Options
2»

Comments

• tami90650
    tami90650 Member Posts: 82
    Options
    WELCOME!

Welcome to the most wonderful virtual support group! Sorry to meet you under such bad circumstances, but this is the place to go for help, support, understanding, and to get a good laugh when you need it the most.
    I'm sorry about the loss of your mom, the sickness your dad is going thru, and the journey that you are now traveling too. It's going to be okay. You can do this. Please keep us posted. I personally didnt have to have a masectamy, I had 40% of my left breast taken with my lymphnodes as well. I did chemo and radiation. I did really well with the treatments. The 4th chemo was the worst for me. I had to get suppositories and shove them you know where to stop throwing up. Who would of figured, shove something up one end to not come out the other. hahahahaha OKAY THAT WASNT SO FUNNY! There are alot of women here that have walked in your shoes and are more than willing to take this journey with you. Including me. Love you and welcome aboard. hahahaha get it aboard as in discussion board. Hope to hear from you soon. What state are you in?

love tami
  • Butterfly12
    Butterfly12 Member Posts: 56
    Options
    tami90650 said:

WELCOME!

Welcome to the most wonderful virtual support group! Sorry to meet you under such bad circumstances, but this is the place to go for help, support, understanding, and to get a good laugh when you need it the most.
    I'm sorry about the loss of your mom, the sickness your dad is going thru, and the journey that you are now traveling too. It's going to be okay. You can do this. Please keep us posted. I personally didnt have to have a masectamy, I had 40% of my left breast taken with my lymphnodes as well. I did chemo and radiation. I did really well with the treatments. The 4th chemo was the worst for me. I had to get suppositories and shove them you know where to stop throwing up. Who would of figured, shove something up one end to not come out the other. hahahahaha OKAY THAT WASNT SO FUNNY! There are alot of women here that have walked in your shoes and are more than willing to take this journey with you. Including me. Love you and welcome aboard. hahahaha get it aboard as in discussion board. Hope to hear from you soon. What state are you in?

love tami

Thank you
    Thank you for the warm welcome Tami. I hope that I don't have to shove anything anywhere LOL.... I live in Michigan, and you?

Sherry
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options

THANK YOU!!
    I must say that this is my first online experience with a support group and God it feels good! I have never felt so welcome and warm inside. I want to thank each and everyone of you for your responses and inspiration!!!! I think that the chemo is what scares me the most. All I ever think about is my hair falling out. :) I had long hair ( I cut it this past weekend), I wanted to be in control of something in this :) If there is ever anything I can do for anyone please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime. You are a bunch of wonderful ladies. Thank you again.

Sherry

welcome
    just know there great support here for you and your family.hugs to you and your family.take one day at a time amd befor long your hair will be back. love to all my sisters in pinkand brothersin blue
  • tami90650
    tami90650 Member Posts: 82
    Options

Thank you
    Thank you for the warm welcome Tami. I hope that I don't have to shove anything anywhere LOL.... I live in Michigan, and you?

Sherry

california
    Im in california. Have you been out here before? The weather os awsome, but the gangs are out of control. I plan on retiring to Oregon one day. Im 44 so I guess thats a ways off yet. How is life in Michigan?
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Welcome
    Sherry, glad you found us. We will support you every way we can. Lynn
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

THANK YOU!!
    I must say that this is my first online experience with a support group and God it feels good! I have never felt so welcome and warm inside. I want to thank each and everyone of you for your responses and inspiration!!!! I think that the chemo is what scares me the most. All I ever think about is my hair falling out. :) I had long hair ( I cut it this past weekend), I wanted to be in control of something in this :) If there is ever anything I can do for anyone please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime. You are a bunch of wonderful ladies. Thank you again.

Sherry

Hello, Sherry!
    Me, too - first online networking/support/social group... No Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, whatever. Just here. Same for many of us. It's the right place to be!

My heart goes out to you, because - yes, chemotherapy is uniquely frightening. Nobody ever wants it. It can be horrible; and, it can also be not so bad. Just depends on the medicines and dosages. I know it's very hard not to; but, for the sake of your own sanity - try hard not to dwell on it until you know exactly what you're up against. I, like many others here, had one of the toughest chemo protocols around, about 5 1/2 years ago. We'll be here for you, no matter what. And, if it's the not so horrid kind - we'll be glad for you.

Surgery scared me more than the chemo. Go figure! However, it was my first surgery EVER. Had never even been in the hospital for anything at all. Prior to BC, had enjoyed better than excellent health - and took it for granted. Ironic, isn't it?

Most importantly, and because of concerns regarding your family matters - please, you must focus on yourself, at least temporarily. This is particularly difficult for all of us, as women. Because we are all caregivers of some sort.

Best wishes, and...

Kind regards, Susan
  • Butterfly12
    Butterfly12 Member Posts: 56
    Options
    tami90650 said:

california
    Im in california. Have you been out here before? The weather os awsome, but the gangs are out of control. I plan on retiring to Oregon one day. Im 44 so I guess thats a ways off yet. How is life in Michigan?

Michigan
    I have been never been that far before. I've been as far as Texas. Life up here is pretty good, as long as you are not in the automotive industry. Thank goodness I'm not. I work from home as a Coding Analyst so, hopefully that won't get hit hard by the economy. I'm 36. The winters are bad sometimes, as long as you have 4 wheel drive its okay. Summer is great once it gets here, it seems to take forever to get here and doesn't seem to say long enough :) Stay safe out there and enjoy that beautiful weather :)
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options

Michigan
    I have been never been that far before. I've been as far as Texas. Life up here is pretty good, as long as you are not in the automotive industry. Thank goodness I'm not. I work from home as a Coding Analyst so, hopefully that won't get hit hard by the economy. I'm 36. The winters are bad sometimes, as long as you have 4 wheel drive its okay. Summer is great once it gets here, it seems to take forever to get here and doesn't seem to say long enough :) Stay safe out there and enjoy that beautiful weather :)

Butterfly
    Welcome.......I am the "Class Joker" I,m English and I live in Canada. Been through cancer hell and come out the other side.......I am less than 1 year out of treatment and I am back into full time (Very Manual) work......

Things CAN get back to better than normal........

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Butterfly
    Welcome.......I am the "Class Joker" I,m English and I live in Canada. Been through cancer hell and come out the other side.......I am less than 1 year out of treatment and I am back into full time (Very Manual) work......

Things CAN get back to better than normal........

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxx

To the new members here...
    Don't be fooled by tasha_111's description of herself. She is so much, MUCH MORE than "Class Joker" to us, and for us.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christmas Girl
    Options

Thank you

Sherry

I'm in Illinois...
    Chicago, to be precise. Not far. Again, welcome, fellow Great Lakes resident! Michigan is beautiful.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Welcome
    Sherry, glad you found us. We will support you every way we can. Lynn

Hi Sherry - I also live in
    Hi Sherry - I also live in Illinois. Have husbands family in Michigan. Glad you found this site.