Options
2»

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    suprbat said:

I am also recently diagnosed with DCIS
    I have been reading a lot about what people have been posting and I have to say that it is very comforting to me as well. Because it's so early stage I actually felt foolish for a while thinking I need a support group. I think it was just because I was in a little bit of denial. My lumpectomy is scheduled for August 24 and internal radiation immediately after and I'm not sure what I'm actually afraid of. I have a wonderful positive attitude but it is overwhelming. Thank you for being here.

Welcome, suprbat
    Overwhelming? Good gosh, for sure! No matter the diagnosis, no matter the treatment plan.

We're all here to support and encourage each other. Glad you found us.

I'll be hoping for the best possible outcome from your upcoming surgery.

Visit often, whenever you'd like or need to.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    suprbat said:

I have been reading a lot about what people have been posting and I have to say that it is very comforting to me as well. Because it's so early stage I actually felt foolish for a while thinking I need a support group. I think it was just because I was in a little bit of denial. My lumpectomy is scheduled for August 24 and internal radiation immediately after and I'm not sure what I'm actually afraid of. I have a wonderful positive attitude but it is overwhelming. Thank you for being here.

Welcome to the site suprbat!
    Welcome to the site suprbat! And, I want to wish you good luck with your surgery!

Post and let us know how you are doing anytime!

Someone is always here! :)

Lex
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    suprbat said:

Welcome Suprbat and just
    Welcome Suprbat and just know that we are here to help and support you!

Good luck with your surgery on the 24th and your rads.

Kylez :)
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    suprbat said:

Welcome Suprbat.....
    Glad you are finding comfort here. Keep the positive attitude, it will go a long way in keeping yourself together!! (:-) Pammy
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    It sounds like yours was
    It sounds like yours was caught early. Just went through the lumpectomy yesterday. My sentinal node was clear. So when we come back from Disney later this month, I'll start the radiation. Not looking forward to daily trips for 5 weeks or more, but I am looking forward to meeting new friends, we are all cancer survivor sisters.
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Welcome everybody!
    Yes this is a great board to be on-I feel like I have found family and friends here and I've just been on for months now!
    Don't do too much"homework" on the computer(though knowledge is power-just be careful what sites you go on)you'll wind up just scaring yourself(and that's the last thing you need right now).And you don't have to be positive all of the time-I don't think anyone on here expects that,because we aren't always. Just be you with however you are feeling on a given day!
  • lanie940
    Options

Welcome, TT
    Glad you found us, glad to have you. Yes, exactly, we are a very positive group - all here to support and encourage each other. Yet, we're also here to share the setbacks, curveballs, difficulties, you name it.

As others have already stated, please - you MUST limit, at the very least, your "googling"!!! Reason: there is an awful lot of "junk" info out there, maybe just as much - if not more - as is credible. Almost immediately after diagnosis - my nurse provided a list of recommended sites, and strongly warned against all others. This site - the American Cancer Society - is excellent. A few suggestions specific to BC: the Susan Komen Foundation, breastcancer.org, etc. Be particularly wary of ANY site that attempts to SELL "the miracle cure" via the internet!

The entire experience is so very difficult as it is. Please don't frighten yourself needlessly about things that MAY happen - because they might not apply to you, at all. The journey can only be travelled one step at a time. As hard as it may be, that's the best advice I can share with you at this point. Focus on getting through your surgery on Monday, your next step - and, a big one. Final post-surgery pathology results will determine what's next, for sure, and not until.

Visit often, whenever you'd like or need to. Someone's always here - lots of "night owls" within this bunch!

Best wishes for the best possible outcome from your surgery on Monday. Please do keep us posted, when you can.

I agree, but I have to
    I agree, but I have to admit, I chose my Dr. from going to the Hospital Network I'm in. He is as far as I'm concerned the best in my area. I was sooo glad to have my lumpectomy less than 3 weeks after the cancer was discovered!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    suprbat said:

I'm glad it's
    an early stage-that's awesome for you!Doesn't make your cancer any less than the rest of us though!
  • lanie940
    Options
    suprbat said:

So, sounds like you are
    So, sounds like you are having mammosite. I woud have lied that, but my Surgeon said mine was too close to the surface and the mammosite balloon might fall out. Let us know how the mammosite goes.
  • debragood1
    debragood1 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Hugs back at you
    My tumors were teeny tiny but invasive, so I was given the choice of doing chemo, and decided to go ahead with it. So I'll do chemo first (most likely starting next week), then radiation, then Tamoxifen.

Traci

chemo
    do you know what regimen you'll be on? i'm on CMF chemo but can't seem to find anyone else on that regimen. Thanks.

Deb
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    lanie940 said:

It sounds like yours was
    It sounds like yours was caught early. Just went through the lumpectomy yesterday. My sentinal node was clear. So when we come back from Disney later this month, I'll start the radiation. Not looking forward to daily trips for 5 weeks or more, but I am looking forward to meeting new friends, we are all cancer survivor sisters.

Hi Lanie! Good news that
    Hi Lanie! Good news that your node was clear!

Have fun at Disney!

Hugs,

Lex