It's my Birthday

Options
2»

Comments

• kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Bonnie, congratulations on your birthday! I know I am 2 days late, but I just got back to Japan and could not access this site while away. I will catch up on all the posts, but meanwhile, wanted to wish you a belated but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You truly are an inspiration and gift to us!
    Hugs,
    kathleen
    in Japan
  • Susan523
    Susan523 Member Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Bonnie!
    You are always a smile-bringer to the sight; and I hope that all of the Birthday Greetings that you are receiving will bring smiles to your face, too.

Our Birthdays are now so much meaningful than they've ever been; every Birthday of every woman on this sight.

Happy Birthday!!
    ~Susan xoxo
  • MsEddie
    MsEddie Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday
    Hi Bonnie,

I hesitated to send my greetings because I am new here and don't know anyone very well, but then I thought - I sometimes say happy birthday to complete strangers if the subject comes up, and I have read enough of your posts that you are not a stranger at all. I like your picture and your words. Your posts have helped, inspired, and commiserated with me several times.

I was diagnosed a few days before my 50th birthday and my 53rd will be on Friday. Two days ago, I got the following card from one of my dear smart-alec friends:

Sometimes life hands you lemons, but then you can make lemonade.
    Of course, sometimes life pulls down your pants, runs a power sander across your naked butt, then pours lemon juice on your raw abraded buttox.
    In that case, a cool citrus drink wouldn't really help but, darn it... you 've got to hang in there anyway!

Here's to hanging in there anyway!

Love
    Edwina
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    MsEddie said:

Happy Belated Birthday
    Hi Bonnie,

I hesitated to send my greetings because I am new here and don't know anyone very well, but then I thought - I sometimes say happy birthday to complete strangers if the subject comes up, and I have read enough of your posts that you are not a stranger at all. I like your picture and your words. Your posts have helped, inspired, and commiserated with me several times.

I was diagnosed a few days before my 50th birthday and my 53rd will be on Friday. Two days ago, I got the following card from one of my dear smart-alec friends:

Sometimes life hands you lemons, but then you can make lemonade.
    Of course, sometimes life pulls down your pants, runs a power sander across your naked butt, then pours lemon juice on your raw abraded buttox.
    In that case, a cool citrus drink wouldn't really help but, darn it... you 've got to hang in there anyway!

Here's to hanging in there anyway!

Love
    Edwina

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDWINA
    Hi Edwina,

♪♫♪Happy ♫ Birthday♪♫♪♫ early. We have something in common, I was officially diagnosed one month before my 50th birthday. We are still hanging in there..sometimes at the end of the rope~yup~maybe even just by a thread, but still hanging. :-) May you also be blessed with many more. Hugs ♥ Prayers from the "Chick that sticks" aka BonnieRose
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    Options
    BonnieR said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDWINA
    Hi Edwina,

♪♫♪Happy ♫ Birthday♪♫♪♫ early. We have something in common, I was officially diagnosed one month before my 50th birthday. We are still hanging in there..sometimes at the end of the rope~yup~maybe even just by a thread, but still hanging. :-) May you also be blessed with many more. Hugs ♥ Prayers from the "Chick that sticks" aka BonnieRose

I GOTTA know: how do you do those hearts and musical notes??!!
    Bonnie, you are the ONLY one that I know of, across all the various Discussion Boards, that had figured out how to override the default type font and can add hearts and now these musical notes. You're not only a sweetie; you're a smart cookie! Can you share the secret?

I may not have the techy skills to do it, but if it's not too hard I'd love to try. Thanks.
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options

I GOTTA know: how do you do those hearts and musical notes??!!
    Bonnie, you are the ONLY one that I know of, across all the various Discussion Boards, that had figured out how to override the default type font and can add hearts and now these musical notes. You're not only a sweetie; you're a smart cookie! Can you share the secret?

I may not have the techy skills to do it, but if it's not too hard I'd love to try. Thanks.

Alt key and number key pad...
    ♥ It is fun to discover how to add thing ▼ Some of them don't work but quite a few do and the heart one does for sure.. haven't gotten the flowers to work here yet heres counting from alt 1 to nine ☺ ☻ ♥ ♣ ♣ ♠ • ◘ ○ then you can do alt 10 - 20 ◙♀ ♪ ♫ ☼ ► ◄ ↕ ‼ ¶ and so on. ♥

Have fun discovering what you can do. :-)
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    BonnieR said:

♥ It is fun to discover how to add thing ▼ Some of them don't work but quite a few do and the heart one does for sure.. haven't gotten the flowers to work here yet heres counting from alt 1 to nine ☺ ☻ ♥ ♣ ♣ ♠ • ◘ ○ then you can do alt 10 - 20 ◙♀ ♪ ♫ ☼ ► ◄ ↕ ‼ ¶ and so on. ♥

I'll Try

¡™£¢∞§¶•ª¡º¡¡ nope, that doesn't work on the iMac..✄

♥♡ but I can go to the character palette and drag and drop thru the Edit, Special Characters

❝☃☂☁☀✞❞❤ Saundra
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    Options
    BonnieR said:

Don't laugh if I can't do it. Here's my 1st try:

I can't see anything! I hope something appears when I post it. (blush) I have a laptop with no special number pad (just the numbers on the top row), so maybe I can't do it. But thanks for TRYING to teach me! HA!