Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    djteach said:

My Dear Ladygardener,
    I to

My Dear Ladygardener,

I to have stage 4 b/c. I felt exactly the way you did when I was told. And then all of the literature I could find said I only had a 20% chance to survive 2 years. Another blow that left me weak. I refused to believe it and asked my onc. about these statistics. She told me that this was from old research and no longer valid. Many studies are now raising the percentages because too many of us are LIVING!!! I was diagnosed with stage 4 in 2005 with mets to my vertebrae. I immediately had a nodule in my right lung that proved to be mets. They have me on tamoxifen and it has kept the nodule from growing. I go Aug. 5 for my 4 mo. check up and I don't expect any surprises. Aug. is my 4 year cancerversarry. I have been living with cancer for 4 years and I plan on many more years!!!!

I want you to know that you are not alone and that stage 4 is not a death sentence. We will live and live well! I truly believe this.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna

Adding my good luck for you
    Adding my good luck for you Donna! I will be sending you postive good thoughts all day!

Hugs, Noel
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Thank you for the prayers,
    Thank you for the prayers, may God bless you and keep you close.

Ladygardner, I hope you
    Ladygardner, I hope you check in with us soon to let us know how you are doing!

Think of you often!
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    chickad52 said:

Lady
    It's just a number. Doctors don't know for sure. A friend was diagnosed 4 years ago with stage 4 lung cancer and she is stiil here to give it her all!! She stays positive and won't give up the fight!! We are here for you!! Lots of HUGS and PRAYERS TO YOU!!:) Diane

Lady
    Some how I missed this when you first posted, I'm so glad to see that you're checking in and posting, and keeping your spirts up. I too will put you on my prayer list. You are not a satistic and you can beat this.

There are many here and through out the world who've beat this beast, and you can too.

We are always here for you, please let us know how you're doing.

May God Bless You Always

Aurora