Input needed please

Options
chetra
chetra Member Posts: 17
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Where i live their is many of us fighting breast cancer and the closes support group is 45 miles away. So I have decided along with 3 others that we need a support group here in our town. We have counted 15 of us just in the past 3 yrs.So I am getting out of my why did this happen to me mode. And Im am going to start a support group and hope that branches will stem from ours to any type of cancer. Us 3 ladies live within a 3 mile radious of each other. Well here is what Im asking of you all. We need a great name for our support group and Im drawing this big blank. So everyone give me some names please. The group I have attend to learn how to start one is called ( pinky buddies) but I dont know if pink suit a man with breast cancer.I look forward in ready your response. Thanks Again

Comments

• chetra
    chetra Member Posts: 17
    Options
    OK
    Ok I will reply to me. Still drawing a blank. LOL
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Name
    Good for you on starting your own support group! I used to be creative about things like that but I'm drawing a blank. You could use the name of your town. See, it's been awhile. Let me think on it for awhile. Since the symbol for b/c is the pink ribbon - maybe the pink ribbon gang, or group. Sorry, it's just not happening. Good luck with your group, I hope it's a great success.
    Gentle Hugs,
    Donna
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    ok
    Just doing some stream of conscious... I assume that you are somewhat out there i.e. rural if you are 45 minutes from a support group. Outer limits? Rural warriors?

Maureen
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    AMAZONS!
    First of all, Chetra, congratulations on your great idea for a project and best wishes for making it work. You are obviously a strong, brave woman - deserving of the name Amazon.

Today, the term "Amazon" suggests a number of things - not all of them positive. But to the ancient Greeks, the Amazons were a matriarchal tribe of fierce warriors who kicked (shall I say) a55. The name itself means "without a breast" because supposedly the Amazons cut off their right breasts so they would be better archers. Granted, the Amazons lose more battles than they win in Greek mythology, but I think that's because Greek mythology was written down by Greek men, not Greek women. It's worth noting that Hercules and his army defeated the Amazons not by fighting fair, but by Hercules seducing their queen!

Regardless of the diagnosis or treatment, I couldn't think of a single BC survivor here that would not fit in with the a55 kicking Amazons of ancient Greek times. Not because of archery skills, but in physical endurance, mental toughness, and the will not just to survive - but to win. As for what a guy BC survivor might think, you might ask Bill.S, who will always tell you what he thinks. But speaking just as a guy, if one of the brave, strong modern-day warriors on this board were ever to think of me as an honorary Amazon I myself would be proud as hell.

Best,
    Joe
  • Wibby
    Wibby Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Bosom Buddies?
    How about Bosom buddies? I go to a support group without a name, but it is helpful anyway. Good for you for starting one!
    Libby
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Wibby said:

Bosom Buddies?
    How about Bosom buddies? I go to a support group without a name, but it is helpful anyway. Good for you for starting one!
    Libby

Carcinoma Kids?
    I stole that one off soccerfreaks LOL
  • tasha_111
    Options
    Aortus said:

AMAZONS!
    First of all, Chetra, congratulations on your great idea for a project and best wishes for making it work. You are obviously a strong, brave woman - deserving of the name Amazon.

Today, the term "Amazon" suggests a number of things - not all of them positive. But to the ancient Greeks, the Amazons were a matriarchal tribe of fierce warriors who kicked (shall I say) a55. The name itself means "without a breast" because supposedly the Amazons cut off their right breasts so they would be better archers. Granted, the Amazons lose more battles than they win in Greek mythology, but I think that's because Greek mythology was written down by Greek men, not Greek women. It's worth noting that Hercules and his army defeated the Amazons not by fighting fair, but by Hercules seducing their queen!

Regardless of the diagnosis or treatment, I couldn't think of a single BC survivor here that would not fit in with the a55 kicking Amazons of ancient Greek times. Not because of archery skills, but in physical endurance, mental toughness, and the will not just to survive - but to win. As for what a guy BC survivor might think, you might ask Bill.S, who will always tell you what he thinks. But speaking just as a guy, if one of the brave, strong modern-day warriors on this board were ever to think of me as an honorary Amazon I myself would be proud as hell.

Best,
    Joe

Mr Joseph...
    One question.. What about the left-handed ones? Hugs Jxx
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

AMAZONS!

Best,
    Joe

I think amazons
    is a fitting name for us fierce warriors here. And i already think of you as a honarary amazon!!
    jackie
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

AMAZONS!

Best,
    Joe

Amazons! Love it!
    Joe, you are almost TOO intelligent! (Not really... no such thing as TOO smart!) I'm wondering if you're a teacher/professor? :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    Wibby said:

Bosom Buddies?
    Libby

Good one!
    Hi, Libby. Clever, clever - Bosom Buddies!

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Mr Joseph...
    One question.. What about the left-handed ones? Hugs Jxx

tasha_111 - You are...
    ... almost TOO funny! (Not really... no such thing as TOO funny...)

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christmas Girl
    Options

tasha_111 - You are...
    ... almost TOO funny! (Not really... no such thing as TOO funny...)

Kind regards, Susan

Right vs. Left? Weird BC factoid...
    My med onc told me that the vast majority of breast cancer occurs on the right side (backs up the Amazon thing). However, when it does occur on the left side - the vast majority of those patients are left-handed. They - the med pros - have no real idea as to why this is so; but, of course, do suspect some sort of correlation.

I'm full of useless information, aren't I?

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: My med onc is most certainly NOT FUNNY, at all. Very serious guy...
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Carcinoma Kids?
    I stole that one off soccerfreaks LOL

Yet another example...
    LOL! :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    Options
    Breast Friends
    How about Breast Friends! HUGS!! Cathy
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    cruf said:

Breast Friends
    How about Breast Friends! HUGS!! Cathy

Yet another good one!
    Hey, Cathy - Breast Friends! LOL!!!

So many clever people here... I'm really impressed!

Kind regards, Susan
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Right vs. Left? Weird BC factoid...
    My med onc told me that the vast majority of breast cancer occurs on the right side (backs up the Amazon thing). However, when it does occur on the left side - the vast majority of those patients are left-handed. They - the med pros - have no real idea as to why this is so; but, of course, do suspect some sort of correlation.

I'm full of useless information, aren't I?

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: My med onc is most certainly NOT FUNNY, at all. Very serious guy...

Ok, my first bc was on my
    Ok, my first bc was on my left side and I am right handed. The NEW cancer, the second one, that I am dealing with now 23 years later is on my right side...FYI :)
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    How about the pink ribbons,
    How about the pink ribbons, or the pink ladies, or the pinkettes, or the pink ones or pinkies...you get the idea lol
  • tasha_111
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

How about the pink ribbons,
    How about the pink ribbons, or the pink ladies, or the pinkettes, or the pink ones or pinkies...you get the idea lol

Turquoise Troops!!!!!!!!
    Bugger all that pink stuff..........Turquoise is the colour!!!!!!!!!! Yeah.........go go go!!!!!!!!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Turquoise Troops!!!!!!!!
    Bugger all that pink stuff..........Turquoise is the colour!!!!!!!!!! Yeah.........go go go!!!!!!!!

How's your new job?
    tasha,
    How's your new job going?
    Love,Patty
  • tasha_111
    Options

How's your new job?
    tasha,
    How's your new job going?
    Love,Patty

JOB
    Hey she phoned me tonight, I start Friday!!!!!!!! I am so nervous but really looking forward to it. I did a small job yesterday, first since treatment and I found it hilariously Ironic. This lovely old guy wanted me to plant 6 shrubs in his front garden, he knew what he wanted.........YEWS...I tried to get him onto Cotoneaster or ANYTHING but YEW, but NO, Yew it was. Ironic eh?.. (Yew Latin name = Taxus. =Taxol/taxotare derived from) I just can't escape it can I??????? LOLOL