. The kids that usually do that for me had their own issues this summer and didn't do such a good job for me. Well when I got home yesterday, 2 of my neighbors were out there with all the tools needed and were working their butts off in this heat. I helped them as much as I could, and since one of them knew about my little battle with the witch, we had fun laughing about it. She said she was only doing this for me because I was a whiney, nasty, bigoted, toxic beotch. It was a couple of hours of hard work, fun and lots of laughs. I repaid them by ordering pizza and we had a little party on my deck. She is continuing to work on it while I'm here at work, so I'm stopping and getting her a little present on the way home because she won't let me pay for all her hard work. There are some wonderful people in this world, and she is one of them. She is my ride to and from the hospital all the time and will be my ride for my colonoscopy. She's had a pretty rough life and has a lot of husband issues. Her name is Jacki so please keep her in your prayers. The other one????? I don't particularly care what becomes of her.

Thank you all for your love and support, I don't know what I would do without you all here.
    Love and hugs -
    Pat

You know, it's funny where
    You know, it's funny where the love and kindness come from sometimes. My ex mother in law and sister in law are two of my biggest supporters , even though I dont speak to the ex anymore.
    I have a couple of girlfriends who take turns making sure I'm ok after chemo's, and a loving daughter who lives too far away to help regularly, but checks on me daily.So if I never hear from my niece, or those friends I expected more from....I just try to count my blessings in the true friends I have .Sounds like you have a wonderful friend in Jacki. And you have us!
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

People are what they are.
    People are what they are. You need to surround yourself with positive people at this time. It reduces the stress. Some people won't contact you but maybe they just can't deal with it. Don't hold it against them. I always like to give the benefit of the doubt. Some people don't realize or just doesn't think about it. Life tends to go by quickly. Don't need regrets. Keep the communication lines open and maybe some day they will use them. Meanwhile use the support that is available to you. Hey,you got us!

Pat
    im glad you got the support from your neighbor and helped you with your yard work. I will say a prayer for Jackie. I am so thankful for all the love from all the sisters here too. If it werent for me finding this site, i would definately be looney by now!!LOL take care and hugs to you
    laura
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Errr
    NO you don't and
    YES she is!

What an uncaring old biddy she is. Ignore her, you are obviously of much better stock than her.. Just remember, people with their noses in the air often trip over a loose curbstone, fall in the gutter and wake up to find a dog peeing in their earhole! LOL

Pat. You are right, you have us. And WE all like you! Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxx

ROFLMAO!!!!
    Tasha I loved that ...just perfect!!! and I agree we all like you Pat.
    love, jackie
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    padee6339 said:

THANKS EVERYONE
    It really does amaze me how mean people can be. Here we are dealing with life and death situations, and a lot of us have people in our lives that don't care one way or the other. I live in a trailer (insert jokes here - lol)and the property manager sends out nasty notes to people to weed, power wash their decks, homes, etc. I can understand that we need to keep our homesites as neat as possible, but this season, I have not been able to get out and weedwack, or garden. The kids that usually do that for me had their own issues this summer and didn't do such a good job for me. Well when I got home yesterday, 2 of my neighbors were out there with all the tools needed and were working their butts off in this heat. I helped them as much as I could, and since one of them knew about my little battle with the witch, we had fun laughing about it. She said she was only doing this for me because I was a whiney, nasty, bigoted, toxic beotch. It was a couple of hours of hard work, fun and lots of laughs. I repaid them by ordering pizza and we had a little party on my deck. She is continuing to work on it while I'm here at work, so I'm stopping and getting her a little present on the way home because she won't let me pay for all her hard work. There are some wonderful people in this world, and she is one of them. She is my ride to and from the hospital all the time and will be my ride for my colonoscopy. She's had a pretty rough life and has a lot of husband issues. Her name is Jacki so please keep her in your prayers. The other one????? I don't particularly care what becomes of her.

Thank you all for your love and support, I don't know what I would do without you all here.
    Love and hugs -
    Pat

A+ neighbors
    What great neighbors and kind people Pat. See, there are decent human beings out there. Put your time and smiles with them. Ignore the stupid one that didn't realize what she was losing in you. Smile Pat!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options

I cried...
    when I read about your family's attitude towards your illness. I don't understand families like this. I am so blessed. Everyone had rallied to the cause with phone calls and good wishes and offers to help. Yesterday I received a handwritten note from my daughter's mother in law, expressing get well wishes for me, and telling me how she appreciates being part of our family. [she has a huge family of her own that has welcomed all of us into it!]. So I cried over that. Then I cried again when I read about your neighbor pitching in and doing the yard work for you! Lately, I cry about everything it seems. Pat, this site is a wonderful family of people who seem to always be ready with encouragement and comfort. We are here for each other, it seems like 24/7. I will keep Jackie in my prayers, thanking God that she is there for you. And I will pray for the others, that they will realize the great hurt they cause to others. God Bless you. Gracie.

People and attitudes
    Gracie,

I know what you mean about crying about everything. I've been very emotional the past few weeks in anticipation of my bilateral mastectomy. I don't cry for myself I cry for all the other people who care about me and don't know what to say or do to help me. I cry for my husband who tells me he married me for who I am and not what my body looks like and he only wants me to live so we can be together for many more years. I cry for people I respect who are coming out of the woodwork to be supportive because they think I a caring person with great work ethics. I cry because so many people want to come over to bring food to my family so we can concentrate on making me well and not on cooking or household chores. I cry because I am loved and just didn't realize there were so many angels out there all around me my whole life.

Yesterday when I was getting ready to leave the hospital I was waiting for the day nurse (who started work at 7:00am)to come in an get me ready for discharge from the hospital. It was about 8:30 and I had to pee. I noticed that the pan in the toilet (that they measure your urine for fluid output) was almost full so I hit the nurses button and said I needed my pan emptied. A nurse flew into the room, dumped the contents into the toilet and left without saying anything to me. She didn't chart on the computer how much was in the container (like all the other nurses had) and it made me mad. I thought "If that's all she was going to do I could have done it myself!". My husband and I kept waiting for the day nurse to come in and she didn't show up until after 9:30. She said she was with a problem patient and that's why she hadn't been in to check on me yet. I thought this was a little strange because all of the nurses who worked the night shift were in at least once every hour to check my drains, urine output, BP, fluids, pain level, etc. I asked her when I could be discharged and she said she was going to fill out the paperwork and go over some things with me so I would know what to do when I got home. Off she went while my husband and I sat and waited (and waited) for more than two more hours. He walked out of the room and found her sitting at the nurses station just chatting with another nurse. When he asked about me being discharged she got some paperwork together and then didn't help me with anything or explain what things I needed to know about after I got home. I asked her when I could take a shower (because another nurse had said probably not for a few days, but the discharge nurse would let me know)and this "discharge nurse" said "Oh, why would you want to wait two days to take a shower? You can take one today - just don't get soap in your incisions." She didn't help me put my clothes on when I was trying to move the drains from my gown to my shirt (and I didn't know what I was doing). I ended up moving my arms too much and causing pain from where the drains were in my chest. I was frustrated, in pain and angry. All she did was stand there waiting for us to leave. On the way home I was reading the discharge instructions and it said that I should wait two days after being discharged to take a full shower.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch. I had a great experience (if that's what you can call it) with the care I received for my bilateral mastectomy EXCEPT for the last nurse I dealt with before I left the hospital. I was irritated the whole drive home and my husband was trying to keep me calm because he doesn't want me to get stressed and distrupt my healing.

Pat - communicate with who you want to and if they (or other people) don't like it they aren't good enough for you. Pity them for being stuck up or too shallow to have real feelings or to be understanding of things they don't know. Pray for them to find their way some day and lean on those around you who WILL support you through good and bad. From all the posts I have read of yours you are a very good person - don't let anyone let you feel like you are less than that.

I like that song by Joan Osborne "What if God was one of us" because it makes me take a look at those around me and "see" people who may be overlooked. There are many people who have seen me and they are all around me now.

Take care and find strength in yourself that you are doing the right things.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    lolad said:

Pat
    im glad you got the support from your neighbor and helped you with your yard work. I will say a prayer for Jackie. I am so thankful for all the love from all the sisters here too. If it werent for me finding this site, i would definately be looney by now!!LOL take care and hugs to you
    laura

Pat ☻
    Dumb and ignorant people are such a nuisance. Surround yourself with more people like your neighbors!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Pat ☻
    Dumb and ignorant people are such a nuisance. Surround yourself with more people like your neighbors!

Love, Jeanne ♥

Pat, what great neighbors!
    Pat, what great neighbors! See, there are good people in the world that care about you including us!

♥ Noel
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    What goes around comes
    What goes around comes around! won't she be supprised if she gets dealt the "C" card. People like her aren't worth your time. you just take care of yourself and rely on those who care about YOU!