Options
2»

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Promise you won't laugh?
    Of course you will laugh. I have been up all night!! It is now 4:00am!! I have been sitting here all night "listening" for this meteor shower, so I can run outside and look. I have absolutely no idea where I got it in my head that I would "hear" it shooting (like fireworks!). Now I have seen nada!! Duh????!!!!
    Go ahead....I can hear you rolling on the floor through cyberspace.
    Pammy

Promise I won't laugh?? I
    Promise I won't laugh?? I can't promise that at all, silly lady! :-)
    I'm surpised you didn't put on your raincoat so that you did't get soaked standing outside during the meteor shower! Or at the very least take your umbrella outside with you!

Thanks for the 4AM giggles~ a great way to start the day!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Promise I won't laugh?? I
    Promise I won't laugh?? I can't promise that at all, silly lady! :-)
    I'm surpised you didn't put on your raincoat so that you did't get soaked standing outside during the meteor shower! Or at the very least take your umbrella outside with you!

Thanks for the 4AM giggles~ a great way to start the day!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Cloudy here
    I made it up at 4 AM to see the shower and it was cloudy and bright. The moonlight was the only thing peeking through the clouds, so this year was a bust. However, I have seen the Persiods years ago when I counted over 10 a minute. It was great!

C. Abbott
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    cabbott said:

Cloudy here
    I made it up at 4 AM to see the shower and it was cloudy and bright. The moonlight was the only thing peeking through the clouds, so this year was a bust. However, I have seen the Persiods years ago when I counted over 10 a minute. It was great!

C. Abbott

Didn't have a clear sky to
    Didn't have a clear sky to see anything. Maybe, next year
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    chenheart said:

LOL after midnight IS August
    LOL after midnight IS August 12th!!!!! hehehehehehe! :-)

Giggles and hugs,
    Claudia

You are right. I forgot that
    You are right. I forgot that after midnight the date changes. I'm usually snoozing then. I went out side at 11:00pm and the sky was beautiful with twinkling stars. I was tired so went to bed thinking I'd get up later. Well later was 7am. I'll check it out tonight tho. They say there should be more tonight.
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    susie09 said:

Didn't have a clear sky to
    Didn't have a clear sky to see anything. Maybe, next year

I was awake at 2AM...
    and didn't see anything. You say that there may be more showers tonight? Ummm...I'll try again. I'm not use to these late hours-a sign of becoming more "mature" I guess.
    dmc
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

I was awake at 2AM...
    and didn't see anything. You say that there may be more showers tonight? Ummm...I'll try again. I'm not use to these late hours-a sign of becoming more "mature" I guess.
    dmc

I will try and see if I can
    I will try and see if I can see them tonight. Are they suppose to be there tonight too?

Leeza
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

LOL after midnight IS August
    LOL after midnight IS August 12th!!!!! hehehehehehe! :-)

Giggles and hugs,
    Claudia

Thanks Chen ROFLMAO!!
    My chemo brain must have been acting up! that is sooo funny.
    jackie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

I'll wake up hubby
    and try to describe the "falling stars" to him...it's not easy explaining such things to someone who is deafblind, but if I can interpret the fireworks I should be able to do this,too. :) I never learned how to interpret the Red Wings hockey games though, except to tell him that they are fighting again. After one game of such interpreting he told me I didn't have to do it again (that was 14 years ago, hee hee).

Setting the alarm for 2AM sounds like a great idea. I'm in a rare romantic mood, so this should be fun.

Thanks for the info.
    dmc

I am going to see if we can
    I am going to see if we can see them tonight. Can't hurt to look!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

I will try and see if I can
    I will try and see if I can see them tonight. Are they suppose to be there tonight too?

Leeza

I think we might still be
    I think we might still be able to see them tonight.
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

I think we might still be
    I think we might still be able to see them tonight.

The news in my area says it still on for tonight!!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Promise you won't laugh?
    Of course you will laugh. I have been up all night!! It is now 4:00am!! I have been sitting here all night "listening" for this meteor shower, so I can run outside and look. I have absolutely no idea where I got it in my head that I would "hear" it shooting (like fireworks!). Now I have seen nada!! Duh????!!!!
    Go ahead....I can hear you rolling on the floor through cyberspace.
    Pammy

We would never (guffaw
    We would never (guffaw guffaw) laugh at you (HA HA) or anything like that (chuckle, chuckle). HA HA Clunk. That is me laughing my head off. Oh, and Claudia love the umbrella for the shower for Pammy. Try again tonight and in case you didn't know they don't make noise. Unless, of course, pieces enter the atomosphere and then collide with your house.
    Just gotta love ya Pammy. You made my day.
    Stef