FINISHED MY RADS TODAY! YIPPEE!

Options
DianeBC
DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Finally, I am done with rads. I had my last booster today and I am so happy. Now, I can hopefully start healing and get on with my life. Going everyday for 7 weeks, with just weekends off, was getting to be too much.

And, I will heal, right? My radiation oncologist said I would. It just will take time he said. I asked him how long, and, he just smiled. :(

Well, this is wonderful! I am done!

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Congrats
    Congrats on finishing your rads.

Margo
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    woooooooohooooooooo
    Okay everyone join hands and lets make a big circle around Diane and do the happy dance. On the count of 3 now we start dancing.
    ONE
    TWO
    THREE
    DANNNNNNNNCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEE
    HAPPY SMILES
    tjhay
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    tjhay said:

woooooooohooooooooo
    Okay everyone join hands and lets make a big circle around Diane and do the happy dance. On the count of 3 now we start dancing.
    ONE
    TWO
    THREE
    HAPPY SMILES
    tjhay

I love a good happy dance.
    I love a good happy dance. Happy for you Diane and you will heal but don't be surprised if the redness, soreness whatever gets a little worse before it gets better. Keep using your lotion.
    Stef
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    tjhay said:

woooooooohooooooooo
    ONE
    TWO
    THREE
    HAPPY SMILES
    tjhay

Joining the Happy Dance Circle, Diane
    Yea, Diane! You must be so relieved. And proud--I am only just now beginning to understand what an achievement it is to finish rads. Good for you! Now on to healing and moving on with your life.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    YAY
    YAY!!! Happy, happy, happy day! Finishing Rads~ whoooo de hooo! A milestone, indeed! A
    Celebration is in order!

And yes, you will heal!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options
    chenheart said:

YAY
    YAY!!! Happy, happy, happy day! Finishing Rads~ whoooo de hooo! A milestone, indeed! A
    Celebration is in order!

And yes, you will heal!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Thats awesome. Im happy for
    Thats awesome. Im happy for you. Take care

laura
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Diane! I am
    Congratulations Diane! I am doing my happy dance for you too!
  • maya00i
    maya00i Member Posts: 42
    Options
    I remember that day when I
    I remember that day when I was done. I had the best feeling. I went camping. Congrats to you.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    WOOHOO!!
    So happy for you, Diane, Last day!!! Now I know how happy I will be from the excitement in your voice!! You ended today, I started today. The cycle continues!!! :) Pammy
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

WOOHOO!!
    So happy for you, Diane, Last day!!! Now I know how happy I will be from the excitement in your voice!! You ended today, I started today. The cycle continues!!! :) Pammy

Great news, Diane. And,

Great news, Diane. And, yes, you will heal. It may take a little while to regain your strength, but you will probably start noticing that things are a little better every day.

Joyce
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Diane I'm so happy for you
    You are always so positive and supportive I didn't even realize you were still in treatment. Congratualations to you and please keep that positive attitude :)

I'm so glad to hear it all over for you, but remember to get plenty of rest and that the healing is still going on, keep us informed on how you're doing, especially over the next couple of weeks.

As they say gentle hugs to you!!!!!!!!

Aurora
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    jk1952 said:

Great news, Diane. And,

Great news, Diane. And, yes, you will heal. It may take a little while to regain your strength, but you will probably start noticing that things are a little better every day.

Joyce

Really great news for you Diane! You must be so happy!

Congratulations!
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Wonderful News
    That's wonderful news, Diane! Here's to your healing!
    KC
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    chenheart said:

YAY
    Celebration is in order!

And yes, you will heal!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Yea for you Diane! What a
    Yea for you Diane! What a great day! Doesn't it feel good to be done?

Now get out and live your life!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Congrats
    Congrats on finishing your rads.

Margo

Yes, congrats on finishing
    Yes, congrats on finishing radiation! You did it! And, yes, you will heal up. Just keep using your creams and be careful with your skin. And, remember NO sun!

Enjoy

Leeza
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Congrats Diane
    See how this thing works? One has finished (Diane) and another just getting started (Pammy), we just continue to move along through all the phases of killing the beast.
    Congrats again!
    Cat
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    cats_toy said:

Congrats Diane
    See how this thing works? One has finished (Diane) and another just getting started (Pammy), we just continue to move along through all the phases of killing the beast.
    Congrats again!
    Cat

Way to go Diane! Congrats
    Way to go Diane! Congrats to you! This is a huge milestone to complete! Be sure and take care of yourself even still!

Hugs to you, Susie
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Wow, huge accomplishment! Yes, you will heal. Now that you're done, hopefully you'll be surprised at quickly it happens.

Good for you! It IS wonderful, and freeing.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Congratulations!
    Wow, huge accomplishment! Yes, you will heal. Now that you're done, hopefully you'll be surprised at quickly it happens.

Good for you! It IS wonderful, and freeing.

Diane
    Congrats Diane! You are done with rads! Doesn't it feel great? But, remember to keep taking care of your skin. It will still be cookin for a few weeks. And, you might feel a lil lost at first since you won't have the everyday routine. Just rest and do fun stuff. Look at my pic and see how happy I was on my last day of rads! I actually missed it though. So, I see most of the techs almost every week or so. Lunch, shopping or I just stop by if I am in the big city! Liz, the rad tech in the pic adopted me as a Mother. She is a sweetie. I talk to her and see her often. You take care and heal quickly!

Love, Jeanne
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Diane
    Congrats Diane! You are done with rads! Doesn't it feel great? But, remember to keep taking care of your skin. It will still be cookin for a few weeks. And, you might feel a lil lost at first since you won't have the everyday routine. Just rest and do fun stuff. Look at my pic and see how happy I was on my last day of rads! I actually missed it though. So, I see most of the techs almost every week or so. Lunch, shopping or I just stop by if I am in the big city! Liz, the rad tech in the pic adopted me as a Mother. She is a sweetie. I talk to her and see her often. You take care and heal quickly!

Love, Jeanne

A great big CONGRATULATIONS
    A great big CONGRATULATIONS Diane! It feels so good to be done finally, doesn't it? I hope you are out celebrating big! You deserve it! You will heal up, just take care of yourself.

Hugs, Kristin