Twenty-three months +

Options

Comments

• ladygardner
    ladygardner Member Posts: 15
    Options
    LRM216 said:

There but for the grace of God........
    I want to tell you just how sorry I am to hear of the second cancer. Please, please to to the Breastcancer.org forum and sign in there. Go to the Stage IV thread and meet all the ladies alive and well 5 and 10 years since they were restaged at IV. Run, don't walk and all my blessing and well wishes for you.

Linda

Thank you Linda, I will
    Thank you Linda, I will check out that forum. Bless you.
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options

Thank you Linda, I will
    Thank you Linda, I will check out that forum. Bless you.

Dear Ladygardner
    I just signed on about an hour ago and read all the posts in response to your initial post. I am so sorry for your dx.

I must concur with the ladies here, there is always hope. I was dignosed 3 and 1/2 years ago and was told that I have a 70% chance of not seeing my daughter's 30th b-day (she is my only child). I think about this from time to time, but it ruins the beautiful days that could have been mine. So, I chose not to think about it and I am successful (well, most of the time).

You sound like a fighter, we are all fighters here, and we will be fighting right alongside you. When I log off here, I will be saying a special healing prayer for you and all folks on this bc site. We are all scared of what might be, but remember the word "might" is not "will." Women have beat it, you can, too. Much has happened in research and treatment of cancer is you were a child, that alone can bring you (any of us) a miracle.

I recently started reading the book, "There's No Place Like Hope" and I cannot go to bed without reading a passage or two. I found hope in this little book when I thought there was none. I also found hope here on the boards, where we all become friends so quickly, and the love we share amongst ourselves is so very special that I really don't know how to put it into words.

My friend, remember--there IS always hope! Hope may not heal us, but without it we cannot go on to be healed. You are in my prayers.
    dmc
  • ladygardner
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

Dear Ladygardner
    I just signed on about an hour ago and read all the posts in response to your initial post. I am so sorry for your dx.

I must concur with the ladies here, there is always hope. I was dignosed 3 and 1/2 years ago and was told that I have a 70% chance of not seeing my daughter's 30th b-day (she is my only child). I think about this from time to time, but it ruins the beautiful days that could have been mine. So, I chose not to think about it and I am successful (well, most of the time).

You sound like a fighter, we are all fighters here, and we will be fighting right alongside you. When I log off here, I will be saying a special healing prayer for you and all folks on this bc site. We are all scared of what might be, but remember the word "might" is not "will." Women have beat it, you can, too. Much has happened in research and treatment of cancer is you were a child, that alone can bring you (any of us) a miracle.

I recently started reading the book, "There's No Place Like Hope" and I cannot go to bed without reading a passage or two. I found hope in this little book when I thought there was none. I also found hope here on the boards, where we all become friends so quickly, and the love we share amongst ourselves is so very special that I really don't know how to put it into words.

My friend, remember--there IS always hope! Hope may not heal us, but without it we cannot go on to be healed. You are in my prayers.
    dmc

Thank you for the prayer's
    Thank you for the prayer's and you all have given me hope - this is the third time - you know what they say "the third time is the charm" or something like that. The only good thing out of all these three bouts with cancer is I have lost 53 pounds since 2004. I am now at 170 - ha ha
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    LadyGardner
    Sounds like you have been going through so much these past years, sorry to hear that it is back. Sounds like you have a positive attitude, and yes, you will kick it again. Sending prayers your way

Cat
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Thank you for the prayer's and you all have given me hope - this is the third time - you know what they say "the third time is the charm" or something like that. The only good thing out of all these three bouts with cancer is I have lost 53 pounds since 2004. I am now at 170 - ha ha

Sending you lots of prayers!
    Sending you lots of prayers! Please keep us posted. You are a fighter!
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options
    This is only my second time
    This is only my second time logging in here and a new member. First, i want to tell you that you are definatly in my prayers and i hope that brings you comfort. The other night i could not sleep and i want to share something with you about that night. I am not preaching to you or anything, so please dont take offense. I believe in god and know he is with me. I do not attend church and am far from a saint. When i couldnt sleep i dug out my bible from a box for some reason, prayed before i opened it that god would guide me to what i needed to hear or read to comfort me. The feeling inside me once i opened that book and began reading was amazing. I have never really ever read the bible, but god put it in my mind to do so, and i am so glad he did. Peace finally came over me. I am just beginning my journey with breast cancer and i have no idea what lies ahead. But, i know for sure that i have god in my heart and he will give me my strength and faith to go on. I also know that im still going to have bad days, but i also know that having faith will make it easier. I now have the strength to fight this and i know i will win.
  • dmc_emmy
    Options
    lolad said:

This is only my second time logging in here and a new member. First, i want to tell you that you are definatly in my prayers and i hope that brings you comfort. The other night i could not sleep and i want to share something with you about that night. I am not preaching to you or anything, so please dont take offense. I believe in god and know he is with me. I do not attend church and am far from a saint. When i couldnt sleep i dug out my bible from a box for some reason, prayed before i opened it that god would guide me to what i needed to hear or read to comfort me. The feeling inside me once i opened that book and began reading was amazing. I have never really ever read the bible, but god put it in my mind to do so, and i am so glad he did. Peace finally came over me. I am just beginning my journey with breast cancer and i have no idea what lies ahead. But, i know for sure that i have god in my heart and he will give me my strength and faith to go on. I also know that im still going to have bad days, but i also know that having faith will make it easier. I now have the strength to fight this and i know i will win.

lolad-welcome
    It takes the power of many to fight this disease and it sounds like you have the right attitude and spirit to fight long and hard. It also takes a strong internal strength that comes from a source stronger than ourselves.

On the boards here, we have all unified to become one "family" and life-long friends. We are here to help each other on their journey as they face this most fearful enemy called, "cancer".

Whatever gives you that internal strength will be what will lead to where you ought to be. I don't know, none of know, the ulitmate outcome of our illness. However, I do know that all of us have grown in ways that may not happened without our dx. Though we may be struck with depression, anger, pity, and fear, we have also be given an uncanny strength to help other survivors on this site. It is truly remarkable that, though we have not physically met, that we can be so bonded.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you fight your own personal battle with cancer. We will be with you every step of the way.
    dmc
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Ladygardner, sending you all
    Ladygardner, sending you all of the positive thoughts and prayers that I can!
  • ladygardner
    Options
    lolad said:

Lolad
    Thank you and the others for the prayer's and I certainly appreciate you sharing your experience with God leading you to read the Bible. I am a Christian and I too, don't attend church tho I am planning on going this Sunday nite - I want to be baptised. I study the Bible with Shepherds Chapel on TV - Pastor Arnold Murray - I would love to attend their church and be baptised by him. I will pray for you and all on this list.
  • dmc_emmy
    Options

Lolad
    Thank you and the others for the prayer's and I certainly appreciate you sharing your experience with God leading you to read the Bible. I am a Christian and I too, don't attend church tho I am planning on going this Sunday nite - I want to be baptised. I study the Bible with Shepherds Chapel on TV - Pastor Arnold Murray - I would love to attend their church and be baptised by him. I will pray for you and all on this list.

Lady
    I just finished the book "There's No Place Like Hope" by Vickie Girard. She was diagnosed with terminal cancer and was expected to live, at best, 18 months after being dx with stage 4 cancer. She lived 15 years.

She was treated at CTCA (Cancer Treatment Center of America), phone number 800-615-3055. I don't know, but maybe they could help you fight this cancer and, like Vickie, you could win.

There's always hope, Lady, pls don't let anyone give you a timeline. Only God knows when it's your time, not your doctors, not the stats, nothing. Vickie said that with hope you can fight and find a cure, but hope will not cure.

dmc
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    You have my prayers
    So sorry to hear that you have to go through treatment again. My prayers are with you. The doctors don't know everything, that's my experience. Statistics are only numbers and you are not a number. I share my best wishes for you with all the other readers and posters here. Love, Lynn
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

You have my prayers
    So sorry to hear that you have to go through treatment again. My prayers are with you. The doctors don't know everything, that's my experience. Statistics are only numbers and you are not a number. I share my best wishes for you with all the other readers and posters here. Love, Lynn

Saying lots of prayers for
    Saying lots of prayers for you! So very sorry!
  • ladygardner
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

Lady
    I just finished the book "There's No Place Like Hope" by Vickie Girard. She was diagnosed with terminal cancer and was expected to live, at best, 18 months after being dx with stage 4 cancer. She lived 15 years.

She was treated at CTCA (Cancer Treatment Center of America), phone number 800-615-3055. I don't know, but maybe they could help you fight this cancer and, like Vickie, you could win.

There's always hope, Lady, pls don't let anyone give you a timeline. Only God knows when it's your time, not your doctors, not the stats, nothing. Vickie said that with hope you can fight and find a cure, but hope will not cure.

dmc

dmc_emmy
    Thank you so much for the info on the book - I will see if my library has it - I keep praying - and fighting. Thank you and may God bless you.
  • ladygardner
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

You have my prayers

Lynn
    Thank you - one never has too many prayers - God bless.
  • ladygardner
    Options

Saying lots of prayers for
    Saying lots of prayers for you! So very sorry!

Thank you for the prayers,
    Thank you for the prayers, may God bless you and keep you close.
  • jojo elizapest
    jojo elizapest Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Fran Drescher said Cancer
    Fran Drescher said Cancer Schmancer...and there are days when saying this aloud as nasally as possible helps me!

Another thing that helps is cruising the postings at http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8 and especially paying attention for ER+ PR+ HER- women like me...and noting their dx date....2004, 1998, 1995, 2006 etc.

Another thing that helped was the vibrating panties scene in the new movie Ugly Truth....too funny!!

Hang in there...Jojo
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options

Lynn
    Thank you - one never has too many prayers - God bless.

Lady
    It's just a number. Doctors don't know for sure. A friend was diagnosed 4 years ago with stage 4 lung cancer and she is stiil here to give it her all!! She stays positive and won't give up the fight!! We are here for you!! Lots of HUGS and PRAYERS TO YOU!!:) Diane
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Options
    My Dear Ladygardener,
    I to

My Dear Ladygardener,

I to have stage 4 b/c. I felt exactly the way you did when I was told. And then all of the literature I could find said I only had a 20% chance to survive 2 years. Another blow that left me weak. I refused to believe it and asked my onc. about these statistics. She told me that this was from old research and no longer valid. Many studies are now raising the percentages because too many of us are LIVING!!! I was diagnosed with stage 4 in 2005 with mets to my vertebrae. I immediately had a nodule in my right lung that proved to be mets. They have me on tamoxifen and it has kept the nodule from growing. I go Aug. 5 for my 4 mo. check up and I don't expect any surprises. Aug. is my 4 year cancerversarry. I have been living with cancer for 4 years and I plan on many more years!!!!

I want you to know that you are not alone and that stage 4 is not a death sentence. We will live and live well! I truly believe this.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    djteach said:

My Dear Ladygardener,
    I to

My Dear Ladygardener,

I to have stage 4 b/c. I felt exactly the way you did when I was told. And then all of the literature I could find said I only had a 20% chance to survive 2 years. Another blow that left me weak. I refused to believe it and asked my onc. about these statistics. She told me that this was from old research and no longer valid. Many studies are now raising the percentages because too many of us are LIVING!!! I was diagnosed with stage 4 in 2005 with mets to my vertebrae. I immediately had a nodule in my right lung that proved to be mets. They have me on tamoxifen and it has kept the nodule from growing. I go Aug. 5 for my 4 mo. check up and I don't expect any surprises. Aug. is my 4 year cancerversarry. I have been living with cancer for 4 years and I plan on many more years!!!!

I want you to know that you are not alone and that stage 4 is not a death sentence. We will live and live well! I truly believe this.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna

It is nice to see
    It is nice to see Ladygardner checking in. I hope you are doing well.

And, good luck to you Donna with your checkup and please let us know.

Hugs, Diane
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    djteach said:

My Dear Ladygardener,
    I to

My Dear Ladygardener,

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna

Wishing you good luck Donna
    Wishing you good luck Donna with your check up!

Hugs,

Kylez