I thought I looked good ...

Options

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    cats_toy said:

Outdoor girl...
    of course if your moniker says anything about you, you would be in the yard and everywhere else airing out the bald pate if the weather allowed! I would garden, drive (convertible, I DO live in SoCal), work, most everything bare headed. I would put on a hat or scarf if I was in air conditioning, my head was pretty sensitive to cold air. Hope and pray that you never need to have chemo again to find out OK?
    Cat

California Girls!
    Cats_toy...I am in California too~ Santa Barbara county...where are you??

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

California Girls!
    Cats_toy...I am in California too~ Santa Barbara county...where are you??

Hugs,
    Claudia

SO Cal
    Claudia,
    I am in San Dimas, at the eastern edge of LA County. I was just in Santa Ynez last month and stopped in Santa Barbara for a visit, beautiful out there!
    Glad to see you posting again and loved your poem, brought tears to my eyes.
    Take care,
    Cat
  • chenheart
    Options
    cats_toy said:

SO Cal
    Claudia,
    I am in San Dimas, at the eastern edge of LA County. I was just in Santa Ynez last month and stopped in Santa Barbara for a visit, beautiful out there!
    Glad to see you posting again and loved your poem, brought tears to my eyes.
    Take care,
    Cat

Small World!
    No way~ you were in Santa Ynez?? I live in Santa Ynez~ I always say SB county cuz almost no one knows where my little town is! ( Either that or I ask,"do you know where solvang is"? )

Let me know the next time you are coming out! We'll do lunch! :-)

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • cats_toy
    Options
    chenheart said:

Small World!
    No way~ you were in Santa Ynez?? I live in Santa Ynez~ I always say SB county cuz almost no one knows where my little town is! ( Either that or I ask,"do you know where solvang is"? )

Let me know the next time you are coming out! We'll do lunch! :-)

Hugs,
    Claudia

I think everybody knows each other out there don't they? My boss has lived there for almost 20 years now, he drives down to Covina for two days each week, then goes back home. They love it out there. We stayed at the Chumash while we were there! Lunch it is!
    Cat
  • chenheart
    Options
    cats_toy said:

I think everybody knows each other out there don't they? My boss has lived there for almost 20 years now, he drives down to Covina for two days each week, then goes back home. They love it out there. We stayed at the Chumash while we were there! Lunch it is!
    Cat

Twilight Zone
    Just one more for the "6 degrees of separation" going on here~ my fiance' is one of the Chumash Tribal elders...we moved off the reservation while I was going through chemo, as the housing was substandard ( no surprise there if you know anything about Indian Reservations!)

So yeah...lunch it will be! Or the winery tour~ even without drinking the route is breath-taking!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • cats_toy
    Options
    chenheart said:

Twilight Zone
    Just one more for the "6 degrees of separation" going on here~ my fiance' is one of the Chumash Tribal elders...we moved off the reservation while I was going through chemo, as the housing was substandard ( no surprise there if you know anything about Indian Reservations!)

So yeah...lunch it will be! Or the winery tour~ even without drinking the route is breath-taking!

Hugs,
    Claudia

weirder still....
    we were going to take the winery tour (and yes, partake), but didn't have enough time, stopped to feed the ostriches though! Take a look at my boss, you might even know him the way this is unfolding.
    Cat
  • chenheart
    Options
    cats_toy said:

weirder still....
    we were going to take the winery tour (and yes, partake), but didn't have enough time, stopped to feed the ostriches though! Take a look at my boss, you might even know him the way this is unfolding.
    Cat

Santa Ynez
    :-) It'll probably turn out that your boss is one of my relatives....nah! The rest of my family is in Sacramento! Ah yes, the ostrich-feeding~ I think its a law all tourists have to stop and feed them! LOL

Speaking of wineries, Fess Parker has a winery out here~ he is a 2 time Ca survivor, and is still going strong at 80+. His winery features wine bottle toppers festooned with mini ****-skin caps. Not much more a person can say after that!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • chenheart
    Options
    chenheart said:

Santa Ynez
    :-) It'll probably turn out that your boss is one of my relatives....nah! The rest of my family is in Sacramento! Ah yes, the ostrich-feeding~ I think its a law all tourists have to stop and feed them! LOL

Speaking of wineries, Fess Parker has a winery out here~ he is a 2 time Ca survivor, and is still going strong at 80+. His winery features wine bottle toppers festooned with mini ****-skin caps. Not much more a person can say after that!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Auto Censor strikes again!!!!!!
    Sheesh, I forgot about the auto-censor...so Fess Parker wine bottles have C-O-O-N-S-K-I-N

cap toppers!

Hugs and laughter!

Claudia
  • cats_toy
    Options
    chenheart said:

Auto Censor strikes again!!!!!!
    Sheesh, I forgot about the auto-censor...so Fess Parker wine bottles have C-O-O-N-S-K-I-N

cap toppers!

Hugs and laughter!

Claudia

censored!
    was trying to fill in the blank! my mind was going other places (yes, I have a dirty mind and I usually don't censor it), that one was not the skin I was thinking of! he he
    Cat
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

censored!
    was trying to fill in the blank! my mind was going other places (yes, I have a dirty mind and I usually don't censor it), that one was not the skin I was thinking of! he he
    Cat

Claudia & Cat
    OMIGOSH! You know, when I created my "Expressions" page I added photos of my garden - and wrote about the local urban critters who visit. (I was still learning my way around the site; actually, still am!). I couldn't figure out WHY when I typed R-A-C-0-0-N (I just used zeros for the Os! HA HA!), it showed up as stars! Thought it was my quirky computer, so deleted it completely! NOW I KNOW!!! Thanks!!!

Kind regards, Susan
  • cats_toy
    Options

Claudia & Cat
    OMIGOSH! You know, when I created my "Expressions" page I added photos of my garden - and wrote about the local urban critters who visit. (I was still learning my way around the site; actually, still am!). I couldn't figure out WHY when I typed R-A-C-0-0-N (I just used zeros for the Os! HA HA!), it showed up as stars! Thought it was my quirky computer, so deleted it completely! NOW I KNOW!!! Thanks!!!

Kind regards, Susan

too funny Susan
    I just started posting pictures myself, haven't run across that yet, I did the "before" and "after" of the hair thing. We get raccoons,(he he-had to try!) bears, bobcats, coyotes, etc. in our yard, but most won't sit still for a pic! I will have to go check yours out.
    Cat
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

too funny Susan
    I just started posting pictures myself, haven't run across that yet, I did the "before" and "after" of the hair thing. We get raccoons,(he he-had to try!) bears, bobcats, coyotes, etc. in our yard, but most won't sit still for a pic! I will have to go check yours out.
    Cat

TGF
    I bet that dude was overcome with your beauty, inside and out and just couldn't help himself!

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    cats_toy said:

censored!
    Cat

Love the tattoo!
    Cat,
    I love the tattoo-did it hurt too much? Yeah,I was thinking the same thing about the skin caps,so we've both got dirty minds sometimes! Was not even thinking about raccoons at all.Enough said...
  • cats_toy
    Options

Love the tattoo!
    Cat,
    I love the tattoo-did it hurt too much? Yeah,I was thinking the same thing about the skin caps,so we've both got dirty minds sometimes! Was not even thinking about raccoons at all.Enough said...

skin caps - too funny
    Tattoo, not too much, but I did take a vicodin and have a few beers......
    thanks!
    Cat
  • chenheart
    Options

Love the tattoo!
    Cat,

George Carlin would be so proud!
    Ladies, Ladies, Ladies! LOL If you just re-read WHO'S winery I was writing about, it was Fess Parker! He of Daniel Boone and Davey Crockett fame...so what kind of skin cap did you really think he might have at his upscale winery in beautiful Santa Barbara county??? It had nothing to do with being circumcized or not and ewwwww...why would anyone design a bottle cap like that, anyway?? Or isn't that what you were thinking? Wait! If it isn't, I really don't want to know!!!!!

The auto-censor is an ongoing source of amusement....someone was once wrting about the 3 chemos they would be getting~ and I wrote I had the same chemo C-O-C-K-tail and it came back as ****tail. So, Male Rooster was NOT an allowed word, tho TAIL was just fine! Even when used to describe chemotherapy! I love this place! hahahahahaha

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

George Carlin would be so proud!
    Ladies, Ladies, Ladies! LOL If you just re-read WHO'S winery I was writing about, it was Fess Parker! He of Daniel Boone and Davey Crockett fame...so what kind of skin cap did you really think he might have at his upscale winery in beautiful Santa Barbara county??? It had nothing to do with being circumcized or not and ewwwww...why would anyone design a bottle cap like that, anyway?? Or isn't that what you were thinking? Wait! If it isn't, I really don't want to know!!!!!

The auto-censor is an ongoing source of amusement....someone was once wrting about the 3 chemos they would be getting~ and I wrote I had the same chemo C-O-C-K-tail and it came back as ****tail. So, Male Rooster was NOT an allowed word, tho TAIL was just fine! Even when used to describe chemotherapy! I love this place! hahahahahaha

Hugs,
    Claudia

And another...
    Naked is ok. Sex is ok. Naked sex is great!!!! But I digress.....

I think it has to do with the demeaning words, more than anything...

Hugs, Kathi
  • chenheart
    Options
    KathiM said:

And another...
    Naked is ok. Sex is ok. Naked sex is great!!!! But I digress.....

I think it has to do with the demeaning words, more than anything...

Hugs, Kathi

A Rose by any other name.....
    Of course, I understand that, Kathi~ perception is everything! I am just amused at the need for the censor, as I must say, in all of the years I have been here, I don't recall anyone using racial slurs, or calling body parts and people by anything other than socially acceptable words. And should they, we would call them on it, and if they didn't stop, no doubt CSN would step in and remove the offender from our midst!

Just funny that we are evidently not able to police ourselves and our word usage, and we need a computer program to do it for us! That still makes me laugh! For the record, there is a park in Santa Barbara called Tucker's Grove. I had composed a letter telling a friend about having gone to a picnic there. When I used spell-check, it actually suggested that Tucker's was NOT the word I was looking for, and you got it! It's revised spelling was with an "F' as the first letter! I am serious! So, we can't win for losing~ thus the laughter on my part!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

just down the street...
    Rancho Cucamonga is my 'business' home, Redlands my 'other' home, and Zwolle, The Netherlands my 'sometimes' home....I think Rancho is closest...lol...I have clients (computer consultant) in San Dimas...let's do coffee!

Hugs, Kathi

Rancho, San Dimas and now...
    Kathi and Cat,
    I can't believe it. I live in Pomona. I used to live in Rancho and grew up in Claremont. We are all neighbors. Where did you do your treatment?? Surf
  • chenheart
    Options

Kathi and Cat,
    I can't believe it. I live in Pomona. I used to live in Rancho and grew up in Claremont. We are all neighbors. Where did you do your treatment?? Surf

I wish they all could be California girls!
    If you ever find yourself in Santa Ynez, come visit me, too! I will be in Palm Springs on the 14th and 15th of May ( my sweetie is performing with the Native singing group he is a member of) and then in Riverside on the 16th to sing at a Pow-Wow, and then zooming to Sacramento to perform at yet another Native gathering on the 18th. S0~ is anyone going to be at any of those places on any of those days? We might be able to arrange something!

Oh yeah~ Reggie and I are also going to be in SoCal at USC on Saturday the 9th. We participate in the Entertainment Industry/Revlon 5K for Women's Cancer~ it will be my 4th time. It is AWESOME~ usually over 100,000 participants. I got my runners bib and I am number 29,356! Christina Applegate is the Grand Marshall this year, having just had a double mastectomy. It is another empowering event I am proud to participate in! Will any of you other California Girls just happen to be there? If so, lets meet at the info booth at 8AM! LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options

Kathi and Cat,

Robert and Beverly Lewis Cancer center...PVMC....
    In Pomona....you?

Rancho has exploded in the last few years, I am trying to move to Redlands full time, including my daughter...I grew up there...

Let's do coffee, I'm serious!!

Hugs, Kathi