IF IT Came back?

Options

Comments

• dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

The doctor said if it came
    The doctor said if it came back there wouldn't be anything they could do for me. I wonder about this as I see so many who had recurrance and still getting help.

When my oncologist said that
    My first oncologis was an excellent doctor, but he had no bedside manners. He told me, while I lay in the hospital bed very ill, "I don't know what more I can do for you" after I a severe drug reaction. I told my GP and he called him about it. The oncologist saw nothing wrong with what he said. I found another oncologist.

My new oncologist is fantastic and he would never say something so insensitve. When someone is going through cancer, you need supportive and caring people on your team. This fight is tough enough with that kind of a team, we don't need to make it any harder.

dmc
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

The doctor said if it came back there wouldn't be anything they could do for me. I wonder about this as I see so many who had recurrance and still getting help.

When my oncologist said that
    Marcia,
    My first oncologist was an excellent doctor, but he had no bedside manners. He told me, while I lay in thet hospital bed very ill, "I don't know what more I can do for you" after I a severe drug reaction. I told my GP and he called him about it. The oncologist saw nothing wrong with what he said. I found another oncologist.

My new oncologist is fantastic and he would never say something so insensitve. When someone is going through cancer, you need supportive and caring people on your team. This fight is tough enough with that kind of a team, we don't need to make it any harder.

dmc
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Unless it means coffee enemas while hanging from a chandelier...
    Don't make me come over there, Tasha! What, may I ask, are you doing posting such a creepy, yet thought provoking question while Jamie is visiting???? Why are you online when you should be doing something else and holding your sides from laughing and being silly with your son? If IT came back.....sheesh!

I thought you were wondering what we would do if our EX's came back....now that would be a no-brainer! LOL

As you said, Just asking.....

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Well.....
    Here's my thoughts....WOULDN'T THINK A NANO SECOND ABOUT DOING IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Now you know this is coming form some one who hasn't even made it to chemo (possibly), rads or tamoxifen (may be better to ask me this after). My sole reason.....OK, I'M FESSING UP.....I just love being treated like a queen!! Told you I would find something good out of this! Dinners cooked (well, my husband alsways did that anyway because I don't cook), Lots of Dairy Queen Blizzards, Godiva Chocolates, being waited on hand & foot, massages, laundry done, and I have a great excuse not to be working!! I know, I know, these are probably all the wrong reasons, but it FEELS soooooo gooood!! :) Pammy
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    yes
    Yes i want my children to have a mother around for a very long time.I like green side up. What about you tasha
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options

In a heartbeat...
    YES. Most definitely, without even the tiniest question, without a nanosecond of hesitation. As horrid as it would be, at least I'd know - REALLY know - what I'd be facing. Without all of the "fear of the unknown" - it'd actually be much easier. At least for me.

I'd say: BRRRING IT ON! (Of course, I'll continue to hope I won't have to...)

I will never, EVER be cancer victim.

I will always, FOREVER be a cancer survivor. 'Til my last breath.

Every moment of life itself - the good, and the bad - is so very worth it all.

I just wish our dear RE was here. Would love to read HER post on this thread - our noble THREE time survivor. We one-timers are mere Warrior Princesses. Our dear RE is our Warrior QUEEN.

Kind regards, Susan

And my response is...
    Amen to Susan's! Now that I've been through it and have some idea of what to expect,I would do it again-if I had to! But lets hope we all don't have to!
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

My onc told me
    that he couldn't use the same chemo drugs again,and my rads onc said that he couldn't radiate the same boob if I got it back in the same one.Kind of scary hearing that,but I understand why.
    If and when,I'll just have to think about my options all over again!
    Marcia,why did your onc say there would be nothing they could do?
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    karen0423 said:

YES!
    I am 7 years out from my dx and if it ever came back I would do it all over again, I did 12 weeks Herceptin/Navelbine, Mastectomy, 4 AC, 3 Taxol, 34 Rads, 40 weeks Herceptin and have been on Tamoxifen and Aromasin since (switched to Aromasin 2 years ago and will be on it indefinitely)...I would fight just as hard the "2nd" time around! Won't let this beat me.

Wow,
    what a warrior,Karen! You got hit with the big guns,didn't you?!
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Oh my my.. blood boiling
    Okay now my blood is boiling.. I can't believe that a doctor would have the total disregard for a persons emotions and say something like that... everyday they are coming out with new methods for treating different types of can... (can't bring myseft to say it)... and earlier detection... does he have a crystal ball... I say no and he is not psysic... what nerve!

Hugs to you Marsha..

~T
  • Derbygirl
    Derbygirl Member Posts: 198
    Options
    I'll do whatever it takes...
    I'll do whatever it takes... as long as the potential benefit is greater.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options

My onc told me
    that he couldn't use the same chemo drugs again,and my rads onc said that he couldn't radiate the same boob if I got it back in the same one.Kind of scary hearing that,but I understand why.
    If and when,I'll just have to think about my options all over again!
    Marcia,why did your onc say there would be nothing they could do?

I think it was for the same
    I think it was for the same reasons you gave. My cancer was very aggressive and they hit me with everything. But this was back in 2003/2004 and they have made advances. After treatment I was concerned about recurrance but I'm not so worried about it now. We did alter our life though. We moved back where the kids were living which is where we lived before cancer.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Derbygirl said:

I'll do whatever it takes...
    I'll do whatever it takes... as long as the potential benefit is greater.

If it came back, I would do
    If it came back, I would do everything that I could possibly do to fight it. Wouldn't everyone? I see the ones here that have had it back, like RE and Jeanne D and others and see how encouraging and upbeat they are. So, what do I have to complain about? Cheers to all of us survivors!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Being Stage III
    gives me the willies, because my chances of recurrence are quite a bit higher that II or I. I am a year out and still recovering emotionally from this round. I don't think I'll know the answer unless it happens. Lynn
  • The1percen
    The1percen Member Posts: 135
    Options
    2nd time??
    I have been reading the posts from everyone else and considering that "if" it is indeed the "C" word... I'm not even sure I want to go through it the 1st time! However I know that IS what I will have to do it, for my wife and daughters. I would have to believe the 2nd time would be easier in respect to knowing what to expect, but also that if reoccurred once, it might again. I have to admit I have and read through a couple of the other boards and "this" board seems to be "less scarey" than a few of the others. What really scares me right now is that every little "difference" I feel in my body is magnified wondering if it is another symptom of it spreading. I know... I am worrying TOO MUCH.
    Mike
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

2nd time??
    I have been reading the posts from everyone else and considering that "if" it is indeed the "C" word... I'm not even sure I want to go through it the 1st time! However I know that IS what I will have to do it, for my wife and daughters. I would have to believe the 2nd time would be easier in respect to knowing what to expect, but also that if reoccurred once, it might again. I have to admit I have and read through a couple of the other boards and "this" board seems to be "less scarey" than a few of the others. What really scares me right now is that every little "difference" I feel in my body is magnified wondering if it is another symptom of it spreading. I know... I am worrying TOO MUCH.
    Mike

I would hate to think it
    I would hate to think it would come back, but, I know that it can. But, I am doing everything possible to make sure that I am protected the best that I can. Having it is horrible, but, I am fighting it and will continue! Good luck to all of you!
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    jnl said:

I would hate to think it
    I would hate to think it would come back, but, I know that it can. But, I am doing everything possible to make sure that I am protected the best that I can. Having it is horrible, but, I am fighting it and will continue! Good luck to all of you!

Good question~
    I have asked myself off and on over the last 3 1/2 years. It came back (where it originated in the left side), and what if it made its way over to the healthy breast on the right? would i do it all over again?? I think I would, cause I see the faces of my family and I don't want to miss out on life with them. It would be a tough road to hoe as they say...but HOPEFULLY it won't cross over. Plus, I am young, and still relatively healthy (in my green eyes)
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options

Good question~
    I have asked myself off and on over the last 3 1/2 years. It came back (where it originated in the left side), and what if it made its way over to the healthy breast on the right? would i do it all over again?? I think I would, cause I see the faces of my family and I don't want to miss out on life with them. It would be a tough road to hoe as they say...but HOPEFULLY it won't cross over. Plus, I am young, and still relatively healthy (in my green eyes)

Greeneyed Girl
    I've never posted to you, but being a gardener (and a poor editor myself), I just had to laugh when you inadvertently wrote "a tough road to hoe." I always love your posts and your loving supportive nature so please, please, please, don't take this the wrong way. I'm just smiling at the thought of trying to hoe my gravel road - yikes, my garden is challenge enough! With love and laughter, Lynn
  • confused123
    confused123 Member Posts: 251
    Options

Good question~

Yes I would, have a lot to
    Yes I would, have a lot to live for.
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Most Definitely
    There is no question in my mind of going through it all over again. Even having just completed 36 rads and 6 chemos. I agree that next time I will not work full time all thru it. It is an exhaustive journey, but well worth the trip!
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Unless it means coffee enemas while hanging from a chandelier...
    Don't make me come over there, Tasha! What, may I ask, are you doing posting such a creepy, yet thought provoking question while Jamie is visiting???? Why are you online when you should be doing something else and holding your sides from laughing and being silly with your son? If IT came back.....sheesh!

I thought you were wondering what we would do if our EX's came back....now that would be a no-brainer! LOL

As you said, Just asking.....

Hugs,
    Claudia

OMG, what a horrible waste.........
    What a horrible waste of good coffee!!!

CR