Options
13»

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    j916 said:

AD changed
    My doctor changed my wellbutrin to effexor....now i'm going through the med change process, which is such a fun thing ugh...but well worth it in the long run, right? thank you all for this information....life saving information.
    Jeanne

Jeanne, I'm glad that you
    Jeanne, I'm glad that you changed meds. I know it sucks to go through the process of changing over, but I'm proud of you for taking charge and not compromising either your cancer care or your mental health. I hope the new meds work out.

Mimi
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Jeanne, I'm glad that you
    Jeanne, I'm glad that you changed meds. I know it sucks to go through the process of changing over, but I'm proud of you for taking charge and not compromising either your cancer care or your mental health. I hope the new meds work out.

Mimi

Hope the new antidepressant
    Hope the new antidepressant works for you. Let us know how you do.

Leeza
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    j916 said:

Very Upset
    You have no idea how much this upsets me

Good info Jan and Mimi!
    Thanks Mimi and Jan for this. Post more when you find anything new.

♠♥ Noel ♠♥
  • debragood1
    debragood1 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Phew
    Thanks, Mimi. This is great info. I had all these notes to talk to my onc. about it yesterday but she brought it up first. I'm glad she keeps up to date on this stuff. I'm still doing chemo but will start tamoxifen later in the year. I'm on zoloft but my onc. will wean me off that while starting on effexor. I hope it works!

Wishing everyone good results for depression and no recurrence!

Deb
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Phew
    Thanks, Mimi. This is great info. I had all these notes to talk to my onc. about it yesterday but she brought it up first. I'm glad she keeps up to date on this stuff. I'm still doing chemo but will start tamoxifen later in the year. I'm on zoloft but my onc. will wean me off that while starting on effexor. I hope it works!

Wishing everyone good results for depression and no recurrence!

Deb

I am not on an
    I am not on an antidepressant, never have been. But, when I had my first meeting with my oncologist, he never brought it up. So, I finally did. He just tried to convince me to take tamox, and, never even mentioned the side effects of tamox, let alone that you aren't suppose to be on most antidepressants while taking it. We do have to be our own advocates in this journey. It seems that not a lot of oncologist's are mentioning this to their patients.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Great info, Jan
    There is another side to everything, isn't there? I never considered that some people may metabolize Tamoxifen too quickly and that these anti-depressants may actually help for those people. Wow. I guess the lesson here is that you need ALL the information -- both which anti-depressants do what and what kind of metabolizer you are. Many thanks for this.

Mimi

Teena, this is the article
    Teena, this is the article published that tells how tamox and certain antidepressants, wellbutrin and prozac being 2 of them, may double your chances of a bc recurrence. I wish you good luck on your new antidepressants. I know it must be hard.