Just needed to talk

chetra
chetra Member Posts: 17
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was dignosed May 2007. I have been through chemo and radiation.And of course 2 surgeries. Finished everything by Feb 2008. Reaccurance found in the bone in my spine March 2009. Doing radiation again and changed my harmone theropy.I can no longer remember what my nomal life was like. Can anyone tell me more about dealing with reaccurances. I think it was harder to hear this time than the first. THANKS FOR LISTEN

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Yes, it is harder the second time...
    I wish it wasn't, but, in my case too, it is. Mainly because I am so much older now I think. I was only 34 when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my left breast. I had a lumpectomy with removal of all of my lymnph nodes. ( they called it a partial radical in 1985, but, I kept my breast ) Then, 25 radiation treatments. Then, in January of this year...I had a new cancer in the other breast. 23 years plus later..unbelieveable. I had a lumpectomy and had my 5th radiation treatment today out of 37. They say this is not a reoccurence but a new cancer. I guess it is suppose to make me feel better, but, it does not. I don't have to have chemo because my tumor was only .8 centimeters and I am stage 1. So, I am lucky inre to that. I also feel overwhelmed and wish I could just crawl into bed and wake up realizing this is a bad dream. But, I can't. I do truly love life, I love my husband, my family, my friends and God. So, I get up everyday, put a smile on and know that there are always people worse off than I am and I need to remember that. I always say everything happens for a reason...so...we will see. God bless you chetra and take care hun!
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    I can imagine it would be
    I can imagine it would be harder to hear this time. I'm so sorry you have been revisited by this beast. I hope you have family/friends to lean on during this time. I personally can't tell you much about recurrence ....yet but there are women on this site who've had it recur many times.....and are still here to talk about it. So try not to fret too much. I know it's hard not to. What is the tx plan for you other than changing your hormone therapy? Tell us a little more about yourself.

Lots of hugs
    jan
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Jeanne D said:

Yes, it is harder the second time...
    I wish it wasn't, but, in my case too, it is. Mainly because I am so much older now I think. I was only 34 when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my left breast. I had a lumpectomy with removal of all of my lymnph nodes. ( they called it a partial radical in 1985, but, I kept my breast ) Then, 25 radiation treatments. Then, in January of this year...I had a new cancer in the other breast. 23 years plus later..unbelieveable. I had a lumpectomy and had my 5th radiation treatment today out of 37. They say this is not a reoccurence but a new cancer. I guess it is suppose to make me feel better, but, it does not. I don't have to have chemo because my tumor was only .8 centimeters and I am stage 1. So, I am lucky inre to that. I also feel overwhelmed and wish I could just crawl into bed and wake up realizing this is a bad dream. But, I can't. I do truly love life, I love my husband, my family, my friends and God. So, I get up everyday, put a smile on and know that there are always people worse off than I am and I need to remember that. I always say everything happens for a reason...so...we will see. God bless you chetra and take care hun!

After 23 yrs, wow, what a
    After 23 yrs, wow, what a disappointment. I'm glad you caught it early and can forego chemo. Just shows that we can't let our guard down.
    love
    jan
  • chetra
    chetra Member Posts: 17

I can imagine it would be
    I can imagine it would be harder to hear this time. I'm so sorry you have been revisited by this beast. I hope you have family/friends to lean on during this time. I personally can't tell you much about recurrence ....yet but there are women on this site who've had it recur many times.....and are still here to talk about it. So try not to fret too much. I know it's hard not to. What is the tx plan for you other than changing your hormone therapy? Tell us a little more about yourself.

Lots of hugs
    jan

A little more about me
    I just turn 50 Dec 2008. Tumor was in my left breast and had traveled to the lymph nodes. Stage was 3B. I am a mother of one,and grandmother of one. The second grandchild is in the oven baking LOL Due sometime in Dec. I am divorced.I am a bookkeeper of 15 yrs and did work two jobs, but just one right now. My hormone theropy is in shot form once a month. Will ask name next time I go. And will have a bone theropy once a month with no ending date that I am aware of. The name of it is Vanesta, spelling is wrong Im sure same stuff Sally Field recomands in pill form. Mine is infusion for 25 min. I just was so shocked to get the news again I guess my ears turned off. Didnt remember much. I just so much want to see my grandchild grow up. Thanks for talking to me
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    chetra said:

A little more about me
    I just turn 50 Dec 2008. Tumor was in my left breast and had traveled to the lymph nodes. Stage was 3B. I am a mother of one,and grandmother of one. The second grandchild is in the oven baking LOL Due sometime in Dec. I am divorced.I am a bookkeeper of 15 yrs and did work two jobs, but just one right now. My hormone theropy is in shot form once a month. Will ask name next time I go. And will have a bone theropy once a month with no ending date that I am aware of. The name of it is Vanesta, spelling is wrong Im sure same stuff Sally Field recomands in pill form. Mine is infusion for 25 min. I just was so shocked to get the news again I guess my ears turned off. Didnt remember much. I just so much want to see my grandchild grow up. Thanks for talking to me

What a darling baby
    That must be your darling grandchild. He is adorable. Isn't it funny that we just hear bits and pieces..maybe its just to much to takein all at once. I am glad you found us. Please let us know how you are doing. I will keep you in my prayers.
    God Bless
    jackie
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    chetra said:

A little more about me

Please keep us updated
    Please keep us updated chetra. What a beautiful grandchild in your picture. You are so blessed. I was shocked too when I heard the news the second time after 23 years of being cancer free. It just goes to show that you can never let your guard down..never. You will find the strength to get thru this. Just look at your children and your grandkids and you will find it.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    So sorry you are going through a recurrence. I can only imagine how difficult that was to hear. But take heart, Chetra, there are women here who have been through a recurrence to the bone and can tell you about their experiences. Otherwise, we are always good for emotional support and empathy.

Mimi