Options
13»

Comments

• rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Hello, Y'all
    Thanks for your new messages, my friends. Pammy, I wish you did not have to wait for the oncotype test--you and your hubby-- and that it comes out with a low score, or risk of recurrence. Chemo is doable, and we will be here for you if you do need it. In the meantime, I know we all are hoping that you won't. Please keep us updated, ok?

I know I will have lots of questions for Kristin and everyone who is taking or has finished rads. I am SO ready to get started and get it over with. I am definitely bringing up the rear of the Spring Class of 2009. Probably I am now Class of Summer 2009. Oh, well. So happy that Nancy and Jackie are coming along nicely.

I especially appreciate having you all because I did have an upsetting experience at a restaurant yesterday. Along with my hat, clearly covering baldness, I am also sporting the disappearing eyebrow and eyelash look. Plus, big blue lines are all over my left side, running up to my throat and neck. That is, they can be seen if I don't wear a turtleneck, which I am not in this heat. So I look like a walking Etch-a-Sketch. The lines are for radiation. Altogether, not a conventional look.

Anyway, at the restaurant, two women looked upset as I seated myself behind their booth. They looked away and had the expression of people who had seen something that made them lose their appetite. No compassion or even pity. Just a sick look,as if they couldn't enjoy their food anymore because they had seen something so freakish. I, feeling angry as well as hurt, actually moved over so the one woman with the most disgusted look was facing me. She turned her head away again. So I knew it was me. It made them ill to look at me. I was very angry and then just hurt.

Thank you for caring and for your posts. I read them all and am strengthened in the bad times and good. I may not post as much for the next few days as I have to work and get things ready for the move to St. Louis. But I will check in, as will Joe, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Moopy

I hope that lady
    walked out of the restaurant and got hit by a semi!! (not really God) but Karma WILL GET HER!! I know the feeling though Moopy, and just can't imagine such rude and stupid people aren't outlawed.

One time (20+ years ago) I drove my mom home from Chemo and she was so sick we stopped at the nearest bathroom and she made it to the stall. I was outside waiting when two hotsy-totsy women pranced in and were whispering about that old drunk taking up their precious time in the bathroom. I marched up and got in their face and said "that is not a drunk in there that is my mother and she just finished her chemo treatment..anything else you want to know?" they turned red and left. As you can tell though i still remember there rudeness after all these years. and my only hope is still that my mom did not here them.

Moopy you are to sweet and beautiful to worry about these low-life people. And if beauty comes from the inside these women must have looked like monsters.

love and big big hugs, Jackie
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Hello, Y'all
    Thanks for your new messages, my friends. Pammy, I wish you did not have to wait for the oncotype test--you and your hubby-- and that it comes out with a low score, or risk of recurrence. Chemo is doable, and we will be here for you if you do need it. In the meantime, I know we all are hoping that you won't. Please keep us updated, ok?

I know I will have lots of questions for Kristin and everyone who is taking or has finished rads. I am SO ready to get started and get it over with. I am definitely bringing up the rear of the Spring Class of 2009. Probably I am now Class of Summer 2009. Oh, well. So happy that Nancy and Jackie are coming along nicely.

I especially appreciate having you all because I did have an upsetting experience at a restaurant yesterday. Along with my hat, clearly covering baldness, I am also sporting the disappearing eyebrow and eyelash look. Plus, big blue lines are all over my left side, running up to my throat and neck. That is, they can be seen if I don't wear a turtleneck, which I am not in this heat. So I look like a walking Etch-a-Sketch. The lines are for radiation. Altogether, not a conventional look.

Anyway, at the restaurant, two women looked upset as I seated myself behind their booth. They looked away and had the expression of people who had seen something that made them lose their appetite. No compassion or even pity. Just a sick look,as if they couldn't enjoy their food anymore because they had seen something so freakish. I, feeling angry as well as hurt, actually moved over so the one woman with the most disgusted look was facing me. She turned her head away again. So I knew it was me. It made them ill to look at me. I was very angry and then just hurt.

Thank you for caring and for your posts. I read them all and am strengthened in the bad times and good. I may not post as much for the next few days as I have to work and get things ready for the move to St. Louis. But I will check in, as will Joe, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Moopy

I am aghast at the behavior...
    ... (though, sadly, not totally surprised) of those two women you encountered in the restaurant. By their expressions and actions, we know they are small-minded, unsympathetic, and without an iota of compassion.

They ARE sick. Sick of heart. Like the Grinch - hearts all shriveled up, "two sizes too small"... Dear Moopy, your anger and hurt so understandable, and so unfortunate.

Wish I'd have been there. My part-Sicilian temper might've flared a bit. "Excuse me, maam? Is there A PROBLEM here?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? YOU look unwell!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?" Would've loved to embarrass THEM, if possible, in front of everyone else in that restaurant. Maybe not possible- so self-righteous. Disgusting.

Good for you, for strategically seating yourself. And, not cowing due to their utter rudeness. Geez, we're not contagious.

So sorry, Moopster. You know that most of us have "been there"...

Kind regards, Susan
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Hello, Y'all

Love, Moopy

Moopy
    So very sorry, but trying to look for the good in people, maybe one of them walked in your shoes before and could not handle it. If not, screw them. Ya I know easier said then done. What a horrible day huh. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Kathy
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    cats_toy said:

Joe and Moopy
    Thanks for the update! sounds like everything is going smoothly. Remember to find a good restaurant so that you can celebrate moving into the "summer home". Keep in touch both of you!
    Cat

Moopster!
    I had this problem in the local supermarket..........Two Hags giving me pitying looks.......They really Hosed me off!

Moopster........you are bigger than this..........Walk up to them and ask if they want to swap?........

Huge Hugs to you and HIM........
    Jxxxxxxx and Jxxxxxxxxx
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Hello, Y'all

Love, Moopy

Hey Moopy
    so glad you are holding your head up high and staring those women down. I had a couple of incidents, but not many, most people actually came up and told me how nice I looked (bald), so it is too bad there are some like you ran into, but don't EVER let them get you down. I know there is a song in there somewhere, but I really mean it.
    Rads are almost nothing compared to chemo, you have gone through the worst, so let yourself enjoy the new experiences, places, people.
    Take care and let us know when you get settled in to the new digs.
    =^..^=
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Hello, Y'all

Love, Moopy

I'm from the south side of Chicago and
    I'm not very big, but I learned early that I can make myself gigantic in order to stand up to ignorance. The behavior you encountered is the "Devil's Arithmetic" (book by Jane Yolen). You got in their face and you were bigger than them. I know you felt angry and hurt. Also feel PROUD. Love, Lynn
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    rjjj said:

I hope that lady
    walked out of the restaurant and got hit by a semi!! (not really God) but Karma WILL GET HER!! I know the feeling though Moopy, and just can't imagine such rude and stupid people aren't outlawed.

One time (20+ years ago) I drove my mom home from Chemo and she was so sick we stopped at the nearest bathroom and she made it to the stall. I was outside waiting when two hotsy-totsy women pranced in and were whispering about that old drunk taking up their precious time in the bathroom. I marched up and got in their face and said "that is not a drunk in there that is my mother and she just finished her chemo treatment..anything else you want to know?" they turned red and left. As you can tell though i still remember there rudeness after all these years. and my only hope is still that my mom did not here them.

Moopy you are to sweet and beautiful to worry about these low-life people. And if beauty comes from the inside these women must have looked like monsters.

love and big big hugs, Jackie

How sweet of you Jackie....
    Just to give you something else to think about....if you mother did her them, then she also heard her daughter coming to her defense. If my daughter did that, I would burst with pride!! How wonderful to know that your child loved you so much that she would risk such confrontation for you. How lucky your mother was to have you as a daughter. :) Pammy
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    rjjj said:

Jeanne
    Thanks for the nice compliments, I also look forward to your posts and loved looking at your expression page, and hearing all about Jeannies dream team.

I am trying to stay out of the sun very much. I really miss going fishing on the weekends but the radiologist said even in the shade by water you will get the reflection off it and could get pretty badly burned. I wonder how long after
    Rads we need to stay away from sun?

Enjoy your gardens Jeannie, and i love looking at pictures of them.
    hugs, jackie

Hi Jackie!
    You are welcome for the compliments! You deserve them!

I am glad that you like my posts and that you like my Expression page. I need to change some of the pictures of my flowers on there. I have a lot blooming now, not all, but a lot. I have been weeding and barking so much..lol And, I am proud and always will be of "Jeanne's Dream Team"! I still can't believe they named a team in my honor!

Yes, stay out of the sun Jackie! I know it is hard, especially since you like to go fishing, but, it isn't worth it. My radiation oncologist told me to never go in the sun again, but, I won't do that. lol I will probably stay out of it this year, but, next year, I am sure I will be back in it again. I have tanned ever since my first round of radiation 23 plus years ago and had no problem. And, I go to a dermatologist at least once a year to be checked and everything is fine.

So, just know that you are halfway thru! That is great! And, take care of your skin and get lots of rest! I think of you so often! Love, Jeanne