Options
2»

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    j916 said:

UPDATE
    I decided to call my "friend" last night and let her know that i was looking into alternate transportation, and when she asked why, i told her that i wanted someone that would be able to stay the whole time...and listed off the reasons. Unfortunately, i did start to cry a little, not a complete boo hoo session, but i know that my voice didn't sound normal. She started saying that no...their schedules had changed, that she was staying the whole time, that she completely agreed and understood why i would want someone there...??????

Anyway...we talked quite awhile, i feel better...not only to clear the air about tomorrow, but also to clear the air about a wonderful friend that up until this incident has been incredibly supportive, which is probably why this threw me such a curve.

I don't think i would have had the mindset, or the courage to talk to her about it if it were not for you lovely ladies...thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support.
    Jeanne

Glad you cleared the air
    Glad you cleared the air with your friend. She may not have realized how traumatic this all is for you. I always feel that any surgery or procedure can be emotionally difficult for the person and I would always want to stay with someone that I volunteered to drive. Perhaps because you have been through so much more, she felt you would be okay alone. Glad she has a better understanding and if she has been a supportive friend up until this I will chalk it up to her just not thinking it through from your perceptive. I take back my bad words that I was thinking about her.
    Stef
    Stef
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    j916 said:

UPDATE
    I decided to call my "friend" last night and let her know that i was looking into alternate transportation, and when she asked why, i told her that i wanted someone that would be able to stay the whole time...and listed off the reasons. Unfortunately, i did start to cry a little, not a complete boo hoo session, but i know that my voice didn't sound normal. She started saying that no...their schedules had changed, that she was staying the whole time, that she completely agreed and understood why i would want someone there...??????

Anyway...we talked quite awhile, i feel better...not only to clear the air about tomorrow, but also to clear the air about a wonderful friend that up until this incident has been incredibly supportive, which is probably why this threw me such a curve.

I don't think i would have had the mindset, or the courage to talk to her about it if it were not for you lovely ladies...thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support.
    Jeanne

Nice to hear
    So glad to hear that your situation has improved and that your friend has reconsidered your position. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers.

Big Hugs,

RE