Finally got pathology results

Reikigemgirl
Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi all,

After returning to the doctor for the second time to get the results they were finally there. Two out of three of my biopsies showed cancer. One is lobular carcinoma in situ involving the margin and the other one is invasive carcinoma with ductal and lobular features. So I have two different kinds of cancer in one breast? While I was in with the surgeon the oncologist called and they are going to try to get my insurance company to o.k. a pet scan instead of node removal as the next step. Sometimes they will o.k. it first if the oncologist orders it. That would save me a surgery. If the pet scan shows the nodes are infected then they can take them out when they take my breast off. My appointment with the oncologist is Monday so I will know more about the plan of action then. So far it is chemo and a masectomy!

Hope this finds you all doing well.

Love and Light,
Vicki

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Hi Vicki
    So sorry for the

Hi Vicki
    So sorry for the dx.But the good thing is that now you an get started with treatment.
    The PET scan will look for any sign of cancer in the bones I think. Are you having chemo before your surgery? They usually do this to shrink the tumors.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Hi
    Just to thank you on keeping us posted, and to wish you all the VERY BEST! Hugs to you Jxxxxxxxxx
  • IamHope
    IamHope Member Posts: 58
    Keep us posted and good luck
    Keep us posted and good luck Vicky...
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Sorry for the dx
    Vicki: I had four kinds of cancer in one breast-- all within the same 1.3 cm mass. My nodes were negative, so please don't give up hope! Best wishes! Jane
  • jojo elizapest
    jojo elizapest Member Posts: 122
    Vicki
    Glad you got some

Vicki

Glad you got some answers and have rec'd a treatment plan of sorts.

Jojo
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Vicki... just wanted to say
    Vicki... just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about your dx... I know it can all seem quite overwhelming... know that you are in my thoughts...keep up posted on how your appointment goes. I hope you get the results of the PET scan fairly quickly I know the waiting is one of the roughest parts... I guess by the time we all finish our treatments we graduate to become pros in the waiting department.

Gentle Hugs to you ..

~T
  • IamHope
    IamHope Member Posts: 58
    taleena said:

Vicki... just wanted to say
    Vicki... just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about your dx... I know it can all seem quite overwhelming... know that you are in my thoughts...keep up posted on how your appointment goes. I hope you get the results of the PET scan fairly quickly I know the waiting is one of the roughest parts... I guess by the time we all finish our treatments we graduate to become pros in the waiting department.

Gentle Hugs to you ..

~T

What does dx stand for?

What does dx stand for?
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    IamHope said:

What does dx stand for?

What does dx stand for?

Dx = diagnosis
    Dx is just short for diagnosis (like bc = breast cancer).

Vicki --

So sorry for the results of the path report, but it sounds as if you've got a great oncologist and for me, at least, it always helps to know exactly what I'm dealing with.

It sounds like you're handling all this very well, with a strong attitude. Good job! (Of course if that changes at any moment, we all still love you, you know!!!!!)

Keep us posted and I'm sending you lots of love and light!

Hugs,
    Debi
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Vicki....
    At least some comfort for you being able to move ahead. The PET/CT scan will look at your whole body. Don't be surprised if you fall into the "two week" schedule for a short bit. I did. Had test, results in two weeks. Set up surgery, date in two weeks. Follow up visit, in two weeks. So be prepeared for more waiting but know that the ball is starting to roll forward! Keep us posted. (:-) Pammy
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    So sorry Vicki. Good luck
    So sorry Vicki. Good luck with the PET scan and let us know what you find out!

Praying for you!
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Hang in there Vicki. I will
    Hang in there Vicki. I will be praying for you. You will make it through this and be ok. Eil
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Vicki
    you going to be ok hang in there hugs and love comming your way. clara
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490
    Know that you are on my
    Know that you are on my mind, Vicki, and I'm praying for you that you have clear nodes.
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    lanie940 said:

Know that you are on my
    Know that you are on my mind, Vicki, and I'm praying for you that you have clear nodes.

Vicki
    Hands from all your sisters are reaching out to you, we have open hearts, good wishes, and sincere prayers all for you.
    tjahy
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hey vicki
    I had bilateral mastectomy and just had my 3rd round of 8 rounds of chemo...It is do able. Worst part is the waiting. We all know what youre going thru and we are all pulling for you.

Hang in there

Linda T
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    VICKI
    Sorry about your dx. Know that you are in all of our thoughts and prayers. The PET scan will show if there is any cancer elsewhere in your body. Waiting is the hardest. Hugs, Diane
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    chickad52 said:

VICKI
    Sorry about your dx. Know that you are in all of our thoughts and prayers. The PET scan will show if there is any cancer elsewhere in your body. Waiting is the hardest. Hugs, Diane

Thanks

Thanks to all of you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. We are all strong and will make it through this!!

I feel so blessed to have found this board.

Love and Light,
    Vicki
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757

Thanks

Thanks to all of you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. We are all strong and will make it through this!!

I feel so blessed to have found this board.

Love and Light,
    Vicki

I'm Glad
    I'm glad you found the board, too. We are glad to have you. I hope your scan goes well. I have only one type of cancer in the breast but my lymph nodes had cancer as well so they removed them all. Let me know how it goes. I survived the surgeries and my first round of chemo. You can do it too if you have to. We will help you through it.

P
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    dyaneb123 said:

Hi Vicki
    So sorry for the

Hi Vicki
    So sorry for the dx.But the good thing is that now you an get started with treatment.
    The PET scan will look for any sign of cancer in the bones I think. Are you having chemo before your surgery? They usually do this to shrink the tumors.

Hi Vicki! Sorry for the
    Hi Vicki! Sorry for the diagnosis. But, you seem to be going ahead and getting your treatment planned out.

Good luck!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    ladybug22 said:

Vicki
    you going to be ok hang in there hugs and love comming your way. clara

So sorry
    Sending you good thoughts Vicki and lots of hugs and prayers!

Hugs,

Leeza