I was diagnosed with breast cancer

Options

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

The thing I have to keep
    The thing I have to keep reminding myself over and over is... take one step at a time. Too much infomation can seem overwhelming, however educating yourself gives you power... At least that's how I feel about it. Hang in there....

Sending reassuring hugs your way.

~T

I agree with you taleena, To
    I agree with you taleena, To much information is overwhelming. On the other hand we need to know all that we can. You and I are at the beginning of this journey. We need to learn from other who have been were we are right now.
    Kathy
  • maryannrogers
    maryannrogers Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Angel,
    Keep us posted. I'm

Angel,

Keep us posted. I'm supposed to get the pathology report back either today or tomorrow. I'm not sure if that's going to be good or bad, but as far as I'm concerned it's already bad. I will also keep you posted. This site seems to help. You all sound so supportive.

Maryann
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

Angel,
    Keep us posted. I'm

Angel,

Keep us posted. I'm supposed to get the pathology report back either today or tomorrow. I'm not sure if that's going to be good or bad, but as far as I'm concerned it's already bad. I will also keep you posted. This site seems to help. You all sound so supportive.

Maryann

Angel and Mary Ann
    Sorry for the reason you both came to this site ... but now that you've found us I think you will realize you are among friends ... well actually ... more like family. We are here with unconditional love and acceptance. We are here for each other. We are here to share our knowledge and experiences ... and most of all ... support.

hugs.
    teena
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    It's scary now, but will settle down a bit after you get more information. Know we are here, day and night, to answer questions, give advice, give hugs and support....just like a big family!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Angel,
    Keep us posted. I'm

Angel,

Maryann

I just want to say that I
    I just want to say that I will be praying for good results for you today Maryann! Please keep us posted!
  • babebussie
    babebussie Member Posts: 150
    Options
    We all will help you through
    We all will help you through this. It's gonna be okay.

Babe
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Angel and Maryann
    Welcome to the boards. You will find support, encouragement, and experience here. Like T says, one step at a time. These weeks are overwhelming to say the least. Maryann, don't go crazy looking up your diagnosis on the internet. I know you are compelled to do so, but much of the information you will find is not credible and/or is out of context. Your doctor will know much more about your particular situation. Cancer is a very individual, complicated disease. The numbers are just numbers. They're not you.

Mimi
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Angel and Maryann
    Welcome to the boards. You will find support, encouragement, and experience here. Like T says, one step at a time. These weeks are overwhelming to say the least. Maryann, don't go crazy looking up your diagnosis on the internet. I know you are compelled to do so, but much of the information you will find is not credible and/or is out of context. Your doctor will know much more about your particular situation. Cancer is a very individual, complicated disease. The numbers are just numbers. They're not you.

Mimi

Too much information
    I agree with Mimi ... that sometimes you can drive yourself crazy looking up stuff on the internet ... and most of it probably doesn't apply to you. Instead it will just scare you and add more stress and worry and you don't need that now.

When I was firt diagnosed I looked on the internet ... but I just looked at the basics ... and not a lot of that technical/medical talk. I got the information which applied to ME from my surgeon ... and oncologist. Once I got MY diagnosis ... and plan of attack ... then I knew what I was dealing with ... and thank goodness ... that's when I found this discussion board. I've asked a zillion questions ... and gotten great answers and support. It's also been very rewarding to know that maybe I've been able to answer questions from others ... and I've been able to offer my support ... and "long-distance/virtual" hugs.

So anytime you need or want to "talk" ... we're here.

hugs.
    teena
  • jgridley
    jgridley Member Posts: 169
    Options
    Angel
    Angel,
    sorry for the dx...but you will find so much support here...I had the same response from
    my friends and family... if you have any questions, or just need to vent, you are at the right place.

Julie
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    jgridley said:

Angel
    Angel,
    sorry for the dx...but you will find so much support here...I had the same response from
    my friends and family... if you have any questions, or just need to vent, you are at the right place.

Julie

Angel and Maryanne
    Welcome to the family. So sorry you had to join but we are all here for you and we have been through it all......I'm not going to be a lot of help as I can barely remember my treatment, which ended less than a year ago....Just remember......If all of us got through it you sure as hell can...(I am a certified coward)...LOL

Good luck on your journey both of you. It is doable and you do come out the other side a much richer person.........

Huge Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • maryannrogers
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Angel and Maryanne
    Welcome to the family. So sorry you had to join but we are all here for you and we have been through it all......I'm not going to be a lot of help as I can barely remember my treatment, which ended less than a year ago....Just remember......If all of us got through it you sure as hell can...(I am a certified coward)...LOL

Good luck on your journey both of you. It is doable and you do come out the other side a much richer person.........

Huge Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am so happy I found this
    I am so happy I found this website. Thank you all for the advice on the internet. Exactly what my radiologist said.

Am supposed to get a call today or tomorrow to find out the report on pathology. I hope that goes fast. After July 1 I go on Medicare. I do have a supplemental insurance, but don't know how that will all work. Guess will worry about that later.

Love to you all.

Maryann

PS...I'd put my picture up here, but don't know how to do this.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options

I am so happy I found this
    I am so happy I found this website. Thank you all for the advice on the internet. Exactly what my radiologist said.

Am supposed to get a call today or tomorrow to find out the report on pathology. I hope that goes fast. After July 1 I go on Medicare. I do have a supplemental insurance, but don't know how that will all work. Guess will worry about that later.

Love to you all.

Maryann

PS...I'd put my picture up here, but don't know how to do this.

Maryann
    Drag and drop your pic to desktop. Then click in here to csn home...edit...picture and browse desktop and upload......We'd love to see you

Jxxxxxxxxxx
  • tcteach
    tcteach Member Posts: 27
    Options
    One month in, so I'm no expert!
    I was diagnosed at the end of April and I have found that you go through stages (kind of like when someone dies). I started out in shock, totally numb to it all. I didn't want to know anything about it, just wanted to get it out of my body. From the time I discovered the lump (march 27) until my lumpectomy (May 8th), everything went so fast ---mammograms, ultrasounds, biopsies, MRI, appointments --that I stayed numb.

Now, I think I am entering the anger stage. I'm pissed I have this disease and I am constantly questioning my treatment. I am trying to learn all I can so that I can "combat" myself against it!

You will have good days and bad days, but know that you are not alone!

Tricia :)
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    tcteach said:

One month in, so I'm no expert!
    I was diagnosed at the end of April and I have found that you go through stages (kind of like when someone dies). I started out in shock, totally numb to it all. I didn't want to know anything about it, just wanted to get it out of my body. From the time I discovered the lump (march 27) until my lumpectomy (May 8th), everything went so fast ---mammograms, ultrasounds, biopsies, MRI, appointments --that I stayed numb.

Now, I think I am entering the anger stage. I'm pissed I have this disease and I am constantly questioning my treatment. I am trying to learn all I can so that I can "combat" myself against it!

You will have good days and bad days, but know that you are not alone!

Tricia :)

Tricia - I am pretty much on
    Tricia - I am pretty much on the same path as you. Found out in april, did all the test, surgery last wednesday (lumpectomy ) sen node positive , 10 nodes removed waiting on path report. Like the 12 step program.
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Angel I'm so sorry to hear
    Angel I'm so sorry to hear about your dx, but it's great that you have found this site. When you need someone to talk with you, even in the wee hours of the morning, someone will likely be on this site to lean on and be a good listener. When I found this site last month, it has been my saving grace and a place for me to cry and even to laugh.

In time, we all come to accept the journey we have been sent on and find a way to cope. You will find your way to make it through, we all do, and all the women who enter this site are here to help you along the way.

You're in my thoughts and prayers, as you are in the thoughts and prayers of all of us who are traveling along side you.

dmc
  • dmc_emmy
    Options

Thinking of you...
    Just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you. My mom was just diagnosed probably at the same time as you--and I have been a roller coaster of emotions. The first day I was incredibly angry and the second day all I could do was cry. Then had to start thinking toward the future...

I have devoured the internet to just learn about this. To me, education is powerful. And I have found this group to be so full of wisdom--

God bless...
    Kathy

For you and your mom
    Kathy,
    I'm sorry to hear about your mom. My daughter was only 18 when I was diagnosed with invasive bc and she was a wonderful caregiver. I am indebted to her for her love and support. She too was angry, this is normal. We also had our share of tears together, too.

You sound like a very wise and caring person and your mother is blessed to have you on her care-giving team. No one goes through cancer alone, it takes many to make it through the chain of emotions that bombard everyone who is touched by it.

I am thinking of you and praying that you stay strong. You have the support of an entire network, it's truly an amazing thing to imagine that all these people are there to listen to your story and give you the strength to carry on.

Education is a powerful thing, but just having a place to share with others who truly understand is equally as powerful. I'm glad that you found this site and maybe we'll hear from your mom when she is ready.

dmc
  • dmc_emmy
    Options

Angel,,,,,I'm so sorry. I
    Angel,,,,,I'm so sorry. I just found out this past week I have breast cancer also. I had a biopsy this past Friday and found out it was most likely invasive lobular carcinoma. Will know more when the pathologist report comes back and see a surgeon. Have been going through so many emotions, not to say I'm scared to death. Had a mammogram last December which came out fine. My daughter who is an MRI tech said they needed some volunteers to check the machine and asked if I wanted to have this done since it wouldn't cost nothing. She said as soon as the dye was injected it all showed up. Of course, she couldn't say anything until the radiologist read it and contacted me. Thank God they got me in for a biopsy Friday and that's where I am again. Just going CRAZY.

Welcome Maryann
    Maryann,

As so many othes have already said, "Welcome, but sorry that you came for this reason." I know that when the dr says, "Cancer," your mind goes into a state of disbelief. "Are you talking to me?" "There must be some mistake." "Are you sure you've got the right room?" When reality hits, it's a flood of emotions that don't make any more sense than the onslaught of crazy thoughts.

But, somehow, you find a way to move on. How and when you take those steps is up to you, and you do it in your own time and in your own way. I wish you well and glad that you found this site and didn't wait as long as me to actually log on. The ladies on this site are amazing!

It's okay to go "crazy," it's really the only thing that makes sense. We have all been there, we are all still there, but that's what brings us all together. It's fate that connected us, but it's love and understanding that will keep us together.

Hang in there, there's many prayers coming your way...

dmc
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Hi Angel. I am so sorry
    Hi Angel. I am so sorry that you found this site as a result of being

diagnosed with bc. Just know that we are all here to help you in anyway that we can! This

is a great support group, so, take advantage of us. Hugs, Jeanne
  • maryannrogers
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Hi Angel. I am so sorry
    Hi Angel. I am so sorry that you found this site as a result of being

diagnosed with bc. Just know that we are all here to help you in anyway that we can! This

is a great support group, so, take advantage of us. Hugs, Jeanne

I got the call yesterday
    I got the call yesterday evening from the doctor. The preliminary pathology test came in as "invasive lobular carcinoma". They didn't have numbers yet but it has been confirmed. She said my next step to do would be to see the breast surgeon. I gave her about 3 names of the one's I wanted to see so she will be making arrangements today. Told her to get me in to the one I can go to soonest. She said a PET scan would probably be needed to see if it has spread. Is there anyone here who has this type? I was told this is only about 10% of cancers found. Not able to see on mammograms. I'm even more scared now (if that's possible). It's gonna be a long road.
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

Angel,,,,,I'm so sorry. I
    Angel,,,,,I'm so sorry. I just found out this past week I have breast cancer also. I had a biopsy this past Friday and found out it was most likely invasive lobular carcinoma. Will know more when the pathologist report comes back and see a surgeon. Have been going through so many emotions, not to say I'm scared to death. Had a mammogram last December which came out fine. My daughter who is an MRI tech said they needed some volunteers to check the machine and asked if I wanted to have this done since it wouldn't cost nothing. She said as soon as the dye was injected it all showed up. Of course, she couldn't say anything until the radiologist read it and contacted me. Thank God they got me in for a biopsy Friday and that's where I am again. Just going CRAZY.

Maryann!!
    I love your pic!

CR