Cancer tee shirts what do you think ??

Options
angelsbaby
angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi its michelle There are some t shirts i found on the internet that say cancer sucks some say fu.. colon cancer and i wanted to buy one and wear it so poeple can read it and maybe get them thinking about getting checked but i may offend alot of people , since you all are fighting hard because of the cancer would you be offened if you saw someone with that kind of t shirt on , because I don;t want to hurt peoples feelings , your input would be greatly appreciated..

michelle .

Ps my dryer won't heat up i wish angel was here he fixed it last time . well it hot enough in phoenix that i could put them outside and they would dry in 10 min and thats what i will be doing for a while

Comments

• krystle singer
    krystle singer Member Posts: 108
    Options
    Tee-shirts
    Hi, I'm an equal opportunity t-shirt wearer myself and would love one of the colon cancer shirts! I have a neice with the very same cancer; she is a beef cattle raiser and would probably wear one too. Chuck Norris t-shirts are my favorites.

Good info...thanx/

krystle singer
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    OMG!
    Hi Michelle! I think that's just great!! If i saw you wearing a shirt like that, i'd clap for you! Anything at all that brings awareness to this disease is a wonderful thing, no matter how it's worded. Sometimes shocking people is the best way to make them think about things. This disease sucks, and an early colonoscopy can prevent it. Which website did you find that? I'd be interested in getting one for everyone i know.

It's so great to see you! I hope you're doing well. You and Angel are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay cool out there in Phoenix!
    Many hugs,
    Krista
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    T-Shirt
    I bought a bright purple T-Shirt at last years Relay for Life that reads CANCER SUCKS in big white vinyl letters.

I don't wear it as much as I should because it is at the bottom of my T-Shirt draw, but since you wrote that great post, I will have to dig it out and WEAR IT PROUD!!!!!!!!
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    Website
    I love this website

http://shop.cafepress.com/cancer
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Offended?
    I would say to anyone who was offended F.U.
    But that's me
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Offended?
    I would say to anyone who was offended F.U.
    But that's me

LOL
    LMAO ..... I love Phil !!!
  • angelsbaby
    Options

LOL
    LMAO ..... I love Phil !!!

cafepress
    thats the website but i had to put the f-word after colon cancer on their search bar location because there were alot of pages to go threw so i used the f-word and it brought the pages i needed right up .You are all so awesome thanks for the input.

michelle
  • claud1951
    claud1951 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Heck yes,,,,,,I'd like to
    Heck yes,,,,,,I'd like to see that! >>grin>

I get my shirts (like that) from choosehope.com

Claudia
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    Options
    claud1951 said:

Heck yes,,,,,,I'd like to
    Heck yes,,,,,,I'd like to see that! >>grin>

I get my shirts (like that) from choosehope.com

Claudia

I go on a custom t-shirt
    I go on a custom t-shirt site and make my own. I wear them to the oncologist and the nurses get a kick out of it. The doc said he wanted one. Any one who has had cancer and has been a care taker has the right to laugh about it. As for the people who haven`t had to deal with it that would be offended , they have no idea. Do what you have to do to cope.

Eric
  • NWGirl
    NWGirl Member Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Didn't Like Mine
    A friend gave me one that read "Cancer Sucks" - I loved it. I wore it to an "end of chemo" celebration and surprisingly, found it very uncomfortable (mentally - not physically!), which really surpised me. It might have been because it was gray - my worst color. But I felt like I was wearing a big neon sign that said "I HAVE CANCER" - and I didn't want to draw attention to myself like that. I do want to raise cancer awareness, but not like that.

Maybe it's just me. I'm pretty comfortable with who I am. I don't worry about fashion, make up, hair, etc. I'm a classic northwest granola girl. But this shirt made me very uncomfortable - I still can't pinpoint exactly why.

If I saw someone wearing the shirt I would not be offended - in fact I'd probably give them a high five. For ME - I need to raise awareness in some other way. Go figure.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    NWGirl said:

Didn't Like Mine
    A friend gave me one that read "Cancer Sucks" - I loved it. I wore it to an "end of chemo" celebration and surprisingly, found it very uncomfortable (mentally - not physically!), which really surpised me. It might have been because it was gray - my worst color. But I felt like I was wearing a big neon sign that said "I HAVE CANCER" - and I didn't want to draw attention to myself like that. I do want to raise cancer awareness, but not like that.

Maybe it's just me. I'm pretty comfortable with who I am. I don't worry about fashion, make up, hair, etc. I'm a classic northwest granola girl. But this shirt made me very uncomfortable - I still can't pinpoint exactly why.

If I saw someone wearing the shirt I would not be offended - in fact I'd probably give them a high five. For ME - I need to raise awareness in some other way. Go figure.

Sucks
    Personally, I just hate that word. It always reminds me of someone substituting it for the "f" word which is a big no no for me. If they had sayings that were a little more subtle I definitely would wear one. I just would hate to offend anyone with cancer if it made them uncomfortable.

Kim
  • Cheryl Z
    Cheryl Z Member Posts: 36
    Options

Sucks
    Personally, I just hate that word. It always reminds me of someone substituting it for the "f" word which is a big no no for me. If they had sayings that were a little more subtle I definitely would wear one. I just would hate to offend anyone with cancer if it made them uncomfortable.

Kim

Hey there
    I just bought 2 shirts for hubby to wear from Choose Hope also. One says Cancer Sucks and the other says I have Chemo Brain, what's your excuse?
    He loves them
    Cheryl
  • tiny one
    tiny one Member Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    dryer
    I've thought about having a shirt made that said I fought colon cancer and I won. I want one without curse words. No I wouldn't be offended if I saw someone wearing one, I'd want to hear about their fight with the beast. Check your fuses maybe one blew and that's why the dryer isn't getting hot.
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329
    Options
    tiny one said:

dryer
    I've thought about having a shirt made that said I fought colon cancer and I won. I want one without curse words. No I wouldn't be offended if I saw someone wearing one, I'd want to hear about their fight with the beast. Check your fuses maybe one blew and that's why the dryer isn't getting hot.

No - not offended!
    I hate this disease so much that the only time I do cuss is when I talk about cancer! I have seen those shirts and was telling my dad about how I want one but I was afraid what others would think. He surprisingly said "what you have been through....I think you can wear what you want". When I am done with chemo, I do want to get the "I kicked cancers A$$ and won!"

I had my LIVESTRONG T-shirt on one day and was walking into Walmart and met a girl walking out with a "CANCER SUCKS" T-Shirt. We gave each other a big grin. I think people who go through this stuff undersand so well, and the people who haven't...well, they just need to get over it.
  • shoppergal
    shoppergal Member Posts: 118
    Options
    lmliess said:

No - not offended!
    I hate this disease so much that the only time I do cuss is when I talk about cancer! I have seen those shirts and was telling my dad about how I want one but I was afraid what others would think. He surprisingly said "what you have been through....I think you can wear what you want". When I am done with chemo, I do want to get the "I kicked cancers A$$ and won!"

I had my LIVESTRONG T-shirt on one day and was walking into Walmart and met a girl walking out with a "CANCER SUCKS" T-Shirt. We gave each other a big grin. I think people who go through this stuff undersand so well, and the people who haven't...well, they just need to get over it.

Definately not offended!!
    I say wear the shirt proudly and anyone who doesn't like it doesn't have to wear it. Cancer does suck no matter how you look at it, and its a way to make people aware of the disease. It might be like a smack in the face aware, but sometimes that's what it takes.

I'm so sorry for your loss,your Angel is now a real Angel watching over you.
  • angelsbaby
    Options

Definately not offended!!
    I say wear the shirt proudly and anyone who doesn't like it doesn't have to wear it. Cancer does suck no matter how you look at it, and its a way to make people aware of the disease. It might be like a smack in the face aware, but sometimes that's what it takes.

I'm so sorry for your loss,your Angel is now a real Angel watching over you.

Thanks so much
    I am going to get it and wear it, And angel did use the f word alot with his cancer so i am good with it And the shirt doesn't say the complete f word where the u goes they have a blue ribbon for that letter. And the dryer it the heat eliment so my brother in law is going to fix it friday. well take care all

michelle
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    My opinion
    FU gives the ugly connotation of words I don't use so I certainly wouldn't wear the shirt unless it was around a bunch of people who knew what it meant. Isn't the point of a T shirt to make a statement, so if people don't 'get it' it would be useless. ('m assuming we're talking about 5-FU)

I don't use the word 'sucks' because when it was first out there, it was an ugly term aimed at one group of people. Now it's common language, meaning something totally different. When I was a kid, we were all happy and gay. I find it weird that some websites don't allow the word 'crap' but allow the word 'sucks'. That's a load of crap!

I would NOT be offended by a shirt that said Cancer Sucks. It DOES! I would not wear one tho.

I thought about getting a shirt that says 'I was too much of a lady to get a colonoscopy... so I got colon cancer instead'.
  • iluvmms
    iluvmms Member Posts: 134 Member
    Options

My opinion
    FU gives the ugly connotation of words I don't use so I certainly wouldn't wear the shirt unless it was around a bunch of people who knew what it meant. Isn't the point of a T shirt to make a statement, so if people don't 'get it' it would be useless. ('m assuming we're talking about 5-FU)

I don't use the word 'sucks' because when it was first out there, it was an ugly term aimed at one group of people. Now it's common language, meaning something totally different. When I was a kid, we were all happy and gay. I find it weird that some websites don't allow the word 'crap' but allow the word 'sucks'. That's a load of crap!

I would NOT be offended by a shirt that said Cancer Sucks. It DOES! I would not wear one tho.

I thought about getting a shirt that says 'I was too much of a lady to get a colonoscopy... so I got colon cancer instead'.

shirt
    I love it!!!!