Options
124»

Comments

• faithnhope
    faithnhope Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Debi gave you the best
    Debi gave you the best advice. Just get the biopsy first, then deal with the results. Everything could be just fine! My cancer showed up as microcalcifications on my mammo too. It wasn't there in the mammo the year before. Just take it one step at a time!

biopsy done.
    well had the biopsy done this morning. Really not that bad. In fact some novocaine for teeth was worse. I will hear the results on Fri but when the doc came in to say good bye he said he thinks benign but that we will wait till the pathology comes back. I sure hope the doc is right since he wemt out on a limb like that. I don't like to get my hopes up..
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

biopsy done.
    well had the biopsy done this morning. Really not that bad. In fact some novocaine for teeth was worse. I will hear the results on Fri but when the doc came in to say good bye he said he thinks benign but that we will wait till the pathology comes back. I sure hope the doc is right since he wemt out on a limb like that. I don't like to get my hopes up..

Glad you got the biopsy done
    Glad you got the biopsy done faithnhope! Let us know what you find out Friday. And, I will be praying for good results for you!
  • peb
    peb Member Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Glad you got the biopsy done
    Glad you got the biopsy done faithnhope! Let us know what you find out Friday. And, I will be praying for good results for you!

not good
    why did that radiologist have to get my hopes up! he said it is so small that he was surprise that the pathologist found it. I have an appointment with oncolgist mon and don' t know if i should stay with them or go to john hopkins for second look.
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    peb said:

not good
    why did that radiologist have to get my hopes up! he said it is so small that he was surprise that the pathologist found it. I have an appointment with oncolgist mon and don' t know if i should stay with them or go to john hopkins for second look.

Hi peb and welcome
    It would be nice if you could start your own thread so everyone could say hi. Also you could tell us more about your diagnosis.

By being so small you are lucky that it was found so early. Have you had a biopsy? Please let us know.

Jadie<3
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • roweamysonya
    roweamysonya Member Posts: 1
    Options
    tami90650 said:

biopsy
    You wont be able to REALLY know until there is a biopsy. They dont really hurt to have either. Until you REALLY KNOW, you wont know, and that can be very hard on the mind. Get the peace of mind you really need and get the biopsy done. Better safe now than sorry later on down the road. Now, if it is microcalcifications (pre-cancer) now is the time to get rid of it. Be BOLD with this situation and act aggressively. Cancer is very aggressive and you have to beat it to the punch. And if its not, at least youll have that peace of mind. God Bless you in all you do love tami

Steriotactic Biopsy Was Painful - Lidocaine Did Not Work
    I've read where some people mention that the biopsy does not/did not hurt. Well, I went into it thinking this and had initially prepared to drive myself to the hospital, but last minute decided to get my husband to take me. I'm sure glad I did. The lidocaine did not work at all, and I was in EXTREME pain. I kept trying to hold still thinking it would kick in, and finally I realized it wasn't going to but I had already gone through half the procedure at the time. When I left the hospital, I could barely walk, much less drive. I was in extreme pain for a good few hours after that, and then mentally drained for a couple of days after that, so just a heads up that everyone is different. If you do get the biopsy, make sure you're totally numb before they start.