Options
124»

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Thanks for the supportive
    Thanks for the supportive words. My chemo starts tomorrow and I am feeling a little apprehensive just because of the unknown. Also, my daughter, 23 years old, has insisted that she be the one to go with me. She's a little on the weepy side and I hope she can hold it together. Everytime she sees a lady now with a "bald" head she tears up. I tell her to look at the positive side; that person is still here and fighting this dreaded disease. Her father and my husband died of cancer over 20 years ago and that's where her fear comes from. I explained to her many times it was a different cancer (mesothelioma) and many, many years ago. The medicine available today from everything I've read is wonderful and giving all of us a much better prognosis. Take care.

How did it go MyTurnNow?
    How did it go MyTurnNow? And, welcome to the site.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options

How did it go MyTurnNow?
    How did it go MyTurnNow? And, welcome to the site.

First chemo
    Well, all in all, it wasn't too bad. I didn't have one bit of nausea and almost felt like my old self. Maybe a little tired but that's all. I actually made it to my aerobic class on Saturday morning. I didn't exercise as hard as I normally would but it still felt good to be out in the "real" world. I got my nuelesta shot on Friday and haven't had any problems with it either until this morning. I'm not sure it's the shot but this morning I feel like my legs are kind of rubbery. I am back at work and that's a good feeling too. Now, my next challenge will be getting through the hair loss. My nurse told me I can expect alot of shedding within 14 days. I think that's when I'll go ahead and have it shaved. I am getting prepared with a wig on order and I have purchased a couple of scarves. But, I'm one quarter of the way through the chemo. Yipee! Thanks for the support and I'm looking forward to getting through this with all you wonderful people!!

P.S. My daughter did very well going through the first treatment with me. I think because it wasn't too tough on me it made it much easier for her.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

First chemo
    Well, all in all, it wasn't too bad. I didn't have one bit of nausea and almost felt like my old self. Maybe a little tired but that's all. I actually made it to my aerobic class on Saturday morning. I didn't exercise as hard as I normally would but it still felt good to be out in the "real" world. I got my nuelesta shot on Friday and haven't had any problems with it either until this morning. I'm not sure it's the shot but this morning I feel like my legs are kind of rubbery. I am back at work and that's a good feeling too. Now, my next challenge will be getting through the hair loss. My nurse told me I can expect alot of shedding within 14 days. I think that's when I'll go ahead and have it shaved. I am getting prepared with a wig on order and I have purchased a couple of scarves. But, I'm one quarter of the way through the chemo. Yipee! Thanks for the support and I'm looking forward to getting through this with all you wonderful people!!

P.S. My daughter did very well going through the first treatment with me. I think because it wasn't too tough on me it made it much easier for her.

MyTurnNow, so happy to read
    MyTurnNow, so happy to read that your first chemo went as well as could be expected. And, your daughter's mind was put at ease too. I hope you continue this great! Good luck to you and keep us updated.
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

First chemo

That's wonderful
    To hear you're doing so well, keep us posted

Aurora
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

First chemo

A quarter of the way thru
    A quarter of the way thru chemo, that is great! Hope it goes fast and easily for you!

Leeza