If you can spare a prayer....

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My beau's heart procedure on Monday did not go well. He is in CCU, being ventilated and sedated. The heart, already weak, stopped during the procedure. It was restarted, but is beating at a very fast rate.

If you can spare a prayer, please send it. It is so hard to be next to him, and get no response, not even an eye flutter.

I know this is off breast cancer, but you guys are family to me. Between his heart failure, and my cancers, we have the two major killers. Hopefully, he will recover. As I have said before, it is MUCH harder to be a caregiver than a patient!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Oh, Kathi!
    So sorry to hear this. You and your beau are in my thoughts. You have been through so much and it sounds like your love has, too. You both deserve health and happiness. I will be thinking of you and hoping for the very best recovery in the days to come. We are here for you. Please let us know how he's doing.

Mimi
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    PRAYERS ARE COMING YOUR WAY
    Kathi I am so intensely sorry to hear of your beau's current health problems. I will lift both he and you in prayer and I will ask my prayerful friends to do the same. Sending gentle hugs your way.

RE
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    (((((HUGS)))))
    Kathi~

I will burn sage and have my Reggie sing a healing song...he performed at a Native Health Conference on Tuesday night, the words of the song send greetings, health and tranquility, and it is quite beautiful. Fast forward 5 minutes~ Reggie sang for both you and Hans. I will burn the sage within the hour.

Hugs to you, sweetie

Claudia
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I will say a prayer for both
    I will say a prayer for both of you also. Sometimes life is just tough. But there are good times too. I will be thinking good thoughts for you.
  • Cindy54
    Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
    My Best
    My best prayers coming your way...may God keep you both strong...Cindy
  • jakeca
    jakeca Member Posts: 92
    prayer
    You're in my prayers--for strength, for healing, for acceptance of God's will.
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Cindy54 said:

My Best
    My best prayers coming your way...may God keep you both strong...Cindy

Kathi, my thoughts and
    Kathi, my thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. Keep up your spirits, and all of us here will be sending only good thoughts your way.

Judy
  • Derbygirl
    Derbygirl Member Posts: 198
    I'm thinking of you and
    I'm thinking of you and wishing for a speedy recovery.
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    so sorry to hear ,prayers
    so sorry to hear ,prayers for you and beau.thank you for letting me be part of your family.
    love and hugs to both of you
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    Prayer
    Kathi, I'm so sorry to hear about your Beau! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going! HUGS!! Cathy
  • MollysGma
    MollysGma Member Posts: 13
    Hugs to you
    I hope all goes better soon for him and you and my thoughts are with you. My husband had heart surgery in Sept. He's better now and back to work. Not as major as your beau's, but he had to have two surgeries within days and two stents. Blessings to you!

Hugs, MollysGma Joyce
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    MollysGma said:

Hugs to you
    I hope all goes better soon for him and you and my thoughts are with you. My husband had heart surgery in Sept. He's better now and back to work. Not as major as your beau's, but he had to have two surgeries within days and two stents. Blessings to you!

Hugs, MollysGma Joyce

Kathi
    I am thinking of you both............Good Luck Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    energy
    Sending energy your way.

Maureen
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    I am so, so sorry to hear
    I am so, so sorry to hear this. I always have all of you in my prayers but I will say an extra one for this special man in your life. I know what you mean about it being harder to be the care giver. I feel in control with my health issues but so not in control and helpless with others. You have been such a rock for all of us, I can only hope that Hans bounces back and you both have the wonderful, rich lives you deserve.
    Stef
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    I'm so sorry to hear about
    I'm so sorry to hear about this. Yes, of course, many prayers to you and your beau.
    love
    jan
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Kathi...
    Prayers for both of you....

God Bless,
    CR
  • chriss26
    chriss26 Member Posts: 18
    My prayers are with you.
    My prayers are with you. Keep the faith!
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    My dearest Kathi, we can not
    My dearest Kathi, we can not only spare a prayer, but I will be saying the rosary. I'm so sorry to hear that it didn't go well. I wish him a speedy recovery. You are in my prayers as well for strength as it is extremely hard to be a caregiver. Hugs to you and Hans, Lili
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Kathi, I will pray for you
    Kathi, I will pray for you and your boyfriend, that he will have a complete recovery. Eil
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    i am praying
    i am praying for you and your beau. i know how difficult this must be. may you both be wrapped in Gods loving arms and healing come upon Hans.
    all my love
    jackie