HONORING MY MOM

Options
RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I mentioned this in another thread but decided to give it it's own space. Today is the anniversary of the loss of my Mother, a wonderful woman. If you are interested I wrote a tribute to her which can be found in the expressions gallery or in the blog section on my page her at CSN. By best to all my sister's in pink!

Hugs,

RE

Comments

• rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    I commented on your other post. I am glad you opened it up under a new title, It really is very sweet, and I was touched by it. You look alot like your Mom (you are both beautiful)
    love, jackie
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE
    What a beautiful tribute to your Mom! I miss my Mom also. I sure could use her comforting advice now! God Bless all Moms! Diane
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Your tribute was beautiful!

God Bless You

Aurora
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this with us. May you have peace on this day of remembering.

Mimi
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    is very proud of you for being your own bc warrior. She obviously was a wonderful model for you to follow and is surely smiling right now as she reads your post and watches us read and respond to it.

Mom's are great, aren't they? What would the world be like without all these remarkable moms who have come into our lives?

You're honor to your mom is very special.
    dmc
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Your tribute to your mother
    Re, thank you for sharing memories of your mother. This earth is never the same after a beloved mom leaves it. I can understand your sadness today but join you in honoring a remarkable woman. (One very like her little girl, by the way)
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

is very proud of you for being your own bc warrior. She obviously was a wonderful model for you to follow and is surely smiling right now as she reads your post and watches us read and respond to it.

Mom's are great, aren't they? What would the world be like without all these remarkable moms who have come into our lives?

You're honor to your mom is very special.
    dmc

I Loved your tribute!! Your Mom sounds like a very beautiful soul!!! serving others and giving of herself without complaint... Fighting with all she had just to share with her Loving Family... What strength!!! How Blessed you were to have such a Wonderful Loving Mother!!!

I too lost my Mother during her fight with BC 13 years ago Aug 6th.. I have cried so many times missing her and wishing she was here during my battle... She was a brave warrior like your Mom..

HUGZ... Calleen
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Re, thank you for sharing memories of your mother. This earth is never the same after a beloved mom leaves it. I can understand your sadness today but join you in honoring a remarkable woman. (One very like her little girl, by the way)

My Dear RE ♥
    I posted on your expressions page too. I wanted to thank you for sharing your story of your Mother with us. She was truly a wonderful, strong woman, and, you are just like her. What a legacy she has left in you RE.

I lost my Mother almost 1 month to the day after I was diagnosed with bc for the 2nd time this year. I put mourning her on the back burner, as, I wasn't ready to deal with the sadness and heartbreak. Reading your tribute to your Mom brought tears to my eyes. Not only were they tears shared of what a remarkable woman your Mother was, but, I for a minute, let the memory of my Mother sneak in. So, thank you for that too RE. I needed to shed a few tears for the wonderful, remarkable, loving Mother that I lost too.

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

• RE
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

My Dear RE ♥
    I posted on your expressions page too. I wanted to thank you for sharing your story of your Mother with us. She was truly a wonderful, strong woman, and, you are just like her. What a legacy she has left in you RE.

I lost my Mother almost 1 month to the day after I was diagnosed with bc for the 2nd time this year. I put mourning her on the back burner, as, I wasn't ready to deal with the sadness and heartbreak. Reading your tribute to your Mom brought tears to my eyes. Not only were they tears shared of what a remarkable woman your Mother was, but, I for a minute, let the memory of my Mother sneak in. So, thank you for that too RE. I needed to shed a few tears for the wonderful, remarkable, loving Mother that I lost too.

Love, Jeanne ♥

Tender Hugs Coming Your Way
    Jeanne I am so very sorry for your loss, Mom's are treasures sent from above that even when they are gone from our midst they are never gone from our hearts. I am glad my post was a positive thing for you as that was its intention. I as you I am sure loved my Mom a great deal.

Love,

RE
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Sorry

Sorry
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Thank you, dear RE...
    For sharing these sentiments about your beloved Mother with us.

I am the only person I know - anywhere near my own age - with both parents. I'm supremely grateful, each and every day. Your loving tribute to your Mother reminds me, yet again, to cherish each moment spent with my own Mom and Dad.

Your always giving and kind spirit honors her, RE.

Kind regards, Susan
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    I am sorry for the death of your mother-so nice of you to write a tribute to her.
    I am sorry for the death of all of the mothers of my sisters in pink . I,like Susan,still have all of my parents and am so thankful that I do!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Your mother deserves special
    Your mother deserves special recognition~ and I am honored that you shared her with us. I will go to the Expressions page ( if I remember...I am HORRIBLE about that! Once I leave here, I generally log off! It's a habit)

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • RE
    Options
    A HEARTFELT THANK YOU!
    Wanted to take a moment to thank you all for taking the time to read the tribute I wrote in honor of my Mom. And another big thank you for the kind words you posted and the loving support you displayed with your comments.

Your are the Best,

RE
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    RE said:

A HEARTFELT THANK YOU!
    Wanted to take a moment to thank you all for taking the time to read the tribute I wrote in honor of my Mom. And another big thank you for the kind words you posted and the loving support you displayed with your comments.

Your are the Best,

RE

That was beautiful RE.
    That was beautiful RE. Thanks for letting us share it with you.

Hugs Lex♥
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    RE said:

A HEARTFELT THANK YOU!

Your are the Best,

RE

RE, the tribute to you Mom was wonderful. I know you have heartfelt feelings for her, and know that you are equally well thought of on this board, as well as all around you. Thank you for sharing you feelings. Hugs

Judy
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    chickad52 said:

BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE
    What a beautiful tribute to your Mom! I miss my Mom also. I sure could use her comforting advice now! God Bless all Moms! Diane

What a wonderful way to
    What a wonderful way to honor your Mom! Love it!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    RE said:

Tender Hugs Coming Your Way
    Jeanne I am so very sorry for your loss, Mom's are treasures sent from above that even when they are gone from our midst they are never gone from our hearts. I am glad my post was a positive thing for you as that was its intention. I as you I am sure loved my Mom a great deal.

Love,

RE

Re, this is so touching. Thanks!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • RE
    Options
    WANTED TO SAY THANKS AGAIN
    You all made a difficult day that much easier, your words rang true to me and made my day a good one in allowing me to share my Mommy with you all.

Hugs to each and every one of you!!!!!
    (I hope you can feel them)

RE