Phoenixrising aka Jan

Options
2»

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Aw gee thanks. Yea, we have
    Aw gee thanks. Yea, we have lots of pics of him. That guy sure needs his lovin! When my hair was long, he would look at it with this look in his eye and then crawl up under it with his paws around my neck and purr and drool and knead with his paws. He loves long hair. Is your Sassy like that??

That pic of your kitty is so
    That pic of your kitty is so funny! Upside down - lol
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

That pic of your kitty is so
    That pic of your kitty is so funny! Upside down - lol

lol I love that cat!

lol I love that cat!
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Cats
    Cats are something arnt they. My cats best friend was a full grown pit bull. You never saw funny till you saw Ollie the cat chasing Max the dog around the house in a game of tag. These 2 would wrestle, and they slept together every night on Max's bed.
    Happy Smiles
    Tjhay
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    tjhay said:

Cats
    Cats are something arnt they. My cats best friend was a full grown pit bull. You never saw funny till you saw Ollie the cat chasing Max the dog around the house in a game of tag. These 2 would wrestle, and they slept together every night on Max's bed.
    Happy Smiles
    Tjhay

Geez, I'd like to see that.
    Geez, I'd like to see that. It would be a hoot!! Some pit bulls just don't live up to their reputation LOL
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have a cat.....
    Not that I'm feeling left out or anything...(sigh). But I do have a dear friend in AZ who breeds Cornish Rex and Sphinx cats. Does that count?? She sends me pics of her new litters and I help her name the ones she keeps.
    That's kind of close to having my own cat, right? Because I really DO like cats too!

CR
  • CR1954
    Options
    Now Cat.......
    About those critters that you share your corner of the world with. Bobcats and rattlesnakes. I shudder at the thought!

I think I will stick with my white tail deer, raccoons and the occasional fox and coyote! They are enough wildlife for me!

CR
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Well, I don't have a cat.....
    Not that I'm feeling left out or anything...(sigh). But I do have a dear friend in AZ who breeds Cornish Rex and Sphinx cats. Does that count?? She sends me pics of her new litters and I help her name the ones she keeps.
    That's kind of close to having my own cat, right? Because I really DO like cats too!

CR

Absolutely!! It counts alot
    Absolutely!! It counts alot :) The Cornish Rex and Sphinx cats sound interesting, you shoud post some pics of them.
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Now Cat.......
    About those critters that you share your corner of the world with. Bobcats and rattlesnakes. I shudder at the thought!

I think I will stick with my white tail deer, raccoons and the occasional fox and coyote! They are enough wildlife for me!

CR

where's your pioneer spirit?
    we have deer too, raccoons, coyotes(they run in packs), bears, possums, skunks, and the occasional bunny rabbit. I have heard there is also a mountain lion in the area, but I have never seen it. Hawks nest in the same tree behind our house every year, now we have orioles that have nested in our yard for the third year, just saw the baby today all fuzzy like my kitty. Cranes come by to try catching my koi, and of course all the rattlesnakes, racer snakes, lizards, etc. I am constantly taking snakes and lizards from my cats. Even found a baby tarantula wandering the front porch one night. Love having all the critters around, but that does make me bring my cats in every night.

=^..^=
  • CR1954
    Options
    cats_toy said:

where's your pioneer spirit?
    we have deer too, raccoons, coyotes(they run in packs), bears, possums, skunks, and the occasional bunny rabbit. I have heard there is also a mountain lion in the area, but I have never seen it. Hawks nest in the same tree behind our house every year, now we have orioles that have nested in our yard for the third year, just saw the baby today all fuzzy like my kitty. Cranes come by to try catching my koi, and of course all the rattlesnakes, racer snakes, lizards, etc. I am constantly taking snakes and lizards from my cats. Even found a baby tarantula wandering the front porch one night. Love having all the critters around, but that does make me bring my cats in every night.

=^..^=

Rabbits...
    We are overrun with deer and rabbits here. Lots of raccoons, but we have a real problem with rabies, so most raccoons and skunks that we see are actually rabid.
    The Health Dept. drops rabies vaccine by air a couple of times every summer. It's in some kind of cube food. Supposedly, it will prevent rabies IF an animal eats it. Beats me. We just make sure dogs & goats are up to date on vaccinations.

Tarantulas too!!! Did you ever hear the song "I Don't Like Spiders And Snakes"? I avoid if I can. LOL!

CR
  • CR1954
    Options

Absolutely!! It counts alot
    Absolutely!! It counts alot :) The Cornish Rex and Sphinx cats sound interesting, you shoud post some pics of them.

Jan......
    They have very short, wavy hair and are very lean and lanky looking. I will see if I can hunt up some pictures of her youngsters and put them on Expressions page.

CR