Options
2»

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    cats_toy said:

foreign language?
    Sounds like some weird foreign language to me. I have never seen Princess Bride, but I love Mandy Patinkin, am I missing something good?

=^..^=

The movie "The Princess
    The movie "The Princess Bride" is from 1987, it is Rob Reiner's first movie ( I think!) and it stars not just Mandy Patinkin, but it is Robin Wright's first movie too. Also starring Andre the Giant, Peter Falk, Billy Crystal and Carol Kane among others. It is funny and well done, and actually quite a "cult classic" as it were. Mandy's character is avenging his father's death, thus the "you killed my father, prepare to die" line, and the Priest who is officiating the Princess Bride's wedding has a speech impediment and talks of the importance of Twu-Wuv and Maa-widge.

The premise is a grandfather ( Peter Falk) reading a book (The Princess Bride) to his adolescent grandson ( Fred Savage), and the book comes to life as it is being read to him.

It's a goodie!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • chenheart
    Options
    cats_toy said:

foreign language?
    Sounds like some weird foreign language to me. I have never seen Princess Bride, but I love Mandy Patinkin, am I missing something good?

=^..^=

The movie "The Princess
    The movie "The Princess Bride" is from 1987, it is Rob Reiner's first movie ( I think!) and it stars not just Mandy Patinkin, but it is Robin Wright's first movie too. Also starring Andre the Giant, Peter Falk, Billy Crystal and Carol Kane among others. It is funny and well done, and actually quite a "cult classic" as it were. Mandy's character is avenging his father's death, thus the "you killed my father, prepare to die" line, and the Priest who is officiating the Princess Bride's wedding has a speech impediment and talks of the importance of Twu-Wuv and Maa-widge.

The premise is a grandfather ( Peter Falk) reading a book (The Princess Bride) to his adolescent grandson ( Fred Savage), and the book comes to life as it is being read to him.

It's a goodie!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • chenheart
    Options
    chenheart said:

The movie "The Princess

It's a goodie!

Hugs,
    Claudia

WOW! Either my answers do
    WOW! Either my answers do not post at all, or they post 3 or 4 times...I don't know what to even think about that!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    chenheart said:

WOW! Either my answers do not post at all, or they post 3 or 4 times...I don't know what to even think about that!

Hugs,
    Claudia

LOL
    Claudia..........you are a Riot!...OK I'll rent it and play catch up/love fred savage and peter falk......Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Claudia

What is so funny about your
    What is so funny about your multiple posts is that our Christmas Girl was clueless and wanted to stay that way. Too Funny. And Tasha I think you will really like the movie.
    Stef