EARLY roll call: weekend plans!!

Options

Comments

• Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Kat11 said:

I am leaving for Wisconsin
    I am leaving for Wisconsin on sunday for a week. I am just hoping I am well enough by sunday to make trip. Just had #3 treatment yesterday.

Enjoy the Land of Cheese!
    Hope you bounce back from treatment #3 especially fast, so you can make the most of your time in my wonderful home state.
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    tjhay said:

Running Away
    I am running away, hahaha
    No really, going out with my girlfriends Friday Night. Then I am running away on Saturday to my godmothers to house sit for 4 days. Peace and quiet, will be just me and the dogs. Yipppppy
    tjhay

P.S I hope every one has a wonderful weekend

Hmmmmmmm
    Peace and quiet AND dogs? Not a very common occurrence with our pupsters...
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    My bro is down from NY for a
    My bro is down from NY for a visit and we're headed over the mountain (Smokies)from Gatlinburg to Franklin NC to dig for sapphires and rubys. Wish us luck!
  • whichwitch
    whichwitch Member Posts: 42
    Options
    we will be picking up my
    we will be picking up my sister and heading for Riverdowns to see the weinner dog races. Sounds like fun to me. Also Cincinnati is having a blues fes this weekend. So fun filled times ahead. Have fun everyone and enjoy.
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options

That sounds like fun Debi!
    That sounds like fun Debi! Glad you can still make it this year!

Have a great time!

We will miss you for those 2 weeks!

I'll miss you too!
    But if I don't get a chance to post, please know you are ALL in my heart and prayers, always!

Love ya,
    Debi
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options

we will be picking up my
    we will be picking up my sister and heading for Riverdowns to see the weinner dog races. Sounds like fun to me. Also Cincinnati is having a blues fes this weekend. So fun filled times ahead. Have fun everyone and enjoy.

Weiner dog races????
    That makes me laugh just visualizing it! You've GOT to post some pictures, if you can!
    Debi
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    GET AWAY
    Have a good weekend all!! Sounds like everyone is going to have fun. My husband and I will be heading to the Thousand Islands in upstate NY. My aunt has a lake house. I need to get away. I haven't been anywhere since I was dx in April. I'm looking forward to it!! Have safe trips all!! Diane:)
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Weekend!
    Hi everyone - sounds like everyone has some great plans for the weekend. I am going to a bbq party by the lake tomorrow (if it isn't that hot - supposed to be in the 90's and humid) for my neighbor's son. Its a combination Graduation/Birthday/Farewell party for him. Tuesday he goes to Ft. Meade to be sworn into the Army and then bussed to BWI to go to Ft. Benning, GA. It sounds like a lot of fun, he's been in ROTC for a couple of years now and they are going to give him a good sendoff tomorrow. Going is sketchy though, I have bronchitis/laryngitis and the rad oncologist said I still need to stay out of the sun for a while (finished RADS 2 months ago yesterday). Does this tired ever let up? Sunday is supposed to be 95/hazy/hot/humid (love the weather in DC)so I will stay air conditioned and just rest.
    Have a great one everbody!
    Pat
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Weekend!
    Hi everyone - sounds like everyone has some great plans for the weekend. I am going to a bbq party by the lake tomorrow (if it isn't that hot - supposed to be in the 90's and humid) for my neighbor's son. Its a combination Graduation/Birthday/Farewell party for him. Tuesday he goes to Ft. Meade to be sworn into the Army and then bussed to BWI to go to Ft. Benning, GA. It sounds like a lot of fun, he's been in ROTC for a couple of years now and they are going to give him a good sendoff tomorrow. Going is sketchy though, I have bronchitis/laryngitis and the rad oncologist said I still need to stay out of the sun for a while (finished RADS 2 months ago yesterday). Does this tired ever let up? Sunday is supposed to be 95/hazy/hot/humid (love the weather in DC)so I will stay air conditioned and just rest.
    Have a great one everbody!
    Pat

Camping
    On the lovely skykomish river??? I think....I have made about 40 trips out the front door to pack the trailer. Its amazing what one needs for 4 days......
    Have a great weekend everyone. Back on monday. I will post biggest loser on tues am...tho no loss this week to add to the roster. :(
    M
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Weekend......
    Saturday, we are going to the annual Fire Co. Summer Raffle. Last year, I had just had my mastectomy & couldn't go. But they pulled one of my tickets and I won a diamond necklace! I doubt that I will be that lucky again..lol!

Sunday, either getting groceries OR relaxing.

CR
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Weekend......
    Saturday, we are going to the annual Fire Co. Summer Raffle. Last year, I had just had my mastectomy & couldn't go. But they pulled one of my tickets and I won a diamond necklace! I doubt that I will be that lucky again..lol!

Sunday, either getting groceries OR relaxing.

CR

Thanks Mimi!
    Saturday, we are having friends out for bbq and drinks and fun! I love to entertain here, and, people seem to love to come.

Sunday, I imagine hubby will be cleaning up the mess from the night before, lol, and I will be resting. :)

Kylez

love the new pic Mimi, is that recent?
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Mimi... this has to be one
    Mimi... this has to be one of my favorite things to look forward to at the end of the week... have fun this weekend... I'm with you... the pool, jaccuzi and the lounge for a few drinks.. that's why I would go too... and I do admit.. I love barbeque... yum..

This weekend... Friday not much... still sulking a bit at my run of luck... but that's okay I will get over it.. all I have to do is look at all the sisters that have taken the walk before me....

Saturday... a baby shower... not that's fun... unfortunately my husband told me I have to leave my check book and bank card at home when I go shopping for the gift, I have to take only cash... I have a tendency to go a little over board when shopping for new babies... I love babies...

Sunday.... RACE FOR A CURE... sorry Claudia... won't be doing the timed run, but I will be in the 5 mile untimed run... this is my first event... have never participated in anything like this before... actually caught myself getting emotional when I went to pick up my number badge, shirt and hat today... bought a pink water bottle too!

Well that's it... I really hope all of you have a fantastic weekend!

Hugs..
    ~T
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Mimi... this has to be one of my favorite things to look forward to at the end of the week... have fun this weekend... I'm with you... the pool, jaccuzi and the lounge for a few drinks.. that's why I would go too... and I do admit.. I love barbeque... yum..

This weekend... Friday not much... still sulking a bit at my run of luck... but that's okay I will get over it.. all I have to do is look at all the sisters that have taken the walk before me....

Saturday... a baby shower... not that's fun... unfortunately my husband told me I have to leave my check book and bank card at home when I go shopping for the gift, I have to take only cash... I have a tendency to go a little over board when shopping for new babies... I love babies...

Sunday.... RACE FOR A CURE... sorry Claudia... won't be doing the timed run, but I will be in the 5 mile untimed run... this is my first event... have never participated in anything like this before... actually caught myself getting emotional when I went to pick up my number badge, shirt and hat today... bought a pink water bottle too!

Hugs..
    ~T

Taleena,
    Glad you have plans

Taleena,
    Glad you have plans for the weekend. It should help with all that you are going through right now. And I don't think it is sulking to be upset over this curveball. Playing the game is hard enough without someone changing the rules part way through.
    I am the same way with baby gifts. Everything is so darn cute.
    And the Race For A Cure. Congrats on doing that. I can barely walk the one lap for the Relay. 5 Miles, timed or untimed, would be out of the question. I could see it now. Stef completes the 5 miles in 10 days, 6 hours and 45 minutes. And go ahead and be emotional, it can be downright cathartic to do these events. I'll be with you in spirit.
    Stef
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Taleena,
    Glad you have plans

Taleena,
    Glad you have plans for the weekend. It should help with all that you are going through right now. And I don't think it is sulking to be upset over this curveball. Playing the game is hard enough without someone changing the rules part way through.
    I am the same way with baby gifts. Everything is so darn cute.
    And the Race For A Cure. Congrats on doing that. I can barely walk the one lap for the Relay. 5 Miles, timed or untimed, would be out of the question. I could see it now. Stef completes the 5 miles in 10 days, 6 hours and 45 minutes. And go ahead and be emotional, it can be downright cathartic to do these events. I'll be with you in spirit.
    Stef

Thanks Stef... and if you
    Thanks Stef... and if you don't hear from me for about 10 days... you'll know I'm right there with you... lol

Hugs.

~T
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Thanks Stef... and if you
    Thanks Stef... and if you don't hear from me for about 10 days... you'll know I'm right there with you... lol

Hugs.

~T

Teleena,
    That truly made me

Teleena,
    That truly made me LOL. It would only take me that long because I would stop after each 1/2 mile and get a room with room service for the night. Hence, the 10 days. The hours and minutes would be frequent stops for refreshments. So I say take 10 days, etc.
    Stef
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    fauxma said:

Teleena,
    That truly made me

Teleena,
    That truly made me LOL. It would only take me that long because I would stop after each 1/2 mile and get a room with room service for the night. Hence, the 10 days. The hours and minutes would be frequent stops for refreshments. So I say take 10 days, etc.
    Stef

Saturday night we are going
    Saturday night we are going out with some friends for a movie and pizza afterwords! Not sure what we will see yet.

Sunday, we will just mess around at home. Usually our lazy day! :)

Susie
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Just got back
    Was "down in the valley" with my 16 year-old yesterday for doctors' appointments and stayed the night at my daughter's apartment. We had tickets to see "Twelfth Night," but it rained and rained so the show was cancelled. Instead, we got a Red Box copy of "Role Models" (laugh out loud funny) and vegged at the apartment with cheesecake and videos.

It is cold and rainy (very unusual) - perfect weather to....garden. I am so grateful for the rain. My daughter and son-in-law are visiting on Sunday - Tuesday. He finishes his last credits to graduate from college this weekend, so we will celebrate!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Thanks Mimi!
    Saturday, we are having friends out for bbq and drinks and fun! I love to entertain here, and, people seem to love to come.

Sunday, I imagine hubby will be cleaning up the mess from the night before, lol, and I will be resting. :)

Kylez

love the new pic Mimi, is that recent?

it's been days Mimi
    and I still don't see your new pic!!! I wanna see..............
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    taleena said:

Hugs..
    ~T

I loved everything you wrote
    I loved everything you wrote up until I noticed the "sorry Claudia" part! What?? No sorry's are warranted! You are kicking a%% being any part of Race For A Cure~ none of us should ever, ever think it is about time or placing, or anything like that! It is simply about being a part of things, from the sidelines shouting encouragement, contributing money, high-fiving someone, or walking at all!!! It makes all of us winners~ and you are winning with a Capital W!!!! Congrats on your participation; I felt the same way when I saw my first number badge. It's all overwhelming in a wonderful, wonderful way! Enjoy the experience! I'm soo proud of you!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Hmmm
    I really don't know yet. Everyone else seems to have a plan.

Need to corner hubby when he gets home from work, I guess.

Laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lex

Ok we have a plan now for
    Ok we have a plan now for the weekend.

Tomorrow, we are getting a pizza and watching movies at home. :)

Sunday, we are probably laying around and watching movies and napping together again. :)

I think you could say, this is a together weekend for us. :)

Lex