ME TIME

RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I needed a mental pick me up so I am having a "ME" day, dyed my hair, plucked the eye brows,got rid of that unsightly extra facial hair (YUCK!), painted my toe nails now I am off to relax in a bath with lavender salts.....I needed this....sometimes don't we all, just hope husband recongnizes me when he gets home LOL!!!

Hugs,

RE
«1

Comments

  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    You go, girl! Sounds like a
    You go, girl! Sounds like a well deserved day of leisure....we all need these every once in a while. You are celebrating big time! Hugs.

    Judy
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
    Yeah for me time
    RE, what a wonderful idea. I LOVE that. I definitely need some, um, maintenance myself. My face could use a good pair of tweezers and legs could use a nice lady's shick razor. You relax in that wonderful lavendar bath of yours. You will be glowing and refreshed!

    Mimi
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    mimivac said:

    Yeah for me time
    RE, what a wonderful idea. I LOVE that. I definitely need some, um, maintenance myself. My face could use a good pair of tweezers and legs could use a nice lady's shick razor. You relax in that wonderful lavendar bath of yours. You will be glowing and refreshed!

    Mimi

    Wonderful!!
    Oh my gosh I am soooo cracking up over the facial hair stuff... I thought I was the only one with that issue!!! I made my Daughter and my BFF promise me that if I was ever in a coma that they make sure I wasn't grossing everyone out with those stupid unsightly facial hairs!!! LOL...

    Re... maybe your husband is going to love coming home to his Woman being all pampered and relaxed!!!Sounds like it could be a special night wink..wink... hope you have a wonderful enjoyable night...

    HUGZ... Calleen
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Good for you! I am sure that
    Good for you! I am sure that your hubby will recognize you, and happily so! Ahhhhhh~ Me Days should be the law! I'm writing Obama about that~ if that is made part of the Health Reform Bill, no one will put off signing it!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    chenheart said:

    Good for you! I am sure that
    Good for you! I am sure that your hubby will recognize you, and happily so! Ahhhhhh~ Me Days should be the law! I'm writing Obama about that~ if that is made part of the Health Reform Bill, no one will put off signing it!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥

    Yes ME time!
    I love ME time too! Glad you took it for yourself Re!

    ♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    ME TIME
    I am glad you took some time for yourself, painted toes nails always make me feel sexy!! Red, on yeah, now we're talking! hehehe

    Facial hair .. tell me it's not true .. after chemo, right ? Should I invest in a 100X magnifing mirror, and good pair tweezers? What's next ?? Losing your hair (hehehehe).

    I have forgotten to take care of myself (me time) since receiving my bc diagnosis last Friday, 8/14 .. WOW, it's been 1 week since my world been turned upside down.

    Still in my PJ's and it's 2:52 p.m. in CA.

    Vicki
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    chenheart said:

    Good for you! I am sure that
    Good for you! I am sure that your hubby will recognize you, and happily so! Ahhhhhh~ Me Days should be the law! I'm writing Obama about that~ if that is made part of the Health Reform Bill, no one will put off signing it!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥

    ☻Aw me time
    Glad you got some ME time! WE all need that! Or, I do at least, and, hubby agrees since he pays for it. lol Enjoy your day!

    ♠♥ Noel ♠♥
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    VickiSam said:

    ME TIME
    I am glad you took some time for yourself, painted toes nails always make me feel sexy!! Red, on yeah, now we're talking! hehehe

    Facial hair .. tell me it's not true .. after chemo, right ? Should I invest in a 100X magnifing mirror, and good pair tweezers? What's next ?? Losing your hair (hehehehe).

    I have forgotten to take care of myself (me time) since receiving my bc diagnosis last Friday, 8/14 .. WOW, it's been 1 week since my world been turned upside down.

    Still in my PJ's and it's 2:52 p.m. in CA.

    Vicki

    Me Time
    My "Me Time" is first thing in the morning--getting on the computer while wash in the washer and dryer before I get Jake up and I go to work.

    I need a massage and will do that soon--that will really be my "Me Time"

    Margo

    Your husband is going to fall in love with you all over again!!
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Enjoy
    Enjoy your me time, Re. You go girl, I could have used some today as I was in the docs office for 6 hours. Diane:)
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399

    Me Time
    My "Me Time" is first thing in the morning--getting on the computer while wash in the washer and dryer before I get Jake up and I go to work.

    I need a massage and will do that soon--that will really be my "Me Time"

    Margo

    Your husband is going to fall in love with you all over again!!

    GOOD FOR YOU!! HURRAY FOR "ME" TIME!
    We all need it! I never realized how important ME time was until the cancer was diagnosed. Since then, I have become totally self-indulgent. I've had 2 pedicures since July 18th. Before that, I'd had only two in my entire life [I'm 67]. I just want to be pampered now.

    I grab some me time every day..usually at the computer, visiting here with my new friends.

    Facial hair....you "girls" are still young... wait till you get my age and they start coming in like cactus needles! While there's only a couple like that, they are in the most conspicuous places. One pokes straight out of my chin, and if I don't keep it tweezed it waggles up and down when I talk! Maybe no one else even notices, but I know it's there.
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Me time
    Wow doesnt that sound nice...the bath with the lavender salts sounds heavenly

    ENjoy

    LInda T
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    mlmjt1 said:

    Me time
    Wow doesnt that sound nice...the bath with the lavender salts sounds heavenly

    ENjoy

    LInda T

    Glad you got some Me time
    Glad you got some Me time Re. But, what is this about hair on your face? lol
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    HAHAHAHA
    I must have been WAY TOO GRAY cause within a few minutes of his coming home he said "hey someone got younger while I was at work" LOL!!!

    Have a great night ladies,

    RE
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    RE said:

    HAHAHAHA
    I must have been WAY TOO GRAY cause within a few minutes of his coming home he said "hey someone got younger while I was at work" LOL!!!

    Have a great night ladies,

    RE

    You really do look younger in your profile picture
    AW...I know that cutie is your grandbaby. RE, thanks for giving a name to that kind of special time that I feel like I'm stealing when I take it. Your husband sounds so sweet. xoxoxox Lynn
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    lynn1950 said:

    You really do look younger in your profile picture
    AW...I know that cutie is your grandbaby. RE, thanks for giving a name to that kind of special time that I feel like I'm stealing when I take it. Your husband sounds so sweet. xoxoxox Lynn

    Glad you got to enjoy the
    Glad you got to enjoy the day on yourself Re! You deserve it! Seems your hubby thought so too.

    Hugs
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

    Glad you got to enjoy the
    Glad you got to enjoy the day on yourself Re! You deserve it! Seems your hubby thought so too.

    Hugs

    Re, Me time is the best. Enjoy your pampering.
    Stef
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    fauxma said:

    Re, Me time is the best. Enjoy your pampering.
    Stef

    ♥RE + ME TIME
    Happy to read that you got some ME time to pamper yourself! You deserve it and it sounds like you enjoyed it! I love ME time too!

    Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    RE said:

    HAHAHAHA
    I must have been WAY TOO GRAY cause within a few minutes of his coming home he said "hey someone got younger while I was at work" LOL!!!

    Have a great night ladies,

    RE

    Sooooooooo
    how did your evening go RE? Hubby like the "younger" woman? lol

    ♠♥ Noel ♠♥
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    A spa day at home...
    That's what I call it!

    Kind regards, Susan

    P.S.: Am enjoying the new grandbaby pic! :-)
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Glad you're having a ME day.
    Glad you're having a ME day. My physical role model is Mrs. Santa Claus.

    My ME time is writing to this message board. Since I want to look like Mrs. Santa Claus, I don't have to do much except laugh a lot. I'm still waiting for my hair to go gray.