Options
13»

Comments

• HillBillyNana
    HillBillyNana Member Posts: 107
    Options
    mimivac said:

Flax not recommended for estrogen positive
    Yes, this is a good point. I hadn't heard about cherries though. Very interesting. My doctor doesn't recommend soy for estrogen negatives either. I drink rice milk... Thanks for this.

Mimi

Buttermilk
    Is buttermilk on the no no list same as milk?
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

which one?
    I am the blond on the right!! And before anyone starts with the blond jokes....trust me, it's all fake!! My true color is like my daughters (the one in the middle with her husband) and of course my dear hubby is on the left....:) Pammy

Pammy
    You and your daughter are both very beautiful...don't tell her I asked which one! teehee
    jackie
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

pic.
    Jackie, the picture of Pammy on my computer is her next to a large tree. I think I know which one she is. LOL.

Ha ha Mimi
    I would have known ROFLMAO
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

Hey guys
    I am looking for my

Hey guys
    I am looking for my perfect foods too, but flaxseed and cherries are on the no no list for estrogen+ people.....a lot of foods on the ACS diet are estrogen producing foods ...soy and milk also.....so ya gotta know your poison so to speak.....I started chemo last week and the only thing I want is milk....so I guess I'll worry about the estrogen later...

I heard the same thing... I
    I heard the same thing... I think it's important for us ++ people to check the lists against eachother... natural cancer fighting food, vs. estrogen producing foods. I have also found out that flax seed is an estrogen producer... just double check the lists against eachother.. (that is what I'm going to do).. and then eat healthy with a little cheating every now and then!

~T
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    taleena said:

I heard the same thing... I
    I heard the same thing... I think it's important for us ++ people to check the lists against eachother... natural cancer fighting food, vs. estrogen producing foods. I have also found out that flax seed is an estrogen producer... just double check the lists against eachother.. (that is what I'm going to do).. and then eat healthy with a little cheating every now and then!

~T

Not if er pr +
    You are right. Flax seed or linseed oil is not for us er pr postive people. Dang it :( And, I will most certainly cheat..lol I have to have junk food! lol
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Not if er pr +
    You are right. Flax seed or linseed oil is not for us er pr postive people. Dang it :( And, I will most certainly cheat..lol I have to have junk food! lol

Actually, although it's
    Actually, although it's probably better to be safe than sorry, they are actually doing a study right now comparing flax seed to arimidex. Apparently it's the mucilage in flax that is beneficial to er/pr pos bc patients. I searched through pubmed (which is the U.S. National library of Medicine and holds research journals from around the world) and could not find one article showing flax promoted tumour growth. Interestingly enough I found articles that showed flax enhanced Tamoxifen. The study is finished in 2010 so it will be interesting to see the results.

hugs
    jan
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    rjjj said:

Pammy
    You and your daughter are both very beautiful...don't tell her I asked which one! teehee
    jackie

You are soooo sweet Jackie!!
    My daughter is use to it. We like to think I get confused for her sister alot since I am so short, people just think I am younger!! (smiles). :0) Pammy
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Hi Everyone
    You can put flaxseed oil on any food. Some things I've done is make salad dressings with it, put a tbsp or so on soup or stews, put in yogurt, smoothies or even hot cereals. It has a unique taste but I really like it. Flaxseed oil should never be used for cooking as there are heat restrictions on it if you want to keep it from being damaged. The best is cold-pressed, organic and found in the refrigerator section of your health food store or grocery.

Joanna Budwig, a scientist, who either won or was nominated for the Nobel prize was a huge advocate of flax oil esp for breast cancer. She claims the oil is best taken with cottage cheese. It's called the Budwig Diet and can be found if you google it. The reason for the cottage cheese has something to do with the type of fat.

Ground flax is great added to pancakes or banana bread in place of some of the flour.

hugs
    jan

From what I have been
    From what I have been reading, flaxseed or linseed oil is not for ER or PR postive

survivors. And, most of the articles say to put it with cottage cheese.