Options
2»

Comments

• dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Alexis F said:

I agree with you guys. I
    I agree with you guys. I don't think we can let go of bc. How can we? But, as some of you said, you can choose to live your life fully or you can let bc rule it and ruin it. I choose to live a full life! I conquered bc! It is gone!

It's like saying...
    "Don't think about the pink elephant." So, I think about it (for a moment or two) and don't fight the thought. Then I let it go, I have to, or I won't live that day to the fullest.

True, some days are worse that others. There have been days when I don't think about bc at all and, at the end of the day (or, perhaps, a day or two later), it's like, "Wow! I didn't think about bc!" That's when I know I will beat this thing. It doesn't mean I change my odds, but it means that internally I have beaten cancer and it has not taken over my life. Isn't that all we can ask of ourselves--one day at time?
    dmc
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

It's like saying...
    "Don't think about the pink elephant." So, I think about it (for a moment or two) and don't fight the thought. Then I let it go, I have to, or I won't live that day to the fullest.

True, some days are worse that others. There have been days when I don't think about bc at all and, at the end of the day (or, perhaps, a day or two later), it's like, "Wow! I didn't think about bc!" That's when I know I will beat this thing. It doesn't mean I change my odds, but it means that internally I have beaten cancer and it has not taken over my life. Isn't that all we can ask of ourselves--one day at time?
    dmc

I hope that someday you do
    I hope that someday you do forget about it. I hope someday we all can and do! Luck to you!