Postponed again - oh well...

Options

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Aortus said:

What a novel!
    I got to see Bulgakov's gravesite the first time I was in Moscow. The headstone was formed from a rock which once was part of Nikolai Gogol's grave. Which is pretty appropriate, because Bulgakov was a great admirer of Gogol. As am I: this coming semester I get to make my students read The Nose again. You and your daughter might enjoy it too: at very worst, it's much shorter than Brothers Karamazov or War and Peace.

The hyperthermia machine is used to heat a part of the body (in Moopy's case, the chest wall) to render the radiation more effective. The body part is maintained at a temperature of around 105 degrees for an hour either before or after the radiation treatment. Moopy has had both. Her only real complaint about the procedure has to do with the radiation therapists' interesting musical tastes. She theorized once that no cancer cell could possibly withstand the combination of radiation, hyperthermia, and Barry Manilow.

Ohhh Moopy,
    not a Barry Manilow lover,come on! Oh Mandy....and I can't remember the rest of the song so just be glad for that!!
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Pammy,
    You are the goddess

Pammy,
    You are the goddess of rest. I thought I had this all down but that was awesome. My hat is off to you. Questions that are actually commands. Gentle requests that must be done. Oh, you are good.
    It made me remember when the doctor told me after my hysterectomy not to vacuum. I didn't ask for how long so I don't. It's been 9 years and my hubby is still pushing that vacuum around for him. He is either really wonderful (which he is) or really gullible (which he might be). Either way, it works for me.
    Stef

O Goddesses of Rest and Persuasion (and Hypnotism)
    OK, Ok, I will stop fretting about stuff and follow everyone's excellent advice,er, instructions. (Pammy, have you thought about an instructional video?) I will watch dvds, read, and recline in my lounge and snooze.... And get a supply of ice cream and cookies, and maybe a bottle of local wine in honor of Chen.

I need to catch up on everybody's Expressions pages, after all. I hear there are some great audio clips on a certain page....

Love,
    Moopy

p.s. Thank you, Stef, for the vacuum tip. Will try that on Aortus. If I can keep him from checking your posts.
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

O Goddesses of Rest and Persuasion (and Hypnotism)
    OK, Ok, I will stop fretting about stuff and follow everyone's excellent advice,er, instructions. (Pammy, have you thought about an instructional video?) I will watch dvds, read, and recline in my lounge and snooze.... And get a supply of ice cream and cookies, and maybe a bottle of local wine in honor of Chen.

I need to catch up on everybody's Expressions pages, after all. I hear there are some great audio clips on a certain page....

Love,
    Moopy

p.s. Thank you, Stef, for the vacuum tip. Will try that on Aortus. If I can keep him from checking your posts.

What are
    you fretting your pretty little head about and stop that:)!!Do I have to give you lessons in putting things off?
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options

What are
    you fretting your pretty little head about and stop that:)!!Do I have to give you lessons in putting things off?

Lessons are Tiring
    Help! Patty wants to give me lessons in resting. Lessons in anything is work!

Anyway, O.D. Gee, aren't you supposed to be celebrating that clean mammo?? Maybe you should do that right now....
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Lessons are Tiring
    Help! Patty wants to give me lessons in resting. Lessons in anything is work!

Anyway, O.D. Gee, aren't you supposed to be celebrating that clean mammo?? Maybe you should do that right now....

Mine is
    a sad story tonight. Ready to go out and party,but no one to party with. My friends are busy with other commitments and my husband is showing off his plane(Air Force) in an air show across the state. So I got my Taco Bell today,but I'm here tonight-spending time with my cyber buddies(which isn't such a bad place to be if I want to celebrate dancing with NED).Wish the chat room was ready and I had that Java software downloaded-then we could really talk!Oh well,enough of being an Eeyore !
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    moopy
    with the pups all around, maybe this will do it for you...
    sit
    stay
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

What a novel!
    I got to see Bulgakov's gravesite the first time I was in Moscow. The headstone was formed from a rock which once was part of Nikolai Gogol's grave. Which is pretty appropriate, because Bulgakov was a great admirer of Gogol. As am I: this coming semester I get to make my students read The Nose again. You and your daughter might enjoy it too: at very worst, it's much shorter than Brothers Karamazov or War and Peace.

The hyperthermia machine is used to heat a part of the body (in Moopy's case, the chest wall) to render the radiation more effective. The body part is maintained at a temperature of around 105 degrees for an hour either before or after the radiation treatment. Moopy has had both. Her only real complaint about the procedure has to do with the radiation therapists' interesting musical tastes. She theorized once that no cancer cell could possibly withstand the combination of radiation, hyperthermia, and Barry Manilow.

Sorry that Moopy has to have
    Sorry that Moopy has to have rads until Wednesday, but then, she will be done!

Hope you get some rest Moopy.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options

Ohhh Moopy,
    not a Barry Manilow lover,come on! Oh Mandy....and I can't remember the rest of the song so just be glad for that!!

Barry and Mandy sitting in a tree
    I just want to go on record as saying that Barry Manilow is indeed talented, and is laughing his commercial self all the way to any FDIC insured bank that still has money in it! LOL I am not saying that I would go to his concerts, or have bought any of his albums, and yet,

Not only did he go to Juilliard right out of high school, he was part of Bette Midler's entourage, and commercially ( literally!) it is Barry Manilow who is responsible for the likes of:

And like a good neighbor, State Farm is there
    I am stuck on Bandaid brand, cuz Bandaid's stuck on me
    Also the commercial songs for KFC, Pepsi, Jack In the Box ( make Life a little easier) and most well-known : You deserve a break today, at McDonalds....

Mandy and Copacabana notwithstanding ( and admit it, we all who are of a certain age sing to both of those songs ! LOL)~ Manilow is the Pet Rock of commercials! I can only stand back and admire the kitsch and say, Crap! I cudda written those! Only I didn't~ he did! LOL

There may indeed a good reason why his initials are BM~ but as far as commercial success goes, his S**T don't stink! So there! hahahahaha

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options

Mine is
    a sad story tonight. Ready to go out and party,but no one to party with. My friends are busy with other commitments and my husband is showing off his plane(Air Force) in an air show across the state. So I got my Taco Bell today,but I'm here tonight-spending time with my cyber buddies(which isn't such a bad place to be if I want to celebrate dancing with NED).Wish the chat room was ready and I had that Java software downloaded-then we could really talk!Oh well,enough of being an Eeyore !

What's wrong with Eeyore?
    Eeyore rules. It is no coincidence that the name of our first-born pup, Eefy Josephine, is spelled with two e's.
  • cats_toy
    Options

Mine is

I happen to be partial to Eeyore too
    you should see my collection......

=^..^=
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Eeyore rules. It is no coincidence that the name of our first-born pup, Eefy Josephine, is spelled with two e's.

Patty...
    Aortus and Moopy are FANS of Eeyore.

Piglet's my own favorite. Because... wait for it... wait for it... He's PINK! (And, other reasons I refuse to explain on the board.)

Kind regards, Susan
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Aortus said:

Nothing is wrong with Eeyore
    Nothing is wrong with Eeyore ( tho I am a lover of CLASSIC Tigger)~ what's not to love about Eeyore? I do understand your feeling Eeyore-like though; moping around with no one to celebrate NED with. ( which is very unlike MOOPING around , lest Aotus be worried I am casting aspersions , Perish the thought!)

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Aortus said:

Ooops!
    Sorry Eefy! I didn't mean to insult you!
    Hey,what time is it there in St.Louis?Hey,I like Pooh and his friends too! I am a little partial to Tigger and Little Roo though!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

I happen to be partial to Eeyore too
    you should see my collection......

=^..^=

Yeah, note to Moopy and Joe...
    Cat's love for and her collection of Eeyores would amaze you. Unfair advantage, too. Since she lives really close to Disneyland.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: My Piglet collection is rather small. Why? Wait for it... wait for it... Because he is small!
  • cats_toy
    Options

Patty...

Piglet's my own favorite. Because... wait for it... wait for it... He's PINK! (And, other reasons I refuse to explain on the board.)

Kind regards, Susan

susan
    you are on tonite girl!!!

=^..^=
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

moopy
    sit
    stay

Moopy, hopefully you are
    Moopy, hopefully you are sawing logs now! You get lots of sleep and get your strength back.

You are almost at the end of rads! Thank you Joe for posting.

Kylez
  • Aortus
    Options
    chenheart said:

Barry and Mandy sitting in a tree
    I just want to go on record as saying that Barry Manilow is indeed talented, and is laughing his commercial self all the way to any FDIC insured bank that still has money in it! LOL I am not saying that I would go to his concerts, or have bought any of his albums, and yet,

Not only did he go to Juilliard right out of high school, he was part of Bette Midler's entourage, and commercially ( literally!) it is Barry Manilow who is responsible for the likes of:

And like a good neighbor, State Farm is there
    I am stuck on Bandaid brand, cuz Bandaid's stuck on me
    Also the commercial songs for KFC, Pepsi, Jack In the Box ( make Life a little easier) and most well-known : You deserve a break today, at McDonalds....

Mandy and Copacabana notwithstanding ( and admit it, we all who are of a certain age sing to both of those songs ! LOL)~ Manilow is the Pet Rock of commercials! I can only stand back and admire the kitsch and say, Crap! I cudda written those! Only I didn't~ he did! LOL

There may indeed a good reason why his initials are BM~ but as far as commercial success goes, his S**T don't stink! So there! hahahahaha

Hugs,
    Claudia

Naples Railway Station, 7/11/1986
    I remember it well. My 25th birthday, and we had a long weekend off from our studies at the American Academy at Rome. Six of us hopped the train down to Sorrento, from there to hit Pompeii and Herculaneum. As we changed trains in the bowels (I use that word advisedly) of the Naples railway station, what were we serenaded at ear-splitting level by?

At the Copa! Copacabana!
    Hottest spot north of Havana!
    At the Copa! Copacabana!
    Music and passion were always the fashion...

As you would guess, the damn song would not get out of our heads. By the time we got to Sorrento, however, it had sprouted lyrics honoring our local "rosticceria," or fast food joint!

At the Rosty! Rosticceria!
    Great place to get the diarrhea!
    At the Rosty! Rosticceria!
    Scarfing and bolting was oh so revolting...

If I don't get to sleep tonight for the BM running through my head, Claudia, I know who to blame!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

moopy
    sit
    stay

MOOPS AND JOE
    i LOVE YOU. JACKIE
  • outdoorgirl
    Options

Patty...

Kind regards, Susan

OK
    what are the other reasons-come on!! Is it his cute little tail?
  • Aortus
    Options

Ooops!
    Sorry Eefy! I didn't mean to insult you!
    Hey,what time is it there in St.Louis?Hey,I like Pooh and his friends too! I am a little partial to Tigger and Little Roo though!

No probs...
    One of the dogs that Eefy romps around with at the St. Charles doggy park is named "Roo." Roo is a beautiful three year old Great Dane; poor Nubi has a smoldering crush on her. Even if she had the same feelings for him, it's impossible to imagine how they could, shall we say, act upon their mutual attraction.