AIs/depression/what would YOU do

13»

Comments

• ladydi1
    ladydi1 Member Posts: 120
    cats_toy said:

Ladydi1
    Hope things get better for you. It sucks to have to take something that you know will make you feel bad. I have been on Arimidex for 18 months and have to say I am doing fairly well with it. Some bone pain and of course the hot flashes, but nothing like you. So I can only commend you for continuing. Maybe after a period of time, the side effects will lessen?
    Take care
    (I am from California too, SoCal. Whereabouts are you?)
    =^..^=

Northern CA
    Hi Cats_toy(love the name as I have 2 cats myself)
    Thanks for the encouragement. I'm from Danville, CA SF/East Bay area of N. CA.
    I too hope with time my body will adjust.
    Hugs,
    Ladydi1
  • JoMama54
    JoMama54 Member Posts: 78
    Noel said:

How do you stay on Arimidex
    How do you stay on Arimidex if it makes you that depressed? Can't you stop it or try another hormone replacement drug? I feel sorry for you. :( Noel

Depression
    I stay on it because the Femara I took earlier made me feel like I was 20 years older.
    I had an appt with my oncoligist last Wednesday and have decided to change Drs. he had no sympathay for me at all. I tried to talk to him about the anxiety I am having and he told me I needed to see a Cardiologist for my racing heart. He did prescribe me Effexor for the depression. Has anyone tried Effexor? An how do I go about finding a new Oncoligist?
    Thank,
    JoMama