Message for Kourtnee/joggergirl

Options
tgf
tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
You said you are sorry ...

I'm sorry too ... that this has all turned out the way it has. Margo (and I am going to trust that that IS your name) ... I don't think you realize how many people were totally engrossed in the "Kourtnee posts" the past few days. You have no idea how many people were with "you" every minute ... every second of your very sad journey. People were hoping and praying ... (as well as many prayer circles) that the story would have a happy ending. People were losing sleep because of their concern for Kourtnee and her dear friend Melody. It was consuming our thoughts and valuable energy ... which could/should have been used for their own health issues. Fighting cancer.

I know there are several very angry people posting on the sight ... and they are saying some very harsh things about what has happened. However ... the majority of us are still very concerned... and believe it or not ... we still care about you.

What has transpired over the past few days regarding "Kourtnee" has just about drained many of us. We are kind and concerned women who want/need to be there for each other. When we read about a young woman going through all of the cancer dianosis ... alone ... we immediately pulled her into our hearts and minds and she immediately became a very important part of our family. We wanted to do all we could to help and support her. As the "story" continued last week ... it was as though we were losing a close family member ... and yet we were so helpless. All we could do was write "Kourtnee/Melody" and share our words love and support.

I must admit that as the "drama" continued in the posts from the "hospital" many of us were becomming quite skeptical although we continued to share our love and support because we would never have been able live with ourselves if the "drama" was indeed true. We trusted ... and hoped and prayed. Eventually several people really started putting two and two together and it became more difficult to find truth in was Kourtnee/Melody posted... but "just in case it WAS true" ... we were still hoping and praying for a good outcome.

On a personal note ... I will have to admit that right now I do not know what to believe. I want desperatly to believe that you are a healthy young woman ... however I also believe that that young woman might somehow just be attemping to get attention by drawing on the emotions of others. Although I'd like to think someone hacked into your computer and your mother wrote those posts ... in my heart I really don't think so. That was the writing of someone desperatly wanting attention. To satisify a psychological need ... or to play a sick and cruel joke. I truly hope it was not done as a cruel hoax. I truly hope it was not meant to prey on the emotions of vulnerable, loving women. So ... that leaves the psychological need. I know you have been posting apologies all over the board ... and maybe that helps a little. To at least admit that you feel regret about the pain it has caused (no matter who wrote the posts)is a tiny little step in healing the wounds caused by this drama ... it has caused pain. It has created trust issues in woman who desperatly need to trust. We need to trust our doctors, medical science ... and ourselves as we fight cancer. After last week, it has caused many of us to question our own judgement. Who can we trust?

We thought we knew you. But now ... we don't know who you are. We are even having serious doubts about whether you have ever had cancer ... or might instead just be "impersonating" someone with cancer to get sympathy from others. If that is the case ... please stop. While you may not be sick with cancer ... you are sick. You need psychological help and I honestly hope you get some. If you are going to a counselor as some of your posts indicated ... I hope you will "come out" to them and admit that you really do need help to overcome this desperate need for attention. It is hurting so many innocent people ... and it is also hurting you. You are putting so much energy in trying to get love and attention by being someone else ... that you should be spending on finding out who you really are. Once you find out who you really are ... and accept that ... then you can share that "real you" with others and you will be amazed at how many people will learn to love and accept the new and improved you. The real you. The honest you.

I do hope that part of the story about your mother is totally ficticious. I hope you really do have a supportive family. However, if your family is aware of your "creative mind" they no doubt disapprove and no doubt have tried to get help for you. If that is the case ... it is no wonder you might be estranged from them. Like many of us ... they care ... but they have enormous trust issues.

Well ... I've said what I needed to say ... except that I honestly do care about you. While I really doubt that you ever shared much of the "real you" ... I still care. You are a young woman who has needs ... although I do not approve of your methods. I do hope you get the help you need. You are still young and no doubt have great gifts to share with others ... however ... you need to know who you are before others can really appreciate those gifts.

If this was just something you consider a "harmless" plea for attention ... please, please stop. Please get help.

As I said ... I still care about you ... and am concerned about you. Please take care of yourself ... but do not hurt others along the way.

love,
teena

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    I hope you didn't mean Margo
    Teena,
    I hope the name thing in your post was a TYPO.

Tommaseena's real name is Margo and I am very real. I had nothing to do with [name withheld by CSN staff] or whomever with Kourtnee's posts.

I am a 45 year old woman of a 5 1/2 year old boy and not a 20 year old with possible family or mental problems.

I came to this site in February and have found many friends and information which I hope will always be here for me when I need it.

I was blown away just like others on this board by what had gone on.

Yours truly,
    Margo
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

I hope you didn't mean Margo
    Teena,
    I hope the name thing in your post was a TYPO.

Tommaseena's real name is Margo and I am very real. I had nothing to do with [name withheld by CSN staff] or whomever with Kourtnee's posts.

I am a 45 year old woman of a 5 1/2 year old boy and not a 20 year old with possible family or mental problems.

I came to this site in February and have found many friends and information which I hope will always be here for me when I need it.

I was blown away just like others on this board by what had gone on.

Yours truly,
    Margo

opps ... chemo brain !!!!!!!
    Sorry Margo ... I really DID mean [name withheld by CSN staff]! Thanks for catching that. I think I have chemo fingers too! The brain and fingers just aren't working together on the keyboard.

Sorry.

hugs.
    teena
  • tommaseena
    Options
    tgf said:

opps ... chemo brain !!!!!!!
    Sorry Margo ... I really DID mean [name withheld by CSN staff]! Thanks for catching that. I think I have chemo fingers too! The brain and fingers just aren't working together on the keyboard.

Sorry.

hugs.
    teena

When I saw my name I
    When I saw my name I needed to reply. I understand about chemo fingers and chemo brain.

Hugs back at you,
    Margo
  • tommaseena
    Options
    You said
    Teena,
    You said what most have been thinking-or at least what I was thinking and didn't know how to say it.

Thanks.
    I hope there is hope for all to feel safe on this sight again real soon.

Margo
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

You said
    Teena,
    You said what most have been thinking-or at least what I was thinking and didn't know how to say it.

Thanks.
    I hope there is hope for all to feel safe on this sight again real soon.

Margo

Hi, Margo! And Teena, too!
    Margo:
    When I read Teena's post - I, for one, knew she didn't mean YOU, dear! :-) But, I'm glad you stepped forward to clarify - for your own sake, and for the sakes of others.

Teena:
    Like Margo, I'm relatively new to the group, too. Following the lead of others who've been around much longer than me, I - unfortunately - got caught up in the "kourntee10/Melody/(now)joggergirl" cruel hoax. And, at great emotional & spiritual expense. It was horribly frightening & devastating for me. I had felt so safe here, thinking it's the best thing I've done since BC. Now, I'll be much more cautious. Which is truly sad.

You are kinder person than I, Teena. I will not write to, nor respond directly, to any post generated by the scammer(s). At this point, I'm simply trying to protect myself from further damage. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this way.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    The cruel SCAM
    I have only bad and ill feelings in my heart for this person Kourtnee/[name withheld by CSN staff] or whatever his or her name is. What he/she did was unforgiveable and cruel beyond any means. I, as others, will no longer trust anyone on this site or take totally to heart anything people might write. I found such comfort here and I have had so many of my questions and concerns answered here and know that I can still find that. But, to even trust someone's story on here 100%..NO..that will never happen again. And, I want to remind all of you as you aren't thinking about this....Kourtnee or [name withheld by CSN staff] or whatever they call themselves now isn't necessarily female. IT could be a male..who knows????? So, don't feel sorry for HER as HER could be a HIM! This was a scam, a cruel scam. I, personally, think the ultimate goal was just to get money from the kind hearted bc survivors on this site. I am sure that Kourtnee/[name withheld by CSN staff] HE/SHE were laughing with every email they wrote and at the response they were receiving. Don't feel sorry for HIM/HER! They, who knows how many evil losers were involved, don't deserve it. I believe in karma and payback is a _____!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

The cruel SCAM
    I have only bad and ill feelings in my heart for this person Kourtnee/[name withheld by CSN staff] or whatever his or her name is. What he/she did was unforgiveable and cruel beyond any means. I, as others, will no longer trust anyone on this site or take totally to heart anything people might write. I found such comfort here and I have had so many of my questions and concerns answered here and know that I can still find that. But, to even trust someone's story on here 100%..NO..that will never happen again. And, I want to remind all of you as you aren't thinking about this....Kourtnee or [name withheld by CSN staff] or whatever they call themselves now isn't necessarily female. IT could be a male..who knows????? So, don't feel sorry for HER as HER could be a HIM! This was a scam, a cruel scam. I, personally, think the ultimate goal was just to get money from the kind hearted bc survivors on this site. I am sure that Kourtnee/[name withheld by CSN staff] HE/SHE were laughing with every email they wrote and at the response they were receiving. Don't feel sorry for HIM/HER! They, who knows how many evil losers were involved, don't deserve it. I believe in karma and payback is a _____!

Could be a research paper....
    From time to time, college students ask for 'volunteers' because they are writing a paper on cancer...

Just a thought, I missed most of it because of Hans...

Jeanne, don't let the 'bad apple' spoil it for you. After 4 years plus of posting and seeking support on this site, for both of my cancers, I know how lost people feel when they hear 'You have cancer'. If you allow this to stop you from offering support, then these people (whoever they are, and for whatever reason they did this) have won.

Please,please don't stop offering support and caring...it is so needed...

Hugs, Kathi
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

The cruel SCAM

Jeanne D - I understand...
    Although I totally sympathize with & understand how you feel right now, because I - too - feel emotionally & spiritually hurt by the cruel hoax...

I'm hoping time will heal your wounds.

WHENEVER we give so freely from our hearts - no matter the situation - there is always risk of hurt. Unfortunately. This is why love RETURNED to us is so very, very precious.

I, too, believe in karma. Or, as I like to put it: You get what you give in life.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: It was those posts about "sending money" that caused me to first step back with real strong suspicion. This is certainly not the type of forum for that sort of thing. So, I'm considering that type of message to be a clear warning for the future.
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I noticed...
    I noticed that "Kourtnee" did post on the Young Cancer Survivors board a couple of days ago, telling how she was in the hospital and had bc and lung cancer and cancer in her blood.
    I'm pretty sure that by figuring out what was true and what was not true, you ladies probably saved the young people in that group the same heartache that we have gone through.
    Thank goodness she didn't do get a chance to do to them what she did here.

CR
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    CR1954 said:

I noticed...
    I noticed that "Kourtnee" did post on the Young Cancer Survivors board a couple of days ago, telling how she was in the hospital and had bc and lung cancer and cancer in her blood.
    I'm pretty sure that by figuring out what was true and what was not true, you ladies probably saved the young people in that group the same heartache that we have gone through.
    Thank goodness she didn't do get a chance to do to them what she did here.

CR

CR...
    Amen.

Actually, while unfortunately caught up in the cruel hoax - I had posted, out of sincere kindness, as a suggestion to the scammer about the Young Survivors board here. When the hoax was discovered - I felt really, really badly about this. Therefore, I reported this info to the the ACS folks via the "CSN Feedback" email option (upper left hand corner in the brown box).

Thank goodness it appears that there were no replies to that post. Like you, I hope that group was spared.

Kind regards, Susan
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

Jeanne D - I understand...
    Although I totally sympathize with & understand how you feel right now, because I - too - feel emotionally & spiritually hurt by the cruel hoax...

I'm hoping time will heal your wounds.

WHENEVER we give so freely from our hearts - no matter the situation - there is always risk of hurt. Unfortunately. This is why love RETURNED to us is so very, very precious.

I, too, believe in karma. Or, as I like to put it: You get what you give in life.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: It was those posts about "sending money" that caused me to first step back with real strong suspicion. This is certainly not the type of forum for that sort of thing. So, I'm considering that type of message to be a clear warning for the future.

I never saw posts about
    I never saw posts about sending money and I am pretty much on here every day. Do they get taken off?
    Stef
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    fauxma said:

I never saw posts about
    I never saw posts about sending money and I am pretty much on here every day. Do they get taken off?
    Stef

Fauxma...
    I can only GUESS that requests for money were being made via PMs (personal messages, not posts).

In one thread, there were a series of posts stating: "Read my PM to you." etc. ... Then, posts appeared warning everyone else, stating "don't send anything... don't send money..."

Again, this is my guess.

Kind regards, Susan