Hair Growth

Options
2»

Comments

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    I bought two wigs
    They sure are itchy, must be the heat. I paid $159 each and the cancer socity will reimburse me $80, if I go to one of their group sessions, I hear they also give out a $300 bag of makeup donated free from local vendors.

I am also checking with my insurance, I was told that that they may also reimburse for one.

As for the wigs, my brothers and sisters tell me that I looked 20 years younger! Must be the 20 pounds that I also lost! I love the wigs, I got a long on for the fun of it, looks like Ashley Simpson's long brown hair, and and just another short one that flips out a bit around my shoulders. I will post some pictures.
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    Nana b said:

I bought two wigs
    They sure are itchy, must be the heat. I paid $159 each and the cancer socity will reimburse me $80, if I go to one of their group sessions, I hear they also give out a $300 bag of makeup donated free from local vendors.

I am also checking with my insurance, I was told that that they may also reimburse for one.

As for the wigs, my brothers and sisters tell me that I looked 20 years younger! Must be the 20 pounds that I also lost! I love the wigs, I got a long on for the fun of it, looks like Ashley Simpson's long brown hair, and and just another short one that flips out a bit around my shoulders. I will post some pictures.

I called....
    my insurance company a couple days ago to ask if I was able to get a wig, since I was under chemo, but didn't mention it as a "Cranial Prosthesis" I just said a wig, and they said it wasn't covered, so maybe I will call them again and mention it under a different term, do you ask your doctor to make you a prescription for the prosthesis, and then call the insurance company to ask about it?

That is definitely love when all around want to shave with you! I won't shave yet, my hair is really thick, and I still have enough to work with, it just seems to come out alot in showers and brushing, and all over my pillow, it's abit scary, but I'm getting over it, I thought I'd be abit more braver and not cry once I seen it, but I think it's because my kids are more upset about it that gets me upset, my husband wants to shave his head also for me, and they don't want him doing that either...I'm just slowly letting them see what's happening and how much is coming out for them to slowly accept, and know that eventually, you never know, I may lose it, but I do want to go wig shopping, I'm kind of thinking I'd enjoy it actually, trying new looks LOL...

Hugssss!
    ~Donna