• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

Good luck Elm
    Wishing you good luck this week Elm!

☺♥ Noel ♥☺

Good luck this week Elm!
    Good luck this week Elm! Praying for you!

Leeza
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Good luck Elm
    I'll be thinking about you. Looks like quite a few of us are up late tonight!! Seems like a lot of anxiety going around. You'll be getting your treatment tomorrow and I'll be snoozing in late! I hope this one is easier on you. Maybe you can nap through it? Get to bed and get some rest. you need your strength!! Post when you get a chance and let us know how it went!!
    Pammy

Wishing you good luck
    Wishing you good luck Elm!

♥ Hugs, Kristin ♥
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    HI Elm
    Hope everything goes well for you at chemo today...Curious to see what you think of the Emla cream and if it worked for you.

Remember to drink lots and lots of fluids

Hugs

Linda T
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Hi Elm
    post when you can and let us know how its going! Are you about halfway through now?
    Cat
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

Hi Elm
    post when you can and let us know how its going! Are you about halfway through now?
    Cat

Wishing you good luck
    Wishing you good luck Elm!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    chemo with port
    It was pretty much a breeze! I did not get the Emla cream since I got voice mail when I tried calling Saturday and did not leave a message. I did get the spray and it was very helpful. I forgot to ask for the prescription for the cream :( But I have to go back tomorrow anyway for the shot. I feel pretty stupid for not getting the port sooner but at least I have it for my final treatment and can use it for my blood draws. Something weird, maybe unrelated but my legs felt rubbery and sore when I got up to leave and still do, and that was over 4 hours ago. I think I just need to walk it off or something. Maybe if it cools down enough after the sun goes down. Except that I am really tired! Maybe a short walk.
    Not looking forward to the awful Neulasta. It really kicks my behind.
    Hope everyone has a good week!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    elm3544 said:

chemo with port
    It was pretty much a breeze! I did not get the Emla cream since I got voice mail when I tried calling Saturday and did not leave a message. I did get the spray and it was very helpful. I forgot to ask for the prescription for the cream :( But I have to go back tomorrow anyway for the shot. I feel pretty stupid for not getting the port sooner but at least I have it for my final treatment and can use it for my blood draws. Something weird, maybe unrelated but my legs felt rubbery and sore when I got up to leave and still do, and that was over 4 hours ago. I think I just need to walk it off or something. Maybe if it cools down enough after the sun goes down. Except that I am really tired! Maybe a short walk.

Glad to see you posting. No
    Glad to see you posting. No emla cream? But, whew, you got the spray. You are just tired. Go to bed!

♥ Kylez ♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    mlmjt1 said:

HI Elm
    Hope everything goes well for you at chemo today...Curious to see what you think of the Emla cream and if it worked for you.

Remember to drink lots and lots of fluids

Hugs

Linda T

Good luck Elm!
    Leeza

Good luck Elm!

Leeza
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Kylez said:

Glad to see you posting. No
    Glad to see you posting. No emla cream? But, whew, you got the spray. You are just tired. Go to bed!

♥ Kylez ♥

Elm
    I have never used the cream. I have and will continue to have them use the spray when I go in.

Margo
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

Elm
    I have never used the cream. I have and will continue to have them use the spray when I go in.

Margo

Elm
    Glad you got through the day in good shape and glad the port worked well for you. I still think the person who invented that contraption is a genius! I know I couldn't have gone through the chemo without my port because I would have been passed out on the floor every time they stuck me with a needle.

So ... Monday's treatment is behind you now ... so you are one step closer to being finished with chemo. :-)

hugs.
    teena
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    tgf said:

Elm
    Glad you got through the day in good shape and glad the port worked well for you. I still think the person who invented that contraption is a genius! I know I couldn't have gone through the chemo without my port because I would have been passed out on the floor every time they stuck me with a needle.

So ... Monday's treatment is behind you now ... so you are one step closer to being finished with chemo. :-)

hugs.
    teena

You got the first one
    You got the first one done!

And, you got the port in, that will help you so much!

Good luck Elm.

Hugs, ♥ Lex
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    elm3544 said:

chemo with port

So glad that it was a breeze for you Elm! You have such a postive personality! ☺

♥ Hugs, Kristin ♥
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Buddy
    Thanks for all the info. I'll be doing the same treatments you are about finished with. The only thing I wasn't offered was any anti-nausea medication prior to the treatment. I'll remember that if I have a problem. I had this huge fear that I'd be the first one to wake up the day after the first treatment and lo and behold all my hair had fallen out the night before. I went to a new store that just opened at the beach (I live in Florida)called In The Pink. I bought 4 scarfs just in case. They did tell me my hair would fall out about 2 weeks after the first treatment. From all I've read and your comments as well, it seems that's pretty accurate. That's the one hurdle I am not looking forward to. I am generally a very strong person but cannot imagine my hair coming out in clumps. I'm thinking I'll also buzz mine within the 2 weeks. It's so hot here that I haven't even checked into a wig yet. I'm not sure I'd get a lot of wear out of one. I do work and plan to continue working as my health permits. I'm on my way to pick up the extra strength immodium after work.

P.S. Just out of curosity, what is the cost of the Nuelasta? I'm amazed at what the total costs can be after chemo, radiation and then I'm also taking hormone therapy.

NUELASTA COST.............
    I finally received the bill for my first chemo and Neulasta shot, which was June 15.....Thankfully we have great insurance.......total cost was over $13,000, with the Neulasta shot being $5,888.13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost fainted when I saw the cost! But again, thankfully we have great insurance!

Prayers and Peace be with you!
    N
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Kristin N said:

So glad that it was a breeze for you Elm! You have such a postive personality! ☺

♥ Hugs, Kristin ♥

Glad that the
    new port works well!

My second Happy Hour is tomorrow. Last time my boyfriend and I walked before and after treatments and I thnk that it helped with SEs. Not sure, but we walked 2 miles tonight!

Keep up the positive vibes! Jane
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Looking for a buddy
    I logged on earlier today for the first time and found this message board. I will be starting my chemo this Thursday and would love to find someone I can go through this with. I'll be taking the Taxotere and Cytoxan (sp) with the shot the day after. I'm 55 years old and have no histoy of breast cancer in my family. Nothing like being the first!!

MyTurnNow--glad you found us!
    But, sorry for the reason...

You, and many of us, are the firsts within our families to have bc. Don't really know why that happens, but I guess mine is to not wonder why.

It does help to have someone to go with you, but like I told one of the other gals here, you may very well make a friend there. You won't be the only one there receiving treatment and they are probably feeling the same way you are feeling right now.

A friend drove me to chemo, with the exception of one time, and that was the one time that I noticed that I had a terrible reaction to the pre-med (Benedryl). I was as unstable on my feet as the town drunk and had to pull over in a parking lot for about a half hour before I could be a little safer on the road. Boy, that would have made a great newsflash: "Chemo patient arrested for driving under the influence of Benedryl!"

Hope you find a friend, it always helps to battle this in multiples of more than one. Know that we are with you in spirit.
    dmc
  • DianeBC
    Options
    elm3544 said:

chemo with port

Glad you got the spray this
    Glad you got the spray this time Elm. And, it was a breeze? Glad to hear that. I hope it continues to be that way for you!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Glad you got the spray this
    Glad you got the spray this time Elm. And, it was a breeze? Glad to hear that. I hope it continues to be that way for you!

Hugs, Diane ♥

Sounds like things...
    Are going much better for you this week, elm. Good for you, good to know. Each chemo brings you closer to being done!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

MyTurnNow--glad you found us!
    But, sorry for the reason...

You, and many of us, are the firsts within our families to have bc. Don't really know why that happens, but I guess mine is to not wonder why.

It does help to have someone to go with you, but like I told one of the other gals here, you may very well make a friend there. You won't be the only one there receiving treatment and they are probably feeling the same way you are feeling right now.

A friend drove me to chemo, with the exception of one time, and that was the one time that I noticed that I had a terrible reaction to the pre-med (Benedryl). I was as unstable on my feet as the town drunk and had to pull over in a parking lot for about a half hour before I could be a little safer on the road. Boy, that would have made a great newsflash: "Chemo patient arrested for driving under the influence of Benedryl!"

Hope you find a friend, it always helps to battle this in multiples of more than one. Know that we are with you in spirit.
    dmc

Thanks for the supportive
    Thanks for the supportive words. My chemo starts tomorrow and I am feeling a little apprehensive just because of the unknown. Also, my daughter, 23 years old, has insisted that she be the one to go with me. She's a little on the weepy side and I hope she can hold it together. Everytime she sees a lady now with a "bald" head she tears up. I tell her to look at the positive side; that person is still here and fighting this dreaded disease. Her father and my husband died of cancer over 20 years ago and that's where her fear comes from. I explained to her many times it was a different cancer (mesothelioma) and many, many years ago. The medicine available today from everything I've read is wonderful and giving all of us a much better prognosis. Take care.
  • DianeBC
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Thanks for the supportive
    Thanks for the supportive words. My chemo starts tomorrow and I am feeling a little apprehensive just because of the unknown. Also, my daughter, 23 years old, has insisted that she be the one to go with me. She's a little on the weepy side and I hope she can hold it together. Everytime she sees a lady now with a "bald" head she tears up. I tell her to look at the positive side; that person is still here and fighting this dreaded disease. Her father and my husband died of cancer over 20 years ago and that's where her fear comes from. I explained to her many times it was a different cancer (mesothelioma) and many, many years ago. The medicine available today from everything I've read is wonderful and giving all of us a much better prognosis. Take care.

Good luck tomorrow with
    Good luck tomorrow with chemo MyTurnNow! Post and let us know how you are doing.

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    sick, sick , sick!
    Worst bout with nausea this time. I am taking my compazine and it helps me a little but still can barely even force my water down. This began Monday evening.