Feeling very Emotional Today....

Options
2»

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you!
    Hello Calleen, sorry I got here late did not see this till today. The portion of your post that stood out to me was the "let it take me" line. You are of great value, cancer does not change that. You mention the grand daughter and say she is the oldest so there are others and there are children of your own. Being a grandparent myself I am pretty sure you want to watch them grow up and don't want to miss out on all that loving. You my friend have much to live for!!! I realize right now it is overwhelming and all consuming but trust me on this it is most certainly doable and we as a whole will walk with you as best we can via cyber space every step of the way! I am sorry for your damaged relationship, as you have enough to deal with as it is. Don't beat yourself up over the crying cancer does that to you! Now draw on what gives you strength and remember you are WORTH fighting for!!!

A Multitude of Hugs,

RE
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    me again
    Wanted to add that in retrospect I would do every treatment I have had all 28 rounds of chemo and everyday of the 16 weeks of rads along with all the surgeries to have had the additional 12 years it has bought me so far. Callen you can do this scary as it is I want you to know there is a future out there and it's worth the fight to get to.

Love,

RE
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    (((((HUGS)))))
    I want to second all the positive encouragement you have gotten on these boards~ that we have the freedom to express how we are feeling, and the knowledge that it will be received with love and care is worth so very much! Come in often; we are always here...even at 3AM!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • tracy783
    tracy783 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    good afternoon,
    today is a

good afternoon,
    today is a bad day for me, feel like im losing it reading your blog let me know im not alone, thanks
  • angel23
    angel23 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    HELLO'S, BIRTHDAYS, AND LEAVE ME ALONE.....
    I am so amazed that when I can't seem to get up the courage to write, that someone, a special "ONE" pops up, and says it all!! Thank you for your courage, and ability to help me, also, in this journey to being healthy again.....

I too, will have surgery tomorrow, and have been waiting to be here with my brave friends... I am not so brave,.... but sometimes, you quit, fear sets in, and you become overwhelmed... Today is my daughter's boyfriends birthday... "21" So I must put on that happy face, and get on with making cupcakes, and taking the dog for a walk, and putting off the fear that ensues me now....

I want this surgery over also, so I can begin the next stage to recovery... I don't know what to expect tomorrow, however, I have no control, and I can only feel what I do... I think that is my own way of dealing with it all....

I know we will remember today's special moments, and hope for more... I know we will be scared, but know it will keep us closer... and I know we will be fonder for the icing on those cupcakes!!!

God Bless, Angel 23
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Calleen said:

Thanks
    All of you who took the time to send me a message!! I went and picked up my oldest grandaughter today.. She's 12 1/2 she will be staying with me for the next two weeks.. My surgery is this coming Wed... It helps having some noise in the house and she is so much fun to have around.. She always keeps me laughing... she thinks I'm wonderful!!!

such a blessing
    I am happy you have a fun-loving grandaughter to pick up your spirits!!! Just what the doctor ordered! She also sounds very smart. She thinks your wonderful, because you ARE wonderful.
    hugs, jackie
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Calleen........
    This is a very difficult and emotional journey that you are beginning. You will be scared out of your wits, sad beyond belief, angry at the world.

But you will continue to do what you need to do in order to rid yourself of this horrible disease. And we will be here to encourage you and comfort you.

Big hugs,

CR
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Calleen........
    This is a very difficult and emotional journey that you are beginning. You will be scared out of your wits, sad beyond belief, angry at the world.

But you will continue to do what you need to do in order to rid yourself of this horrible disease. And we will be here to encourage you and comfort you.

Big hugs,

CR

Calleen
    You are doing AMAZINGLY! Carry on the good work. It will very soon be over and done with and , like me, most of it will not even be remembered ...(Yeah OK, a lot of that is down to Chemo-Brain) Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Calleen
    You are doing AMAZINGLY! Carry on the good work. It will very soon be over and done with and , like me, most of it will not even be remembered ...(Yeah OK, a lot of that is down to Chemo-Brain) Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry Calleen.
    I am so sorry Calleen. Having a bc diagnosis is so horrible in itself, that you certainly don't need the added stress. But, you can and you will get thru this! We will all be here to help you! About anytime you are on here, someone will be here too. Also, try the chat room sometimes. I know Tj is there sometimes.

Hugs,

Kristin
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    You can do it!
    Calleen, Many of us have felt that fear of the unknown. There is a whole grief process that comes with a cancer diagnosis, and you are smack dab in it. The way you are feeling is not unusual. Take each day as it comes. It DOES get better. xoxoxo Lynn
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

You can do it!
    Calleen, Many of us have felt that fear of the unknown. There is a whole grief process that comes with a cancer diagnosis, and you are smack dab in it. The way you are feeling is not unusual. Take each day as it comes. It DOES get better. xoxoxo Lynn

You are right Lynn. We all
    You are right Lynn. We all go thru it and we all survive it. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. You just have to open your eyes and see it.

Good luck