Options
13»

Comments

• Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

division
    I don't see that any division is being caused by discussion and even disagreement. All of that is healthy and interesting. Our energy should be put into whatever is right for us. This site is not only for uplifting and encouraging, but also for discussion and debate. I don't mean to sound brusque, really. These are complicated issues and there is bound to be differences of opinion. I think that's great. I want to hear dissenting views and do not at all feel that we shouldn't engage in spirited discussion on this forum.

Mimi

You are so right Mimi!
    You are so right Mimi! People should be willing to read and understand others views and not take it so personally if they differ from their own. After all, everyone is entitled to their thoughts, ideas and opinions, especially on here.
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Hey outdoor girl! I didn't
    Hey outdoor girl! I didn't realize that my statement would cause so much controversy. But, I think it is wonderful that we all have opinions, even if they are different. I don't believe that Kristin, Mimi, Kat or anyone else was accusing the Susan B. Komen foundation or others of withholding a cure. I think it was just a general statement that I, for one, agree with. I think the backlash came when Susan stated she thanked someone for having her back. I think it was just someones opinion posted and someone didn't agree and it appeared to turn into a recess fight. lol I believe we are all in this together, whether we agree on certain things or not. And, if you don't agree, that is fine, state your opinion too, even if it differs. No reason to "take sides" or put someone down because you don't agree, right? I always thought this was like a "safe zone", where we could talk or write anything. And, what a wonderful site to be able to express ourselves..isn't it? We all hope and pray for a cure. Don't we? Love you all! Jeanne

Sorry to infringe on your rights
    to write how you feel!
    You're right,this is the one place to go to share your feelings.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options

Sorry
    I shouldn't have used the word division. You're right,we are all welcome to have our own views. Things just got a little heated for a while and I felt like poor Susan was getting a little hurt and I didn't quite care for that!

Oh no, Susan, don't be hurt,
    Oh no, Susan, don't be hurt, please. It's all (I hope) good natured debate. Outdoorgirl, you should see the kind of heated discussions on my other survivors' site. I can hardly open threads sometimes for fear of what they will contain! This seems so mild to me. :)

Mimi
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Thanks, Cat!
    I needed that, and there you were. Thanks for having my back. I'll always have yours, too. Count on it.

To my "3/4 glass full" friend... :-)

Kind regards, 12/25

Susan, I don't think this is
    Susan, I don't think this is a matter or site where someone has to have "your back." There is no reason for anyone to be defensive on here. That is the beauty of sites like this. We all can post our various, different opinions and others can agree or disagree with them. It really is no big deal, is it? If we didn't vary inre to how we see things, wouldn't it be boring? I apologize that you felt you needed support or needed someone to have "your back". I wasn't attacking you, nor was anyone else. I was just stating my opinion and agreeing with Jeanne D, as others have. No harm meant, and, I hope no harm done. I would hate to think that I have to censor my words on here or take sides. This should be a place where we can state our opinions and thoughts without fear of someone not agreeing and being upset or getting angry. Don't you think? I do.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Cure
    I'm with Kristin and Jeanne on this one. Cancer treatment has come a long way and is a HUGE source of profits for the pharmacutical and health care industries. However, cancer prevention remains an underfunded enterprise. The possible environmental causes of cancer, such as chemical pesticides, plastic byproducts, and chemicals in our water, food, and cosmetic products are all but ignored as possible cancer-causing agents. Now, I'm thrilled that treatment is so advanced right now. Obviously. But, I'm not happy that cancer incidence (especially among the young) continues to rise, even when we account for the natural aging of the population, and that more is not being done to prevent cancer in the first place. Conspiracy? Who knows. But I'm not buying that everyone is out there altruistically working for a cure. Not even the American Cancer Society.

I also have to agree with
    I also have to agree with Mimi, Kristin, Jeanne, Kat, Alexis and the others about the fact that a cure has to be out there for cancer after all of these decades, but, if it were exposed, there would be too much money lost. Maybe someday, they will allow it to surface. But, we are SURVIVORS and that is the most important! We are WARRIORS, we survived the beast and will continue to live productive and happy lives! And, I also think that any of us should be free to express our thoughts and opinions on here without back up. We are adults and are sista's in this fight, not adversaries.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Ellen/ Oprah
    They are just sooooooooo fake, they make me want to puke........Sorry to all the fans BUT...............

Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You really don't like Oprah
    You really don't like Oprah at least? I think she is great and I love her show most of the time. I don't care for the Ellen show. But, I guess they are a lil fake, like you said. I love your picture Tasha. hehe
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Ellen/ Oprah
    They are just sooooooooo fake, they make me want to puke........Sorry to all the fans BUT...............

Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oprah!
    One of my favorite Ophrah moments was when she had Magic Johnson on to talk about his decades-old HIV positive diagnosis. She asks him what it was like to announce that to the world, he starts to answer and then she interrupts him to say, "I always think, what was I doing when that happened? What was going on in MY life?" Hilarious.

Mimi
  • Kit1018
    Kit1018 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Tell Us
    Please keep us posted. I don't have TV at all. Hugs Jxxxxx

it was a terrific episode
    it was a terrific episode sad also. I am going to ask my doc about the breast MRI. Christina Applegates oncologist was on there and reccommended it in certain circumstances.
    She had said on the episode that she would have some of it on her webpage.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

oprah
    This is the second time I have to post this--page error.

I went to oprah.com and clicked on Monday and it brought up yesterdays show and was able to read the dialogue from the show and then after I went to After the show and watched the video of the Q&A which may or may not help but the newbies might get some answers or at least some questions that they can bring to their doctors. Questions included the BRCA testing and triple negative.

Hope this helps some.
    Hugs,
    Margo

I got to see it on her
    I got to see it on her website. Thank you Margo.