Shout out from Cat

Options
2»

Comments

• cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    thanks to everyone
    I really appreciate everyones good wishes, and I will take you all with me into surgery, just knowing I have this huge support group makes me feel so much better. I know this is not the "what will happen now" surgery like the bc was, but it still will be nice to know you are all there for me.
    Went for my final autologous blood draw on Wednesday, did very well, had my six month onc appt today and all was well there too. woo hoo!
    =^..^=
  • cats_toy
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Cat, shy? Um NO! lol
    You seem very happy to be having this done Cat. And, I am happy for you that you will have it done and that the 3 nice looking plastic surgeons made you feel better. That is always such a plus when your doctors can put your mind at ease.

So, will you have a mastectomy then? And, then reconstruction? Or, is this not my business. Which if it isn't, no problem. I guess I am just confused as to what they would do.

I will put that date on my calendar and say a HUGE prayer for YOU! I will be thinking of you all day Cat!

Love, Jeanne

my journey so far has been an open book.
    why stop now?
    No I will not have the mastectomy, what they will do is take skin and fat (yes, there is plently for them to use) from the tummy, remove the badly radiated skin, the scar tissue from rads, and the scars from the original surgery, replace it with the tummy skin and hope all the blood vessels, nerves, etc will "take". Then later, as long as the tissue lives, I can have the implants done if I choose. One of the attorneys in the office says he votes for double D's. Imagine that.
    Bonus: tummy tuck! no charge!
    =^..^=
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

thanks to everyone
    I really appreciate everyones good wishes, and I will take you all with me into surgery, just knowing I have this huge support group makes me feel so much better. I know this is not the "what will happen now" surgery like the bc was, but it still will be nice to know you are all there for me.
    Went for my final autologous blood draw on Wednesday, did very well, had my six month onc appt today and all was well there too. woo hoo!
    =^..^=

Good news...
    Especially the news from your onc follow-up - YAY! Thanks for sharing, Cat.

Kind regards, Susan
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

my journey so far has been an open book.
    why stop now?
    No I will not have the mastectomy, what they will do is take skin and fat (yes, there is plently for them to use) from the tummy, remove the badly radiated skin, the scar tissue from rads, and the scars from the original surgery, replace it with the tummy skin and hope all the blood vessels, nerves, etc will "take". Then later, as long as the tissue lives, I can have the implants done if I choose. One of the attorneys in the office says he votes for double D's. Imagine that.
    Bonus: tummy tuck! no charge!
    =^..^=

Good luck with your surgery.
    Good luck with your surgery. You said as long as the tissue lives? You mean it might not take or something? I guess I don't know much about this.

Hope all turns out well for you!

Diane
  • cats_toy
    Options

Glad you are back
    Cat,

Glad you are back, I'm sure Vegas was an absolute oven. It was really hot here. This Sat. I was actually glad that Saturday is my"bad day" from chemo. It was over 104 degrees here and the kids had an all day swim meet in La Verne, so I got to sit in air conditioning while my husband sat in the heat. Let me know if you need anything to prepare or help with your surgery. If you need someone to sit with you if your husband needs a break Just let me know . I'd be happy to help. Love Surf
    P.S. A little bit of my hair is growing back and it looks like it is strawberry blonde, kinda neat.

Surf
    thank you so much for the offer. I did remember you had chemo last week, we need to get together again before your next one, my treat! I'll drive, top down (car, not me - he he). Gotta see the hair, even though you looked so cute with your little cap on.
    We had lightning & thunder storms in Vegas, cooled it down to 105, but was back up to 110 real quick.
    I will be in Pasadena (where I found the very cute surgeons) for my surgery, you do not want to be on the 210!
    =^..^=
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Good news...
    Especially the news from your onc follow-up - YAY! Thanks for sharing, Cat.

Kind regards, Susan

Just wishing you good luck
    Just wishing you good luck on your surgery Cat. Hope it turns out the way that you want!

Susie
  • confused123
    confused123 Member Posts: 251
    Options
    susie09 said:

Just wishing you good luck
    Just wishing you good luck on your surgery Cat. Hope it turns out the way that you want!

Susie

Good to hear from you. Good
    Good to hear from you. Good luck with your surgery.

Kim
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    cats_toy said:

thanks to everyone
    =^..^=

That's good news from your
    onc Cat! Will be thinking of you on your surgery day.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

That's good news from your
    onc Cat! Will be thinking of you on your surgery day.

Wishing you good luck with
    Wishing you good luck with your surgery!

Lex
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    bfbear said:

Good to see you again!
    Welcome back!!!!

I don't spend quite as much time here as I used to, and summer here is awfully hectic, so I know how difficult it is to keep up with everyone!

I'm actually going to be on vacation, at my sister's in upstate NY (Lake Canandaigua) for a couple of weeks in August, and don't know if I'll be able to get here at all! It will definitely cause withdrawal pains...

Anyway, glad you're back :-)

Hugs,
    Debi

Have a great vacation Debi!
    Have a great vacation Debi! You deserve it!

Hugs, Susie