In the hospital

eric38
eric38 Member Posts: 583
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I am in the stinkin` hospital because of a blood clot in my leg. What a JOY! Oh well, I didn`t have anything to do for the next few days anyway. I plan on harassing the nurses as much as possible. Can`t wait for that yummy hospital food.

Eric ( : . )

Comments

• kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Oh so sorry
    Eric, I am so sorry. I had one and it was a stinking pain in the patootie. Yes, amuse yourself by harassing the nurses. They will probably give you coumadin, which is warfarin which is rat poison! They veeerrrryyyy reluctantly own up to it being the same thing, since they don't want their patients thinking that they are being given rat poison. But throw that out there and watch their faces.... Get better soon!

Kirsten
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Gosh Eric,
    Gosh Eric, Sorry to hear you are in the hospital. Follow your doctor's orders so that you can get out of there ASAP. Take care and know that we are thinking of you and wishing you well!!

(Hugs),
    Lizzy Davis
  • SandyL
    SandyL Member Posts: 218

Gosh Eric,
    Gosh Eric, Sorry to hear you are in the hospital. Follow your doctor's orders so that you can get out of there ASAP. Take care and know that we are thinking of you and wishing you well!!

(Hugs),
    Lizzy Davis

Yikes
    Sorry to hear of your hospitalization, but I am pleased that you are keeping your great sense of humor about it all. Hoping for a quick release from the hospital for you.
    Sandy
  • mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
    Heh Eric, sorry to hear you
    Heh Eric, sorry to hear you are in the hospital. does chemo increase your chances of having a clot? Just curious... Guess you are getting heparin or lovenox, but I am thinking heparin IV... How did you know, alot of leg pain? Feel better...
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Oh, Man :(
    Hey, Eric

I had my computer crash and we put together a patch work solution and am just getting logged in...I wondered why I had not seen you around for a couple of days.

What a drag...sorry you had to go to the hopspital...you'll have to tell me how you found out about this and needed to go.

How long are you going to be in?
    What hospital are you in?
    Can I come by and see you? Let me know if you do, I don't want to impose and I know the hospital is not the first place we would like to say hello, but I wanted to support you if you want some company - would not stay long. You let me know.

Careful with those nurses...I've had a few that are plain right mean :(

PM me if you want me to stop by - I would need to know how to ask for you, what room etc.

-Craig
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Well SHOOT. Eric
    I AM glad you caught it before it caused any problems and just pray you get better really soon.

Demand good food! LOL. The hospital where I had my cc surgery had really tasty food. Of course, I'd not eaten much for over 2 months so maybe.....

Big Hugs and Best Wishes!
    Diane
  • WinneyPooh
    WinneyPooh Member Posts: 318
    Eric, sorry your in the hospital
    Eric,
    MAybe someone can sneak you in real food. Stay away from mystrey turkey, it made me sick last hospital stay, I was there for a day two weeks ago because of port complications and that was long enough,:)

Take care
    Hugs
    Winney
    P.S. ead my post about finding humor, Life on the outside is also Hell on Wheels
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    So sorry
    So sorry Eric! Get better soon. What do they think brought this on?? We are thinking of you. Don't give the nurses to bad of time. I'm sure you make them laugh... Take care Paula
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Hi Eric,no wonder I didn't
    Hi Eric,no wonder I didn't see you on board these couple of days.Sorry to hear about the clot.Anyway just hope you will be out of hospital soon before you harass the nurses too much:)Take care.Please show up if you can,so we will stop worrying about you too much.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Golly Gee Whiz
    You poor thing. I feel so bad for you. How in the heck did you know you had a blood clot. I'm sure hoping that you do well with whatever they give you and please do as they say, but you are allowed to give the nurses the run for the money. I pray that you get very soon. Keep us posted on how you are coming along.

Kim
  • amcp
    amcp Member Posts: 251 Member
    Thoughts and Prayers
    Eric so very sorry to hear that you are in the hospital. Just consider it a stayvacation. You have your own personal room, catered meals, maid service, and constant interruptions for vitals. What more could you want?? Just kidding...hope you are doing good and will soon be out of the hospital and back at home. We will keep you in our thoughts and in our prayers. Try not to give the nurses too much trouble. Remember they have the needles.
    Hugs,
    Anna
  • eric38
    amcp said:

Thoughts and Prayers
    Eric so very sorry to hear that you are in the hospital. Just consider it a stayvacation. You have your own personal room, catered meals, maid service, and constant interruptions for vitals. What more could you want?? Just kidding...hope you are doing good and will soon be out of the hospital and back at home. We will keep you in our thoughts and in our prayers. Try not to give the nurses too much trouble. Remember they have the needles.
    Hugs,
    Anna

Help - Abuse!
    As soon as I got into my room the nurse informed me that she beats her patients. I thought I was going to harass the nurses. It looks like the tables have turned and they have the advantage. I see bad comment cards in their future. Maybe a pulmonary embolism would be a better alternative.

• eric38
    eric38 said:

Help - Abuse!
    As soon as I got into my room the nurse informed me that she beats her patients. I thought I was going to harass the nurses. It looks like the tables have turned and they have the advantage. I see bad comment cards in their future. Maybe a pulmonary embolism would be a better alternative.

Mommy - In answer to your question there are certain chemo drugs that do increase your chance of getting a blood clot. Just having cancer increases your chances. It`s just one of the many joys we have to endure.
    Craig - I found out because I have had some leg pain but it got worse. The chemo had me down and I was going to sleep all day but the pain got me out of bed so I called the Doc who told me to go immediately to the er. I guess he knew what he was talking about. I live in Lewisville but chose to go to Baylor because Lewisville er does not have the best rep and I get my chemo treatments here.

Eric
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Sorry!
    Now, Eric. If you get fat off that hospital food, we're going to have to see the chubby pictures! Seriously, I'm sorry you're there, and I pray you'll be better very soon!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    do they have those fun
    do they have those fun vibrating socks on you?
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Eric, I LOVE your attitude!!!!!
    And, yes, harass those people!!! Actually, when I was in with one of my bowel obstructions, my first nurse was nasty, but the rest...well...I was moved to a private room (I complained about the smell of food that the other 'roomies' got when I could have nada-lol) and they came in and sat with me...watched TV, chatted, whatever...they were great....

Hope your stay is short, my beau has been on 'rat poison' for his heart for years....all you need to remember is that if you cut yourself, you will bleed 'like stink' (his words, not mine!).

Hugs, Kathi
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Shysters!
    Eric, i'm so sorry you have a blood clot! Was this caused by the erbitux? That stuff sounds so terribly nasty! I hope you don't have to endure it for much longer, either way.

I'm just glad they found the clot before any major damage was done, and i hope you're released before you have to eat too much of that hospital cardboard!

Hugs,
    Krista
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Eric
    Eric,
    Sorry you're in the hospital but I am glad that your doc was on it and knew to send you to the ER. I hope you can relax even though it is hard to do in the hospital. I hope you have some good music on your ipod or have a good book.
    Take care.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Patteee said:

do they have those fun
    do they have those fun vibrating socks on you?

The socks!
    I had to comment, Patti! I had almost forgotten about those weird socks! The resection surgery was the first surgery of any kind i'd ever had. No one had warned me about those socks! When i was awakening from my anesthetic stupor, i remember thinking that my cat was at the foot of the bed kneeding my legs. I knew i was in the hospital, but it didn't seem too odd to me that my cat was there on the bed (i have three cats, but i was certain my male, Malachi, was there)! It actually took a long time before i realized it wasn't a cat, but compression socks. I can tell many a strange story about that first experience in the hospital. I'm almost entirely tolerant of verced, and remember all of my procedures where i wasn't completely knocked out, and the immediate awakening of the ones where i was knocked out. I saw the outline of pink elephants above my Mother's head, and many other whacked out things. Don't worry, i don't see them now!

Sorry Eric! I didn't mean to steal your post! But since you are in the hospital, and probably getting some of the best mind altering medications offered, perhaps you'll find my story a little amusing? You do have a wonderful attitude, and i admire that very much!

Get sprung soon!
    Krista
  • donnare
    donnare Member Posts: 266
    Hi Eric
    So sorry to hear you are in the hospital, but glad you're getting that clot taken care of. Hope you have a short stay, everyone treats you like the cool guy you are, and you feel better ASAP!!

Be well,
    Donna