Shout out from Cat

Options
cats_toy
cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have fallen so behind on these boards since I went to Cambria in early June, kept thinking I would eventually catch up, then I would miss a couple of days and get even further behind. Have been going to docs and others to make sure I am all ready for my reconstruction surgery. Now that I am back from Vegas (left Friday am, came back Monday pm), I find myself even further behind.

Just wanted to remind everyone, newbies and veterans alike, that if someone does not reply to one of your threads, it does not mean you are being ignored. I would never want anyone to ever think that, it’s just that when we miss a day or more, the posts pile up quicker than ever, and some of the old posts get buried, never to be found again.

I really enjoy hearing from all my friends here, and hopefully if I missed something important, I will get filled in sooner or later!

Also, my reconstruction surgery is a go, scheduled for August 17.

Cat

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Warm welcome back, dear Cat!
    You were sorely missed, friend. :-)

My advice - let the older threads go. Just jump right in with what's happening now.

Kind regards, Susan
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Hey Gurl!
    Great to hear from you!.........I was missing you. there is loads going on here and we all miss your intervention..........LOL Huge Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Cat.....
    Welcome back! Hope you had a great time!!

CR
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Your back!!!!!!
    So glad to see you made it back in one piece!!! We did miss you! And I miss 1 day, I'm up till all hours of the morning just trying to catch up, so I know what you mean!! :) Pammy
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Cat?
    You were gone? Not posting? Really?

Ok, I did notice and I did know that you were gone. I am not on that much myself anymore and there is way too much to try and catch up with, so, I just hit and miss.

Glad you are back. I didn't realize that you needed reconstruction. I thought you had a lumpectomy Cat. I am glad that you are having it done and scheduled though. You seem happy about it.

Don't be a stranger so much :)~

Jeanne
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Nice
    to see you on here again Cat!
  • cats_toy
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Cat?
    You were gone? Not posting? Really?

Ok, I did notice and I did know that you were gone. I am not on that much myself anymore and there is way too much to try and catch up with, so, I just hit and miss.

Glad you are back. I didn't realize that you needed reconstruction. I thought you had a lumpectomy Cat. I am glad that you are having it done and scheduled though. You seem happy about it.

Don't be a stranger so much :)~

Jeanne

funny Jeanne,
    I know, I usually am so shy, you usually don't hear a peep from me.

And yes, I have decided on reconstruction. I have downplayed my surgery to everyone, even family, co-workers and friends have been surprised when I told them.

Some people insist on my surgery being called a lumpectomy because the whole breast was not taken, but my surgeon called it a partial mastectomy. And it was more than he planned because the tumor was larger than expected and a lot of the skin was involved. About 1/3 of the breast was removed. Wasn't really even considering reconstruction until the scar tissue from the rads and surgery made lumps under the skin, and after having to do suspicious MRI's, ultrasounds, and my very first mammo, and the constant ache, it made me reconsider.

Went for three different consults for surgery, and the last group (three very nice looking plastic surgeons in their mid 30's) made me feel so much better about it, we decided it was a go. Had to give some blood last week, and again tomorrow for the "just in case". All tests have been run and everything points to a good result. So, August 17th at 7:30am (Pacific time). Bad thing, I have to be there by 5:30am.oh well. But, now I am really looking forward to this.

=^..^=
  • cats_toy
    Options

Nice
    to see you on here again Cat!

thanks Patty
    I read your post, and it made me feel loved. thanks again!

=^..^=
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    cats_toy said:

thanks Patty
    I read your post, and it made me feel loved. thanks again!

=^..^=

Well,
    you are loved,my dear!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    August 17th...
    It's on my calendar for you, Cat.

Kind regards, Susan
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Oh Cat.... you were
    Oh Cat.... you were missed... sooooo much.... I hope you had a wonderful time in Las Vegas.... I know what you mean about the boards backing up.... wow... gone for a little more than a week and I had 5 pages of posts to try to catch up on.... YIKES....

Glad your back... marking my calander Aug 17th... it's going to go great...!

Okay... get to your reading ... lol

Hugs and welcome home!

~T
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    cats_toy said:

funny Jeanne,

And yes, I have decided on reconstruction. I have downplayed my surgery to everyone, even family, co-workers and friends have been surprised when I told them.

Some people insist on my surgery being called a lumpectomy because the whole breast was not taken, but my surgeon called it a partial mastectomy. And it was more than he planned because the tumor was larger than expected and a lot of the skin was involved. About 1/3 of the breast was removed. Wasn't really even considering reconstruction until the scar tissue from the rads and surgery made lumps under the skin, and after having to do suspicious MRI's, ultrasounds, and my very first mammo, and the constant ache, it made me reconsider.

Went for three different consults for surgery, and the last group (three very nice looking plastic surgeons in their mid 30's) made me feel so much better about it, we decided it was a go. Had to give some blood last week, and again tomorrow for the "just in case". All tests have been run and everything points to a good result. So, August 17th at 7:30am (Pacific time). Bad thing, I have to be there by 5:30am.oh well. But, now I am really looking forward to this.

=^..^=

Good Luck
    Good luck with your upcoming surgery. I hope all goes well.

P
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Oh Cat.... you were
    Oh Cat.... you were missed... sooooo much.... I hope you had a wonderful time in Las Vegas.... I know what you mean about the boards backing up.... wow... gone for a little more than a week and I had 5 pages of posts to try to catch up on.... YIKES....

Glad your back... marking my calander Aug 17th... it's going to go great...!

Okay... get to your reading ... lol

Hugs and welcome home!

~T

Glad you are back
    Cat,

Glad you are back, I'm sure Vegas was an absolute oven. It was really hot here. This Sat. I was actually glad that Saturday is my"bad day" from chemo. It was over 104 degrees here and the kids had an all day swim meet in La Verne, so I got to sit in air conditioning while my husband sat in the heat. Let me know if you need anything to prepare or help with your surgery. If you need someone to sit with you if your husband needs a break Just let me know . I'd be happy to help. Love Surf
    P.S. A little bit of my hair is growing back and it looks like it is strawberry blonde, kinda neat.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    MEOW!! We have missed your
    MEOW!! We have missed your purr-fect self here on the boards! Don't even try catching up; carry on from this point forward, you'll be just fine!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    cats_toy said:

funny Jeanne,

=^..^=

Cat, shy? Um NO! lol
    You seem very happy to be having this done Cat. And, I am happy for you that you will have it done and that the 3 nice looking plastic surgeons made you feel better. That is always such a plus when your doctors can put your mind at ease.

So, will you have a mastectomy then? And, then reconstruction? Or, is this not my business. Which if it isn't, no problem. I guess I am just confused as to what they would do.

I will put that date on my calendar and say a HUGE prayer for YOU! I will be thinking of you all day Cat!

Love, Jeanne
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

MEOW!! We have missed your
    MEOW!! We have missed your purr-fect self here on the boards! Don't even try catching up; carry on from this point forward, you'll be just fine!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Cat
    Good to hear from you. I missed you. hope your having fun and living life. We can't be here 24-7 and sometimes thats what it takes to keep up here!! Lol!
    hugs, jackie
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options
    rjjj said:

Cat
    Good to hear from you. I missed you. hope your having fun and living life. We can't be here 24-7 and sometimes thats what it takes to keep up here!! Lol!
    hugs, jackie

Good to see you again!
    Welcome back!!!!

I don't spend quite as much time here as I used to, and summer here is awfully hectic, so I know how difficult it is to keep up with everyone!

I'm actually going to be on vacation, at my sister's in upstate NY (Lake Canandaigua) for a couple of weeks in August, and don't know if I'll be able to get here at all! It will definitely cause withdrawal pains...

Anyway, glad you're back :-)

Hugs,
    Debi
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Warm welcome back, dear Cat!
    You were sorely missed, friend. :-)

My advice - let the older threads go. Just jump right in with what's happening now.

Kind regards, Susan

Welcome back Kat. And, good
    Welcome back Kat. And, good luck with your upcoming surgery!

Lex
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Marked it on my calendar, so
    Marked it on my calendar, so i can spend the day with you in my thoughts and prayers
    tj
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    tjhay said:

Marked it on my calendar, so
    Marked it on my calendar, so i can spend the day with you in my thoughts and prayers
    tj

Wishing you good luck with
    Wishing you good luck with your upcoming surgery Cat!