If you can spare a prayer....

13»

Comments

• sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415

Kathi, I have searched the
    Kathi, I have searched the board several times a day to get an update on you and Hans, so it was good to hear from you regarding his recovery. I know that the board has brought me close to several people here, and you were one of the first who was kind enough to help me with problems with beginning chemo. Please know that you have been in my thoughts, day and night, and I am so relieved that your beau is on the way to recovery. Prayers are still coming your way, until we know they are no longer needed....which is never. Hugs to you both

Judy

Kathi
    Ihave not been here for a few days and missed this. I really feel for you and am so glad Hans is home. I know that it is harder for the caregiver...especially when you have your own troubles.
    You are both in our thoughts. Keep in touch. Pat
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    KathiM said:

Fast-forward 7 days.....
    Well, Hans came home today. He still has moments of memory loss, and is sleeping for the first time in 2 days. Seems hospitals are not condusive to sleep...tooo much noise!

He is home to recover for a few days, and then another procedure, that will take his AV node and insert a pacemaker will be done. He ended up with pneumonia.

I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate all of your kind words!!!! The hospital did not have wireless (heck, I couldn't even use my cell phone inside), and I ended up sleeping 2 nights on a chair, and 3 nights (finally!) on a cot. It was not pretty...he would call out my name every 15 minutes or so, just to make sure I was there. He was very uncooperative.

I just learned today that on the night following the proceedure he coded for 3 minutes. The doctors were very concerned, with the confusion that started after he was revived, that he had neurological damage. Still not out of the woods on that completely, although now he seems to be tracking better.

As I said earlier, I have no idea how you caregivers do it! I had a pissing contest (appropriately) with the urologist that inserted the Foley catheter. I had a nurse removed that was totally incompetant, and allowed Hans to remove his own NG tube (before it should have been removed). I am still getting 3 different versions of what exactly happened on Monday night that caused him to code. A fellow (read grown-up intern) in cardiology shocked him 3 times without orders or release to do so (right in front of me, I might add). I guess it shows that incompetence can happen in other illnesses besides cancer treatment...

Again, BIG hugs to you all....

Hugs and kisses, Kathi

HUGGIN YA THIGHT
    Kathi,

Thank you so much for the update, I know you both must be frazzled. I am glad you two have made it home even if just for a few days. You will continue to be in my prayers!

RE
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077

Kathi
    Ihave not been here for a few days and missed this. I really feel for you and am so glad Hans is home. I know that it is harder for the caregiver...especially when you have your own troubles.
    You are both in our thoughts. Keep in touch. Pat

peace to you both
    Thanks for the update Kathi, sending prayers of peace and rest to you both in the sanctity of your own home.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Thank you for the update and
    Thank you for the update and welcome home to both of you!