NO evidence of malignancy in either breast!!!!

mimivac
mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ladies, I have been fretting about an MRI I had yesterday. It was purely for radiation planning purposes, not a diagnostic. But still, I was scared to death that somehow more cancer had grown in the left breast, or that something would show up in the right. I had visions of more chemo and fears that TAC had proven ineffective. Well, my doctor just called to say that I am NED. I can't tell you the relief I feel. Just those words, "no evidence of malignancy in their breast" sent me popping out of my desk chair and squealing. My co-workers are afraid I've lost it. Anyway, I could think of no other group I wanted to share this with more. I wish everyone here the same news always.

Mimi

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    IN THE WORDS OF THE **** AND
    IN THE WORDS OF THE **** AND JANE BOOKS OF OLD:
    GO, MIMI, GO. JUMP UP AND DOWN, MIMI. NED, MIMI, NED. STEF IS HAPPY. STEF IS HAPPY FOR MIMI. EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPY FOR MIMI.
    And for those to young to remember, **** and Jane were the books we used in school to learn to read.
    And truly Mimi I am so happy that your are dancing with NED. Here's to hopes for an easy road for radiation also.
    Stef
  • Cindy54
    Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
    fauxma said:

IN THE WORDS OF THE **** AND
    IN THE WORDS OF THE **** AND JANE BOOKS OF OLD:
    GO, MIMI, GO. JUMP UP AND DOWN, MIMI. NED, MIMI, NED. STEF IS HAPPY. STEF IS HAPPY FOR MIMI. EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPY FOR MIMI.
    And for those to young to remember, **** and Jane were the books we used in school to learn to read.
    And truly Mimi I am so happy that your are dancing with NED. Here's to hopes for an easy road for radiation also.
    Stef

Dancing For You
    Mimi..Dancing with NED is just the best! You go girl! Now go celebrate! Cindy
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Cindy54 said:

Dancing For You

So happy!
    I can't think of better news Mimi!! I am so happy. Good times are coming your way and you are going to have all the fun you and Simon deserve. Hugs coming to you both.
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Cindy54 said:

Dancing For You

YIIPPPEEEE !!!!!
    Glad to hear the great news ... and I'm sure your co-workers understand if you are flying out of your chair. Just don't go doing the naked dance ... yet. Wait until you get home ... then party, party, party !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all we need to do is wait to hear from Moopy ... and it will be a terrific day!!!!

hugs.
    teena
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    I am celebrating with you.
    I am celebrating with you. I just got home from dr appointment and the exam and mamo were good. I celebrate by hitting the recliner. Bet you are still dancing around and squealing. And you should be. So happy for you

Jadie
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    There is no sweeter thing to hear than...
    ... NED!!! Heartfelt congratulations to you, Mimi!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Jadie said:

I am celebrating with you.
    I am celebrating with you. I just got home from dr appointment and the exam and mamo were good. I celebrate by hitting the recliner. Bet you are still dancing around and squealing. And you should be. So happy for you

Jadie

And...
    ... Congratulations to you, too, Jadie!!!

Kind regards, Susan
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member

There is no sweeter thing to hear than...
    ... NED!!! Heartfelt congratulations to you, Mimi!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Kind regards, Susan

NED
    Mimi,

What wonderful news!! I am so happy for you. surfermom
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Mimi...
    Mimi, I'm just delighted for you! Are you doing the happy nekkid dance??
    It's always such a relief to get that kind of news!!

Hugs,
    CR
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    CONGRATS MIMI!!
    I know, I was terrified when they did my MRI right before my radiation treatments got started. But when they said..."Nothing new showed up." I did my happy dance..lol So, I know how you feel. I just had mine in March. Did they put that IV of stuff in you? EWWW..it was awful when they first started it. I could taste like metal in my mouth and my whole body felt like this hot stuff was going thru it. Strange feeling. WELL..go celebrate!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
    Noel said:

CONGRATS MIMI!!
    I know, I was terrified when they did my MRI right before my radiation treatments got started. But when they said..."Nothing new showed up." I did my happy dance..lol So, I know how you feel. I just had mine in March. Did they put that IV of stuff in you? EWWW..it was awful when they first started it. I could taste like metal in my mouth and my whole body felt like this hot stuff was going thru it. Strange feeling. WELL..go celebrate!

Thank you
    for celebrating with me!! I contemplated doing the happy nekkid dance, but I work for the federal government and they don't like that kind of thing around here. Yes, Noel they did use contrast in my IV. I hate that stuff, too. I actually had an unfortunate incident with it. As the technition was pulling me out of the machine, the IV caught on something and ripped out of my vein. Ugh. I bled all over the machine. My arm is now black and blue. But, I don't even mind that if NED is with me!!

PS. I love your cat's dance.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    mimivac said:

Thank you
    for celebrating with me!! I contemplated doing the happy nekkid dance, but I work for the federal government and they don't like that kind of thing around here. Yes, Noel they did use contrast in my IV. I hate that stuff, too. I actually had an unfortunate incident with it. As the technition was pulling me out of the machine, the IV caught on something and ripped out of my vein. Ugh. I bled all over the machine. My arm is now black and blue. But, I don't even mind that if NED is with me!!

PS. I love your cat's dance.

OMG..you poor thing OUCH
    Glad you like my kitty dance. lol I was terrified of the MRI machine so they let my husband come into the room with me and stay during the hour long test. He had to remove all of his coins, belt and glasses etc. Weird! lol But, the room is magnetized so if he didn't..they would have been flying all over the room. It is interesting how much we learn thru this..maybe useless info, but, interesting just the same. My husband stood at the bottom of the MRI machine and touched and lightly rubbed my foot and leg so that I knew he was right there with me during the whole test. It really helped me and I will never forget that! :)
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Hurrah!
    Congrats on hooking up with the most popular guy on this whole site - here's hoping Simon gets to share you with Ned for decades and decades to come!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Shouts of Joy from California!
    Mimi this is truly wonderful news, I can just imagine you leaping out of your chair with excitement! Congratulations I am truly thrilled for you!

RE
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    That's awesome!
    Mimi,
    That's awesome!Congratulations!!I know too what it's like to get great news like that-big sigh of relief and on you go!
    Love,Patty
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Happy
    Mimi, I am so happy for you. Lynn
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    lynn1950 said:

Happy
    Mimi, I am so happy for you. Lynn

MIMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
    Congrats! OMG.you must be so happy as we are for you!
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    I am so happy for you MIMI!
    I am so happy for you MIMI! I know what a relief those words are. I was so happy when I heard them too! Soon, you will be in radiation. I, thank goodness, am nearing the end of it. But, you will be fine!
  • JoyD
    JoyD Member Posts: 81
    Jeanne D said:

I am so happy for you MIMI!
    I am so happy for you MIMI! I know what a relief those words are. I was so happy when I heard them too! Soon, you will be in radiation. I, thank goodness, am nearing the end of it. But, you will be fine!

Happy for you
    Hi Mimi: Glad to hear the great news! I am happy for both you and Simon. Keep us posted in regards to your radiation. You know we learn from your experience. Yipeeeeeee!

Joy
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Fantastic
    What fantastic news. I think you've lifted all of our spirits by sharing your good news. Again, congrats and thank you. Hugs, Marilynn